marlborored_99
+2|6485
I seem to be having 2 issues. The first one is starting the game. The game starts, I go to the server screen and try to select one. Wait a couple seconds and it tells me to check my connection settings and try again. after 3 or 4 times I connect and am able to play.

Second, when I do get to play, the graphics seem choppy. I look around with my guy and it seems to skip and other players jump around also. It acts like lag, but my ping is around 60-80. BF2 didn't do this. Any ideas ?

My specs..

Asus a8n-sli premium
amd 4000+
2 gb ram
evga 7800gtx
512 dsl connection
Project Enigma
+3|6410|=XraY=
It sounds like it should be runnning golden on that system.

Do you defrag often, how many processes do you have running, do you check for spyware/adware/virii often? What kind of modem/router are you using. Have you optimized your ethernet connection?
marlborored_99
+2|6485
I defrag often, I turn off all processes in back ground, and my modem is a generic "wideye" dsl modem that came with my dsl service. I would have thought it was the modem, but BF2 ran great, with no lag.
Project Enigma
+3|6410|=XraY=
That does sound odd then. If its just with 2142, you might want to consider a re-install. And dont forget the patch.
marlborored_99
+2|6485
I thought that might work too, but I did it, it didn't help
Project Enigma
+3|6410|=XraY=
Damn, sorry I cant help you out more. That must be frustrating.
Project Enigma
+3|6410|=XraY=
Check out this thread, sounds like it is something in-game, not so much your PC (which 'should' run it with no problems)

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=49626
marlborored_99
+2|6485
thanks for your help..if any one comes across any ideas ...let me know
gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6650|Calgary,AB,Canada
I'd be thinking that its the server your playing on. I can play high settings with a 6600GT, except for lighting and shadows, i turn that off. For me it just depends on the server mostly. Sometimes i go into servers and i run around an average ping of 150, really smooth, clean no lag at all. Then when i join other certain servers i get around 80-90 ping and its laggy as hell. With that system you have everything should run high no problems. One thing you can't really control is the ping of the server. If the server is in UK and your in US chances are your going to have higher pings then that of people living in the UK

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard