Poll

Would you play Battlefield 2 more or less if there were no ranks?

A Lot Less29%29% - 18
A Bit Less29%29% - 18
About the Same37%37% - 23
A Bit More1%1% - 1
A Lot More1%1% - 1
Total: 61
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6817|Perth, Western Australia
If there wer no ranks, data stored online, stats, awards, unlocks, etc etc, all the bells and whistles there are now, how much would you play bf2. This does not mean no commander, squads, and spawning on squad leader, and all of those feratures, just the ones to do with ranking
theburritos
+0|6785|Orange County
then im pretty sure that nobody would play alot, it would just get boring. nothing to look forward to getting.
slidero
Less, I still really enjoy the game though.
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6772|Vermont
I would play it exactly the same.  Given the choice of ranks/stats or none, I would rather have the ranks, but I would play just as much if there weren't any.  The game is pretty damn fun regardless.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6817|Perth, Western Australia
Oh yeah, forgot my view.

Well, I voted A bit less, because as burito said there would not be anything to look forward to getting, but then maybe people would play in teams a bit more, there would be no stat padding, and perhaps a bit less tking for vehicles
Bloody Sky
+2|6876|Texas
Not A LOT less. But I defiantly would play a little less.

I knwo one of the first things that got me really into this game was the fact that ALL OF MY STATS (if Im playing in Ranked Servers) would be kept so look at for later, and keep on adding and adding up.

I probably would of already mostly quit playing BF2 if there where no stats and ranks. But I would still play it and play Special Forces when it came out. Just not as much.
section9
+9|6879|USA
I would'nt waste my time as much
mooncricket
Knife Whore
+10|6768|Alabama
i would have played the for much less without it having ranks (darn you EA for makin addictive games!)
emperorphoenix
+5|6806|Westeren Australia
the would suck badly cause it would be like cs the same stuff over and over again
thinner44
+1|6841

BiRdMaN829 wrote:

I would play it exactly the same.  Given the choice of ranks/stats or none, I would rather have the ranks, but I would play just as much if there weren't any.  The game is pretty damn fun regardless.
Agreed
Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6872|Scotland!
I would have played it exactly the same.

Ranks are exactly what they are : A BONUS!

If I wanted to play a MMO, I would go out and buy WoW...
I mean CSS doesn't have ranks, yet i've played it for 260 hours +.

Do you get my point?  Awards/Ranks are nice... But not my reason for playign the game
Green-Lynx
+1|6775|Scotland!!!
i agree with Lacarno, i used to play ghost recon, played that for like a year+ nearly every day without getting bored
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6845
Alot less.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6800|Human Meat Shield
I will play the same, because this is the first game to incorporate the ranking system. Look at the others we've played -- people are still playing BF42!
SargeX_au
+29|6784
More than a lot less
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6868|Finland
Ranks and medals and such are nice, but id still game just as much if there wouldnt be any.
TC><Injecter
+4|6859|Berlin, Germany
I wouldnt play it anymore for sure... Maybe i would buy SF faster to have something new...
imdead
Death StatPadder

TC><Injecter wrote:

I wouldnt play it anymore for sure... Maybe i would buy SF faster to have something new...
ah, yesh, in 1 year, we would be asking and laughing at :'Remember BF2!'
RasorX
+17|6774|Indianapolis
I'd be interested in finding out of how many people say that the stat tracking things(rank/ribbon/medals) dont matter and they'd play the same amount, how much of you play extensively on non-ranked servers?  I mean, if you would play the same amount then you're essentially saying you are playing for the gameplay and not the bonuses.  And since you're playing for the gameplay, playing in a ranked/non-ranked server would be no different.
imdead
Death StatPadder

RasorX wrote:

I'd be interested in finding out of how many people say that the stat tracking things(rank/ribbon/medals) dont matter and they'd play the same amount, how much of you play extensively on non-ranked servers?  I mean, if you would play the same amount then you're essentially saying you are playing for the gameplay and not the bonuses.  And since you're playing for the gameplay, playing in a ranked/non-ranked server would be no different.
Ah... the truth! Never thought of that until now. True.
Rakasan
+7|6868|California, USA
I think ranks/unlocks are good to bring in some of the CS crowd.  I play the same amount as much as I did with BF1942.  BF1942 didn't have an integrated stats system, but there was bftracks.com (monthly performance stats).

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-19 07:56:52)

*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6837|The planet Tophet
a bit less because well even though i love the game and its taking me a while to rank up  i still love playing
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6807|UK

imdead wrote:

I will play the same, because this is the first game to incorporate the ranking system. Look at the others we've played -- people are still playing BF42!
Noooo for anyone who can remember Delta Force: Land Warrior had a ranking system not too different from this one

But for some reason Novalogic didn't put it into DF:BHD DF:BHD:TS or J-Ops or J-Ops:E, I remember cause I was about 13 and I used to play medic alot then when I got the purple heart and said cool I got the purple heart someone bluntly told me that it wasn't good :'(
DrewH
+0|6874
I played BF1942 a fair amount without any type of ranking or stats tracking.  Although there was a indpendent stats website set up that let you track your number of kills, flag caps, etc. and even had clan groupings.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6778|The United Center
I would still play it, but not nearly as much.  It's weird though because I played CS and DOD for years (and still do from time to time) and there's no ranking system in those games.  CS was just...amazing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard