Japanese0%0% - 0
Dutch9%9% - 15
Swedish2%2% - 4
Other20%20% - 31
Total: 154
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85
Obvioulsy there are alot of people around the world that vist this website, and I am suprised at how well some people write English here when I find it is not their first language, often better than many for whom it was. So what was the first language you learned, and if it wasn't English, how hard was it to learn English?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

ebonics
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6775|United States of America
English.  Learning Spanish, and I actually like it.
X3M*Selkie
+13|6597|Belgium
Dutch as I am living in the Flemish part of Belgium

Belgium has 3 official languages: Dutch, French and German.

English is often chosen as second or third language in school. It's an international language necessary for doing business. The Flemish region of Belgium only has about 6 million inhabitants. Add to that other regions/countries that speak Dutch (or similar, like the Netherlands, South Africa,...) you still have a very limited population you can do business with

Besides we're a kind of people that you'll find all over the world, explorers in whatever sense of the word
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6766|The United Center
There are a few people from here who I talk to on XFire and MSN somewhat often...and if they hadn't told me that English wasn't their first language, I never would've known.  It's pretty impressive how many people not only speak English, but speak it well.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6546|Singapore
chinese
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6651|Derby, England

Georgian
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6646|Los Angeles, California, US.

usmarine2005 wrote:

ebonics
Rofl
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6698|In You Endo- Stoke

ThomasMorgan wrote:

There are a few people from here who I talk to on XFire and MSN somewhat often...and if they hadn't told me that English wasn't their first language, I never would've known.  It's pretty impressive how many people not only speak English, but speak it well.
Yeah alot of them can speak better than us,thats why you never expect them to say"English isn't my first language".

Probally cause they don't abbreviate(sp) words or use slang words.
Zodiaccup
+42|6565
German.

Learned english in school and from books, music and movies.
I understand a lot, but my abililty to express myself in
english is limited. I wish we had no synchronisation for movies, like
some other european countrys, so my english would be much better.
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6604|Finland
Where the hell is Finnish??
My native laguage is Finnish, just like over 90% Finnish people.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6659|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
Igpay Atinlay   (Pig Latin)
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6856|Dundas, ONT, Canada
Russian

Was born and raised in Ukraine. I learned English when came to Canada. Still understand Ukrainian can read it to  but can't speak, luck of practice. English was a second language for me when I was in school, but as some of you know once you leave classroom you forget all about it.
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6708|The Hague, Netherlands
french
I'm learning Dutch (as far as I live in Holland), English and Spanish ....
I wanna learn Japanese later ....
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6581|Cheshire, UK
English - I've attempted to learn other languages but failed miserably.
I've recently visited Sweden, where there english was amazing - After going in to a shop to buy cigarettes and was there for half an hour chatting with the shop keeper. I did feel really bad afterwards.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6538|Montucky
I know three languages. English, Bad English (Engrish) and  Advanced L33t 5p34k ( |_33+  5[]D34|< )
one_of_ten
+7|6675|Brussels, Belgium
French and I speak English, Italian, Spanish and I learnt Flemish at school but I can hardly talk.
J.Askholm
+0|6442|Denmark
My native language is Danish!!

Learned english in school and also by watching tv shows and movies.

In my job I have to travel to different places in the world so it is necessary for me to talk english!!
Longbow
+163|6666|Odessa, Ukraine
Russian .
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6704|Espoo, Finland

Jussimies wrote:

Where the hell is Finnish??
My native laguage is Finnish, just like over 90% Finnish people.
Yeah! This thread failed!

Seriously, we're a minority here, and you can't include every language in  a poll, BUT WHY THE HELL IS SWEDISH THERE?!?!?!?!111ONEONEQUESTIONMARKx7SEVEN

Off topic:
I speak finnish

Oh yes, and I obviously speak english too, like everyone else on these forums.

I can also understand well and talk some swedish and german.

Hmm... reading the first post I might also tell how I learned english

I kind of absorbed it from games/tv and stuff like that. School taught me grammar but you can't really learn a language well if you don't use it.

I could easily get my swedish and german fluent if I used them as much as I use english.

Just not up for spending a few years abroad as an exchange student...

Last edited by Gawwad (2006-10-02 07:27:26)

The_Jester
+52|6510|Italy
Italian.
I speak english and used to speak German VERY well, but I should go to Germany or Austria to refresh my knowledge.

And btw, English is a super-easy language to learn, compared to nordic or slavic languages.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6626|Parainen, Finland
Swedish, (Even though I live in Finland i belong to a minority that has Swedish as their native tongue called finlandsvenskar, suomenruotsalaisia (thank you DeathUnlimited )) (finnishsweeds freely translated)

I also speak Finnish, English and German

Last edited by Ubersturmbannfuhrer (2006-10-02 12:11:38)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6569|Southeastern USA
klik klik klik leee  oooo lou kloo

seriously though, one of my friends was kenyan, she could do that shit, it was great when we were drunk and she started cussing and people with the clicks and grunts

there are about 5 pretty common languages down there, I can't remember which one clicked

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-10-02 07:21:19)

Des.Kmal
+917|6637|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

kr@cker wrote:

klik klik klik leee  oooo lou kloo

seriously though, one of my friends was kenyan, she could do that shit, it was great when we were drunk and she started cussing and people with the clicks and grunts

there are about 5 pretty common languages down there, I can't remember which one clicked
ROFL!!!!!!!!!

anyway, mine is Cajun.... err.. French? Cajun.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6735
English.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard