Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619
Is this any useful for pilots? Like if you bind this to some joy button, dosn't it just spam enemy boat spotted?
Riddick51PB
+21|6508|Lincoln.ne.us

DooDaH wrote:

double binds:

Bind vehicle position 1, 2, 3 to prone, croutch, jump...
no downsides to that...
very good, you just got +1 karma.  thx for your contribution.

unrelated: how do i bind the:
1. Enemy spotted
2. Need Medic
3. Need ammo
4. Need backup

how do i bind all those to one key?
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK

Hacial wrote:

Is this any useful for pilots? Like if you bind this to some joy button, dosn't it just spam enemy boat spotted?
Yes its intended for pilots, thats why I wrote it because doing the commo rose shuffle with a joystick was a bit awkward.  It does not spam enemy boat spotted.

Riddick51PB wrote:

unrelated: how do i bind the:
1. Enemy spotted
2. Need Medic
3. Need ammo
4. Need backup

how do i bind all those to one key?
You cant, well, you can but it would either set all of them off at once, or just the first one and the rest would be ignored.
heduheimo
+0|6304
Hi ! Can anyone help me out with my problem? I can't find anything that contais "c_GIOk" from the Controls.Con file and i dont have any idea what could be wrong. Please ! I  really need help with this.
HypnoticState
+4|6322
OMFG am I really going to post the following ? flame on.

There is an easier method, use a macro. Autohotkey does the job nicely, also good for 1 click commo rose commands, just dont abuse it, I have no problems using macros to do what DICE should of built in, in the first place

Last edited by HypnoticState (2007-01-24 03:26:24)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX
This is a great post and all, BUT a much simpler way is possible. In Options, choose controls. Look for the Main Radio "Secondary" button on the right side of the window. Click that button with what ever button you want to bind with your joystick. Done. No need to do all this fancy computer work, and Yes I tried it myself.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619
I have set this now for my joystick, but I would like to be able to spot enemies while infantry. How I can set this for macro button (I have G11 keyboard) because the configurer can't recognize joy buttons.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX

Hacial wrote:

I have set this now for my joystick, but I would like to be able to spot enemies while infantry. How I can set this for macro button (I have G11 keyboard) because the configurer can't recognize joy buttons.
Read the post above your's. It will work on any keyboard button, or joystick button.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Hacial wrote:

Read the post above your's. It will work on any keyboard button, or joystick button.
But I have set the secondary main radio button to joy button, because I needed to do it so I can spot enemies while in air... Like I used the secondary main radio already because the guide told me to use it.
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
its ok, to make a key macro start with a keypress for whatever your primary radio is (probably q?) and then a short wait (about 30ms) then a left mouse click, job done.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619

Mad Ad wrote:

its ok, to make a key macro start with a keypress for whatever your primary radio is (probably q?) and then a short wait (about 30ms) then a left mouse click, job done.
Hmm would that work? Then it would do it like if I record me pressing Q and then Boat/tank/plane/whatever it would always spot the boat/tank/whatever and it wouldn't pick the right one, like it does when I press my joystick button (this guide).
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
the only way I know to chose boat,tank etc is if you use the right click, youll need to do that in the macro if thats what you want.....if you have that on the spotted button then you have not followed instructions and have used altok instead (but not saying its wrong if thats what you want, well done for taking it a step further if you intended to do that).

if not, im confused- unless your standard setup is switched (ie you are a left hander playing on a right handed mouse and vice versa)
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619

Mad Ad wrote:

the only way I know to chose boat,tank etc is if you use the right click, youll need to do that in the macro if thats what you want.....if you have that on the spotted button then you have not followed instructions and have used altok instead (but not saying its wrong if thats what you want, well done for taking it a step further if you intended to do that).

if not, im confused- unless your standard setup is switched (ie you are a left hander playing on a right handed mouse and vice versa)
If I try to record macro it won't recognize joy buttons or mouse clicks. And what's "altok"?
I don't really understand what you're trying to say but I tell what I've done so far:

1) I set my secondary main radio key to Joy 5 (because I have logitech extreme 3d pro if I set something to button 5 BF2 thinks it's 4 and if I set to 4 it thinks it's 3 and so on... So I have set it to 5 but BF2 says it's 4)

2) I found the two lines with "c_GIRadioComm" in, and copied the second line.

3) Found "c_GIOk" and below that pasted the copied line.

4) Changed the "c_GIRadioComm" from the line I pasted to "c_GIOk".

And then it worked, if I press my joy button 5 it automatically selects the right spotted type. So I how I could set this to one G-button and that it would work at the same time in my joy button?
J=MAN
+25|6658|OZ

CarltosCool wrote:

Nice info, if I could give you karma I would... The amount of times I have accidentally shot my gun when trying to say enemy spotted, I nearly TKed someone once doing it.
You only nearly TKed someone? I once put a tank shell through a friendly jeep when I thanked him for repairing me.
J=MAN
+25|6658|OZ

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

This is a great post and all, BUT a much simpler way is possible. In Options, choose controls. Look for the Main Radio "Secondary" button on the right side of the window. Click that button with what ever button you want to bind with your joystick. Done. No need to do all this fancy computer work, and Yes I tried it myself.
Fail.

If you use this method to bind, for example, a joystick button to Main Radio, pressing it will bring up the commo rose but that's all. To actually say anything, you still need to press left mouse. Bringing up the commo rose and then pressing your joystick fire button doesn't work either.

What we actually want to do is bring up the commo rose and and select "ENEMY SPOTTED" with one button. If you know a way of doing that just using the controls menu, then let's hear it.
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
well explained J=MAN, thanks

Hacial wrote:

it automatically selects the right spotted type
Youve not been right clicking every spotted you do have you? Welcome to automation, just point and click and it always chooses the right type

Well Im glad you finally got it sorted for the stick but your macro program sucks if you cant do a mouseclick, are you sure you have read the help+instructions fully?  BF2 needs a click and theres only 2 slots for giok in controls.con.

Ok so heres your solution, you said you were using a Logi 3D pro right? And you are using the profiler software right? (if not you should be) Ok good, point both secondary commands to an unusued key on the keyboard (O for instance is not used in the default bf2 setup so ill use that, feel free to change it)

Second GIOk line
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_O 0 1

Second GIRadioComm line
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIRadioComm IDFKeyboard IDKey_O 0 1

Ok so thats made your keyboard letter O the spotted key, now use the profiler to send an O keypress from any button you like AND you dont need a keyboard macro because you can change the O to whatever key you want.

Hows that?
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619

Mad Ad wrote:

well explained J=MAN, thanks

Hacial wrote:

it automatically selects the right spotted type
Youve not been right clicking every spotted you do have you? Welcome to automation, just point and click and it always chooses the right type

Well Im glad you finally got it sorted for the stick but your macro program sucks if you cant do a mouseclick, are you sure you have read the help+instructions fully?  BF2 needs a click and theres only 2 slots for giok in controls.con.
I got the joy button spotting working from the beginning (just did what the tutorial said.) And now I found out that when I record macro it doesn't record mouse clicks but I can manually add them.

Mad Ad wrote:

That didn't work. I need to experiment this until I find the right combination.

Edit: Maybe if you could find out what commands it does when you press the button you made for spotting (this tutorial)? (In my case the spotting button was the Joy button 5, and when I pressed it it spotted the enemy)

Last edited by Hacial (2007-01-27 00:11:50)

Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619

Mad Ad wrote:

Ok so heres your solution, you said you were using a Logi 3D pro right? And you are using the profiler software right? (if not you should be) Ok good, point both secondary commands to an unusued key on the keyboard (O for instance is not used in the default bf2 setup so ill use that, feel free to change it)

Second GIOk line
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFKeyboard IDKey_O 0 1

Second GIRadioComm line
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIRadioComm IDFKeyboard IDKey_O 0 1

Ok so thats made your keyboard letter O the spotted key, now use the profiler to send an O keypress from any button you like AND you dont need a keyboard macro because you can change the O to whatever key you want.

Hows that?
Well I set one of my G button to press O, and it works, but now the joy button doesn't work.
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
Ok good so it works, I said use the Logitech Profiler (joystick software, see my sig on deazones) to set up a joystick button to send an O keypress and youve got both.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6619

Mad Ad wrote:

Ok good so it works, I said use the Logitech Profiler (joystick software, see my sig on deazones) to set up a joystick button to send an O keypress and youve got both.
When you talked about profiler I thought you meaned the G-buttons profiler. Well now I have the spotted on O, and I set G12 to press O. But when I tried to set one of my joy buttons to press O (using the joystick profiler) it won't work.

Edit: Got it working, I couldn't just bind the joy button to press O, I had to set a command to the button and record the command:
press O down
0.10 wait
release O

But I did what your joystick deadzones guide said but didn't find it any useful, as I have no problems with flying. (And I tested my joystick like you said in your guide.) But as you've been so helpful with me trying to have the spotted thing on G button and joy button, I give you another 1+.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-01-27 12:33:47)

Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
cool, we're all done then, hope they serve you as well as the have me.

I only sent you to the deadzone page to pickup the profiler link, anyone that has a good functioning joystick wont need to set deadzones like that.
Tauri1980
+1|6629
Worked like a charm on the first try
kudos..!!
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6829|Grapevine, TX
Damn I had this working, then i restored default settings. Trying this again!
BeelVanBaer
+4|6382|Germany, Stuttgart
Very useful ! Thanks alot.
ph4s3
engineer
+34|6829|Texas

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Damn I had this working, then i restored default settings. Trying this again!
And that's why we back up all critical files such as .con files, right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard