EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6594|UK
I have always believed in not TK'ing people and I never punish for an unintentional kill.

But I have changed my mind and now think that TKs have a place in the game.

Tonight I was on Dragon Valley ( FF on ) and had just jumped into an APC in the woodshed when one of my team ran in front of me and dropped a mine in the north entrance, this mine finished a row that completely blocked the entrance. I was heading that way to go and take back the power station but now I couldn't get out of the base.

I start to turn around to go the other way, and the freakin idiot is starting to lay a neat row of mines across the other entrance behind me.

There was no option but to TK him before he pinned all our vehicles into the base.

So my personal approach on FF maps is now as follows:

If I have to TK to prevent my team from being locked into a base I will.
If I get TKd by a stupidly placed mine or claymore that I didn't see I'll punish.

...and if I get called a n00b for getting TKd by a mine I didn't see I will respawn and TK the taunter.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6661|Manitowoc, WI
What is "queeg"?
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6594|UK

BolvisOculus wrote:

What is "queeg"?
Queeg is a character from an episode of the the UK TV program "Red Dwarf". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0684175/

What does "BolvisOculus" mean?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6589|Doncaster, UK
It's a typo, if I remember correctly. It's supposed to be BovisOculus, or "Bull's Eye"
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6537|Sydney, Australia
Take a chill pill dude, just because other people are idiots doesn't mean you have to be an idiot too. I don't punish for teamkills, occasionally the accidental stab in the dark results in me punishing some one, but usually I don't, because most tk's are accidental. Moreso, I don't tk either, if I ran half the airstrip to get into the plane and you come along in an FAV and jump into the jet, then fine by me, ground pounding is what wins the match, not aerobatics in jets.
jsnipy
+3,276|6565|...

So by that rational if someone pees on you in public, you eill pee on other people as well?
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6661|Manitowoc, WI

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

It's a typo, if I remember correctly. It's supposed to be BovisOculus, or "Bull's Eye"
10-4
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6641|Cheshire. UK

jsnipy wrote:

So by that rational if someone pees on you in public, you eill pee on other people as well?
Cool ...now were getting somewhere....bring out the Gimp!!!!!
']['error
Banned
+630|6686|The Netherlands
i never punish for accidental teamkills. I see lots of people on the forums etc saying "i dont punish for teamkills",
but why do i ALWAYS get punished ingame then?
Rogue_Delta
+6|6498

']['error wrote:

i never punish for accidental teamkills. I see lots of people on the forums etc saying "i dont punish for teamkills",
some servers have automatic punish.. that sux
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6572|Belgium

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Nobody understands latin except you anyway
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6594|UK

jsnipy wrote:

Hmmm... No, but if they did a big shit at either end of an alleyway that I was in, I'd feel justified in throwing one of my shoes at them ;-)
Rascapillion
+1|6761|Michigan
You know, this guy deserved something.  To close your base entrances off before you get your vehicles out hurts your team.  And you do it for what?  Probably 2 kills, at most 5 or 6.  I'll admit 5 or 6 kills is a lot but how many people travel with full APCs?  It's just not worth it to eliminate vehicles to make a couple kills.
Zukabazuka
+23|6728

Rogue_Delta wrote:

']['error wrote:

some servers have automatic punish.. that sux
But its not often and mostly they just punish for any stupid reason or no reason at all.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6592|UK

EVEN THE POPE WOULD PUNISH UR STUPIDITY U TWIT!  (havent said twit in years wooooooo come back tour ahahaha)
Smackin_U
VAGITARIAN
+35|6686|Somewhere in the shadows

EricTViking wrote:

Hmmm... No, but if they did a big shit at either end of an alleyway that I was in, I'd feel justified in throwing one of my shoes at them ;-)
Too funny...LOL
Ryan
+1,230|6885|Alberta, Canada

I only punish if someone kills me for a vehicle, kills me for no reason at all, or for getting mad at me and killing me because they are little dumbasses.

Otherwise, I don't punish.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6644
flying hippies
chittydog
less busy
+586|6877|Kubra, Damn it!

What I do in that situation is drive over the mines. Then you can punish him for a TK and HE loses the 4 points instead of you. After a few of those, most morons will learn their lesson.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6495|Cambridge, UK

Maybe they didnt realise FF was on full - so many servers dont have FF on mines.
Ben>You
+90|6568

EricTViking wrote:

I have always believed in not TK'ing people and I never punish for an unintentional kill.

Tonight I was on Dragon Valley ( FF on ) and had just jumped into an APC in the woodshed when one of my team ran in front of me and dropped a mine in the north entrance, this mine finished a row that completely blocked the entrance. I was heading that way to go and take back the power station but now I couldn't get out of the base.

I start to turn around to go the other way, and the freakin idiot is starting to lay a neat row of mines across the other entrance behind me.

There was no option but to TK him before he pinned all our vehicles into the base.
Chances are, he had recently died and respawned at the same base. His mines were still active because his kit had yet to disappear, but he thought that they'd stay there forever and decided to mine off the other entrance. He's only got 5 mines, 4 can't block the S entrance, and if you were:

A) A real team player you would've been Engineer whilst in an APC and been able to defuse one or two, drive past, and replace them.
or
B) You could've waited for the other 5 at the north entrance to dissapear, as I'm sure they would have.

Also, honestly, nobody cares about your TK & TK punishing habits.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6594|UK

Ben>You wrote:

EricTViking wrote:

Chances are, he had recently died and respawned at the same base. His mines were still active because his kit had yet to disappear, but he thought that they'd stay there forever and decided to mine off the other entrance. He's only got 5 mines, 4 can't block the S entrance, and if you were:

A) A real team player you would've been Engineer whilst in an APC and been able to defuse one or two, drive past, and replace them.
or
B) You could've waited for the other 5 at the north entrance to dissapear, as I'm sure they would have.

Also, honestly, nobody cares about your TK & TK punishing habits.
Clearly you care enough to reply with a made up version of what actually happened ;-p
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6588
It is kind of moronic to have Mine FF on in a public server, period.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6584|Winterpeg, Canada
Page down is my favourite button next to W, spacebar, and left click.
morphman001
+9|6604|Melbourne
more like u stupidly got sick of being a NOOB and not watching the ground when driving...OPEN YA EYES,or become an engi and remove those troublesome mines....simple.People who punish beecause they cant look at the road when driving should automatically be kicked...)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard