brome
brap.
+244|6629|Accidental, TK
No really: Tips for making BF2 run better
Things that are freegoes without saying to scan for viruses and malware; i use AVG Free and A-squaredturn off your firewall whilst running BF2meddle with the way your PC starts upClick start -> runType msconfig and press enterChoose the startup tabUncheck every box except the ones you think you need. google them if necessaryClick OKRemove unwanted programsGot to control panelclick Add or Remove Programstake off anything suspicious, anything made by AOL, google desktop search, any demos you downloaded, and a load of other useless crap which you didn't even know was thereIf you have a rubbishy graphics card (like me) - turn down dynamic shadows, which take quite a lot of thinking to produce, and effects, which are the explosions and stuff, so that you don't start seeing a slideshow when the arty hits youFor some reason, BF2 tries to ping every server that you've ever played on when you log in.  This makes it verrrryy slow...Go to my documents --> Battlefield 2 --> ProfilesThere's a load of folders now called 0001,0002 etc. You need to find which one corresponds to your BF2 account. It's probably number 1In the right folder,  open general.con in notepadDelete all the lines that start GeneralSettings.addServerHistory...If you want, you can delete the GeneralSettings.addFavouriteServer...lines which you don't want aswell. This will remove them from your favourites listThings that (potentially) cost moneyIf you can afford it, buy more RAM. It really does make a difference, and for about £70 for an extra 1gb, is better than buying a new graphics cardDon't use a wireless network.  It's what I'm stuck with and they are kack for gaming with.

That's all for the moment. I filched some of this off other people here, and if anyone has any other tips we'll add them here.
Cheers.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6669|UK
Nothing new here...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6639|Seattle

liquidat0r wrote:

Nothing new here...
Much better title

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-10-06 15:25:44)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6521
Good post. +1 for you mate.
Smackin_U
VAGITARIAN
+35|6686|Somewhere in the shadows

King_County_Downy wrote:

Much better title
Thought it looked familiar...
brome
brap.
+244|6629|Accidental, TK
Fine. want me to delete? I was just.. eh.. compiling
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6639|Seattle

brome wrote:

NO!! It's good stuff M8

Some people will find it very usefull (yet hard to search for) but none the less, it's a good thread with some good tips. I say it stays.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
']['error
Banned
+630|6686|The Netherlands
nice one +1 for you
Ryan
+1,230|6885|Alberta, Canada

Won't shuting down your virus scanner make you at high risk of getting a virus?
brome
brap.
+244|6629|Accidental, TK

ryan_14 wrote:

Won't shuting down your virus scanner make you at high risk of getting a virus?
just while you play.  It made a big difference for me anyway
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6669|UK

brome wrote:

No no, nothing wrong with post. I was just saying, from my point of view there's nothing new
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6705|under there hayousaidunderwear
I ALWAYS turn off virus scanner when I play....so much less lag
Ryan
+1,230|6885|Alberta, Canada

I was thinking, how could you possibly get a virus while playing BF2? Your not on the internet or anything, and nother is being downloaded. And anytime I stop playing BF2, my virus porgram doesn't say it picked up anything...
jamie_v1.1
+35|6544|Leeds, UK
Good tips mate.  Does having a wireless connection make that much difference??. i play with one and i think its ok, but if using a wired connection would make it even better i might just do it.  What differences would it make?  (apart from the random disconnections!!)
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6808|Cambridge (UK)
Does it have to be green?
jsnipy
+3,276|6564|...

hmmm ... no probs here ... mine runs like Ron Jeremy
fatmarik
+23|6624|Anywhere i am needed
I NEVER USE PROTECTION, CUZ I DONT NEED A GUN!!! lol! i love this joke
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6758
My suggestion: Get a Conroe.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
brome
brap.
+244|6629|Accidental, TK

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

My suggestion: Get a Conroe.
would have never expected that from you

jamiev1.1 wrote:

Good tips mate.  Does having a wireless connection make that much difference??. i play with one and i think its ok, but if using a wired connection would make it even better i might just do it.  What differences would it make?  (apart from the random disconnections!!)
The main thing is the random disconnections.  There's a couple of threads somewhere... I'll have a look
Shadow893
lel
+75|6734|England

liquidat0r wrote:

Nothing new here...
wow, and here's someone actually trying to HELP the community
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6550|Bournemouth, South England
Gay-ly is such a cool word, +1 for introducing it into my head full of profanities

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard