jimbo1000
+4|6244|Sydney
Good Idea
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
backing up your bf2 directory in my documents is far quicker than having to re-do all your binds.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

I did the space bar in the controls.con and it doesn't work. I'll have to look at it later. I just wanted to post so this shows up in my inbox after someone replies
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
replied

its probably something simple
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6620
How to do this in 2142?
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
I have absolutely no idea

and since I cant stand 2142, I wont be finding out anytime soon either, sorry
mawpheus
+0|6117
hey ive binded the button to my joystick, so the spotted screen/menu appears in game but i cant go on to select spotted, ive tried every button on the joystick arghh
any help would be appreciated!
AncientPC
+1|6167
Can you get this to work in commander mode?  It only works for me in regular mode.
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6829|Texas

ph4s3 wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Damn I had this working, then i restored default settings. Trying this again!
And that's why we back up all critical files such as .con files, right?
You know... It'd be nice if I remembered this over the past weekend when I saw a BF2 folder in MyDocs and thought, "gee, I can delete that and the one labeled BF2 backup also..."

So I spent the last few hours rebuilding my config and play testing... Still not right but at least I got the spot button working again.  Note - mouse sensitivity to 10 = you do about 300 circles in one small slide of the mouse.

Bleh.  Why the hell they thought they should put this in MyDocs I'll never know.
Reverend Quj
+1|6272
Hopefully I did a search using the right terms (but nothing came up); I"m not quite able to figure out how to bind "need ammo" and "need repairs" to specific buttons on the joystick.

any help would be appreciated.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5996

Reverend Quj wrote:

Hopefully I did a search using the right terms (but nothing came up); I"m not quite able to figure out how to bind "need ammo" and "need repairs" to specific buttons on the joystick.

That would be way too much effort for what you receive.

Best of luck finding an answer though.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5868|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Hakei wrote:

Reverend Quj wrote:

That would be way too much effort for what you receive.

Best of luck finding an answer though.
Im not sure if you can use Xpadder for joysticks, I use it for the Xbox pad and it lets you configure all buttons so it should work.
I can either set a button to Q and mouse click for enemy spotted, or set the comm rose button as the joystick button in game, and assign it to left click on Xpadder- does the same thing.
You can have it to hold Q and move mouse right/left etc then click to use different commands, might work for you, it does for the Xbox pad
For flying jets I use enemy spotted and "attack marker" on different buttons works really good, not sure if you can have it so the mouse moves diagonally up or down you might need that if left/right doesn't select the right commands.
Like Hakei said it's a bit too confusing to do the complex commands rather than basic spotting, compared to what it's worth.
If I'm flying jet and really need to say I need ammo (which is never) I would just use the keyboard only takes half a second, and if you're being chased/shot you shouldn't be using them commands anyway lol
If that doesn't work then I'm sure Autohotkey would work, but I've never used it, don't know if PB allows it, plus you need to be quite experienced to make commands with it, Xpadder is just a basic GUI so try that

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-12-11 11:14:16)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon

Reverend Quj wrote:

yeah, hakei is right.  i cant really see the strategy here... unless you like to repair/rearm your heli by hovering over friendlies instead of going back to base?  with a jet i can't figure out why you would even want to make those requests
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
TehTacoKing
''Its nothing serious but i am bleeding badly''
+13|5989|Mountain Dew
Sticky ?

+ 1

Last edited by TehTacoKing (2009-12-11 14:25:50)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6623|EU

When I do all the steps and try it in game, it wont work. Actually my mouse is not working, cant select a thing. When I opened .con file again, there where no sign of c_GIOk lines. Before that there was a Falcon slot which I deleted so there stays only 2 slots of c_GIOk. What should I do with those stupid Falcon lines?
blendiys
+8|6528|Belgium
Why don't you use JoyToKey. It's a small program and simple to use.
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5773|Greece / Rhodos
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5301|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

Delusion wrote:

www.autohotkey.com
Come back to BF2.

Remember the days

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/Irishpride2/123-1.jpg
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Delusion wrote:

www.autohotkey.com
Come back to BF2.

Remember the days

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288 … /123-1.jpg
wrong delusion

the delusion in that SS ragequit bf2 spectacularly and stole my steam account
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
Nothing good ever came of that program
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5301|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

Delusion wrote:

www.autohotkey.com
Come back to BF2.

Remember the days

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288 … /123-1.jpg
wrong delusion

the delusion in that SS ragequit bf2 spectacularly and stole my steam account
Oh.

Regardless, epic times.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

Lucien wrote:

Nothing good ever came of that program
if you saw what a clusterfuck that team was, back then you'd forgive us for trying to use it.
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5773|Greece / Rhodos
yeah wrong delusion...wasnt it ligalize? that nigga stole my name

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard