Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6389|Scotland
NICE! thx for this.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6581|Melbourne, Australia.
Sorry for the bump of an old thread, but.

3) Open the controls.con file linked with your username (with notepad) and use search to find the 2 lines with c_GIRadioComm in them.

You say there's 2 lines with c_GIRadioComm in them. When I search my controls.con, I can only find this one

Code:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIRadioComm IDFKeyboard IDKey_Q 0 0
4) Highlight the whole of the second line ONLY and press copy.

What do you mean by the 'second line' ?

6) Immediately below the c_GIOk line, make a space and paste in the line you copied from step 4.

Same question as step 4...what line?

8) Save. Done, fire up and go test it!!

Done, but when I enter the came I cannot use my left mouse button (cant click anywhere)

Sorry for the bump .
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX

Des.Kmal wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Damn it.  This was one of my secrets I didn't want anyone to know (I made a thread about this like half a year ago).

(Hope no one figures out the TV missile click spamming, it's sort of the same as this...)
you suck at trying to make people want to know the TV missle trick. you suck BAD.

or maybe its all a trick, to make me think you suck, when this is all part of your plan!!

*runs away screaming*

you mean a macro? hotkey?

yes.
So, any more intel on this, too?

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2006-12-13 23:41:43)

Riddick51PB
+21|6509|Lincoln.ne.us
ok, i'd like to ask: what keys make sense for a double-bind?

for example, i have jump and parachute bound to the spacebar in BF2.  +karma from me to anyone who comes up with a leet double-bind, that is, a double-bind that makes sense.

remember, you must have a smart double-bind solution and i will reward you with +karma.  conversely, suggesting a retarded bind of jump and prone will result in -karma.

submit your double-binds for +karma now!
tupla_s
+455|6593|Finland

Riddick51PB wrote:

ok, i'd like to ask: what keys make sense for a double-bind?

for example, i have jump and parachute bound to the spacebar in BF2.  +karma from me to anyone who comes up with a leet double-bind, that is, a double-bind that makes sense.

remember, you must have a smart double-bind solution and i will reward you with +karma.  conversely, suggesting a retarded bind of jump and prone will result in -karma.

submit your double-binds for +karma now!
Forward and backward , I don't know. Jump and parachute is only double-bind I use and maybe enter vehicle and cockpit view would be useful, then it'd remove the cockpit automatically when you enter jet or helo
samfink
+31|6556
eject and parachute. now, when you eject from a jet, you can quickly throw out the parachute.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6585|England

tupla_s wrote:

This could be more useful

Binding parachute to space
1. Go to bf2 and bind secondary key for parachute (Y for example)
2. Now you have these two lines in the con file

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Y 10000 1

3. replace the bottom one with this

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 10000 1
Now you can jump and open your parachute from the same button, no need for finding the 9 key anymore
Very useful +1
Riddick51PB
+21|6509|Lincoln.ne.us
tupla_s +1 karma (excellent bind btw: jump + parachute)
samfink +1 karma, thx for your suggestion!
turkeybacon
+50|6446|Dragon Valley

samfink wrote:

eject and parachute. now, when you eject from a jet, you can quickly throw out the parachute.
that would suck if you lost control at 1500 feet....half an hour later you hit the ground...

its all about the HALO jumping, high altitude low opening

Last edited by turkeybacon (2006-12-14 12:33:38)

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6527|Milkystania, yurop
Enemy boat spotted
Enemy boat spotted
Enemy boat spotted
Enemy boat spotted
Enemy boat spotted
Enemy boat spotted
you all know u do
samfink
+31|6556

turkeybacon wrote:

samfink wrote:

that would suck if you lost control at 1500 feet....half an hour later you hit the ground...

actually, you need to press it twice, if what i have seen in the demo of 2142 is true.nevertheless, wouldn't you rather spend half an hour drifting down ( it is possible to speed it up by using a steep turn, BTW) or break the sound barrier and look at -2 points 9 for suicide) and 15 secs of re-swan time ( or worse, if you have just had several jet whores force-TK you, then posisble break the sound barrier and get auto-kicked for negative score. that would REALLY hurt, wouldn't it?)
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6571|United States
Not very useful. Just bind your chute to something like T or G. That way you're not falling to the ground for 3 minutes giving everyone plenty of time to see where you fall. +1 for HALO jumping. That's the only way!
samfink
+31|6556
it was useful enough for me to get the karma anyway. and didn't I say it's possible to speed up your descent? and if everyone is congregating where you are going to land, isn't that what a nade is for?
turkeybacon
+50|6446|Dragon Valley

samfink wrote:

turkeybacon wrote:

samfink wrote:

actually, you need to press it twice, if what i have seen in the demo of 2142 is true.nevertheless, wouldn't you rather spend half an hour drifting down ( it is possible to speed it up by using a steep turn, BTW) or break the sound barrier and look at -2 points 9 for suicide) and 15 secs of re-swan time ( or worse, if you have just had several jet whores force-TK you, then posisble break the sound barrier and get auto-kicked for negative score. that would REALLY hurt, wouldn't it?)
Meh, the parachute always deploys for me now. Its only when I'm too close to buildings that it wont deploy, when I bail from a jet or helo it works everytime.

HALO ftw

Last edited by turkeybacon (2006-12-14 14:21:10)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6461|UK

Sone wrote:

pressing q while flying with my joystick is kind of hard, so this would be a good deal for me.. thx man +1
You can use joytokey aswell google it.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
Good idea, but I have it bound to an extra mouse button anyway. Yay for 5-button mice.

However, for medics and engineers, a good double-bind would be the end weapon button and prone. A swift double-tap and you're ready.

For drivers, possibly an 'exit' and 'sprint' double-bind, for when you're on fire or under fire and need out fast.
Although most of you probably just double-tap the movement keys, HL2 gave me the reflex urge to use the keypad 0 for that. (And yes, I use the arrow keys for movement. Easier to find in a hurry than WASD, has buttons nearby for actions.)

EDIT:
For all you joystick people, not got enough buttons for a secondary spot key? Cheapskates.

Last edited by Skorpy-chan (2006-12-16 19:22:51)

Riddick51PB
+21|6509|Lincoln.ne.us
here's another multi-key bind that makes sense:

X for enter/exit vehicle
X for pick-up kit
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6601|Warwickshire, England
I would like to set this up on my joystick but I am having the same problem as Silver.  Also there is no c_GIOk line in my controls.con file.  Any help would be much appreciated!

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

3) Open the controls.con file linked with your username (with notepad) and use search to find the 2 lines with c_GIRadioComm in them.

You say there's 2 lines with c_GIRadioComm in them. When I search my controls.con, I can only find this one

Code:

6) Immediately below the c_GIOk line, make a space and paste in the line you copied from step 4.

Riddick51PB
+21|6509|Lincoln.ne.us
from my controls.con file:

ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIRightAlt IDFKeyboard IDKey_RightAlt 0 0
ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0
ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIAltOk IDFMouse IDButton_1 0 0
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_GIScreenShot IDFKeyboard IDKey_PrintScreen 10000 0
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
Having played a bit more, I think a good double-bind/macro would be 'need ammo', 'need medic', and 'need backup'.
Because, frankly, I find myself needing all three at once.

Also a 'main weapon' and 'prone' bind, just in case you get discovered while handing out ammo, health, or repairs.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6830|Grapevine, TX
Sounds like it would will work, I'll give it a try later. The joystick I have [Saitek X-52] came with some macro software, but I haven't gotten the timing down right. So when i do hit E, for the macro, it stays on  for 1.42 seconds, which it too long if your flying a jet! Not user friendly.
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK

gbr.hitman wrote:

I would like to set this up on my joystick but I am having the same problem as Silver.  Also there is no c_GIOk line in my controls.con file.  Any help would be much appreciated!

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Code:

there must be a c_GIOk line or your mouse wouldnt work, try using the search, its buried half way down the page.

if theres no c_GIRadioComm line there how do you use your commo rose to say things ingame? it wouldnt work either, if youve never had one, bind and save it in bf2 options and you will have both a way to send messages and it will add your first line.

right, if you get all that found then assign the button as per instructions but still find just one c_GIRadioComm line that means it hasnt saved it for whatever reason, maybe bf2 is not picking up your joybutton clicks or maybe you just forgot to press save in the options screen?

if you know 1) what controller number and 2) what key number it is then you can add the line yourself. 

ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_GIOk IDFGameController_0 IDButton_10 0 1

thats my line to put it on my first joystick (controller_0) on button 11 (dice numbers the buttons from 0 btw) just dont miss out the 0 1 at the end.  Btw this is to add in as your SECOND c_GIOk line, it wont work as the only line.

Last edited by Mad Ad (2007-01-18 08:35:02)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
wait, does this works for commander mode where you just point and press the button?
Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
sorry no, I wish it did, that uses a competely different system.
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6601|Warwickshire, England
I have got it working now after about 15 attemps!  Thanks a lot mate!

a truly deserved +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard