x.:Shackleton:.x
Quick on the draw...
+33|6575|the land of plenty
Ok, so i got one of the free beta keys and played around on it for about an hour.

I have not read much about 2142, so forgive my ignorance.

I understand the round ends when the Titan blows up, but have no idea how to get on that thing.  So, each time you take over a control point, it shoots a missle at the opposing team's titan to weaken it.  Then apparently you need to get on it and blow it up.
Can anyone lay out some steps or send me a link on how this Titan mode works?

kthx!
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6565|Valhalla
Fly one of the heli things to the titan
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6658|Canada
the apc pods
NuShadow
Captain Fantastic
+24|6514|woodbridge, VA
when the shield goes down, use the apc to launch ONTO THE BACK. I used to try for the front. Bad idea
DaZeD863
+11|6582
i just stand under it and cyber pimp slap it
Home
Section.80
+447|6879|Seattle, Washington, USA

1. You can get in a flying vehicle and fly onto the enemy titan.

2. You can get in an APC and drive in-range of the enemy titan (you should be pretty close to it), then switch to positions-F3-F5. Right click, and then steer your pod onto the titan.

In both instances, do not land on a shield. Don't try to land on the titan early, don't try to land on the shield over the hangar. If you touch a shield, you die.

Last edited by Homeschtar (2006-09-08 16:50:34)

00joe
+16|6678|UK
Since the answer has been given;

You can get some crazy stunts out of podding into/near to the titan shields.

I launched myself from an APC that was on a camber, glanced off the bottom of the titan, did 2 backflips, and ended up heading back to the ground head first. Confused me so much, just stood there for a few seconds not knowing whether I was alive or not.

I also saw a guy launch from his titan in an attempt to land at my position ( had done so 3 other times, so I would just watch him launch, then knife him. ) So he launches, cuts back towards his own titan, I'm guessing glaced off the shield, and got caught in a loop. I watched him charge direction and spin violently for a good 30 seconds before he started heaing for me. He got me that time, I was pissing myself.
Russkie17
+4|6492|Houston, Texas
I hope they un-nerf the pods so they go farther in the actual game. I had soooo much fun podding from one end of the map to the other...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6721|Tampa Bay Florida
I wish I could play in some servers, I keep CTDing every other server I join into.  It looks fun tho

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard