AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6804|Hanging onto the UAV
Anyone else installed 2142 on Windows X64?

Mine is constantly CTD. Disabled VOIP, and it lasts a bit longer, but it still crashes. I played for about 3 hours yesterday, and got 5 CTDs.

Spec:
Athlon64 3700+ (San Diego)
2gb Corsair
ASUS A8N SLI
7800 GTX
2x 80gb in RAID-0
X-Fi Xtreme Music
Win x64
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
So no-one's playing it on x64?! 
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484
Turn VoIP back on, turning it off won't help. I had the same problem and I solved it by turining of Anti-asaling, havn't had a crash since.
major
+14|6497
Would that help stop saying your connection to the ea master server has been lost cause I get that every round which pisses me off
Angel.C-sq
+24|6705|Computer Chair
X 64 works good for me.

I have Voip turned off (not for a crash reason, I just hate talking to the random retards all games seem to have)

Graphics maxed out.
I dont know what your ploblem could be.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6636|Mhz

Havn't had the chance to use x64 yet, so

potential dumbass moment incoming but...

does it have the ye olde compatibilty mode option so you can run it as a 32bit process?

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2006-10-24 14:39:21)

Angel.C-sq
+24|6705|Computer Chair
No idea.
I just installed, patched and played.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Turn VoIP back on, turning it off won't help. I had the same problem and I solved it by turining of Anti-asaling, havn't had a crash since.
Awesome. I'll try that tonight - thanks for the suggestion.

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

does it have the ye olde compatibilty mode option so you can run it as a 32bit process?
Funny you should say that: I searched for this when the crashes started, but couldn't find it. To be honest it seems like other people are having the same issues on regular XP too, so meh.

Thanks for your replies so far.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6636|Mhz

Well if it's in the same place as 32bit XP then just right click on your BF2 desktop shortcut and hit properties, there should be a tab called compatibility, it's all pretty self explanatory from there on in.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6705|Computer Chair
Compatibility is there but as its working on 64 bit for me I dont see the use to try it on 32 bit.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
I disabled AA and it seemed to work for longer without screwing up. Plus I fitted an Arctic Cooling fan to my 7800GTX in case it was overheating (which it was). Played for a good hour or so last night with no crash...

*touch wood*

*stop touching your wood in public*
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6753|Alabama
Works just fine for me on x64, with settings maxed..

Only thing I can't figure out is why when I tab out and then try to tab back in the game locks up =\

AMD x2 4400
Asus A8R-MVP
ATI x1900 XTX
Corsair XMS 2gb
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
diglow~Flow
+32|6643|British Columbia, Canada
oh btw im using Windows 64-bit and it works fine w/ me too!

Last edited by diglow~Flow (2006-10-27 05:22:17)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard