Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6645|Little Bentcock
If you were going to adelaide from sydney you could visit me in wagga, but fuck you.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5381|London, England
Can he poop on your chest?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6214|Roma
I'm up for that!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Adams_BJ
youre making me hard at work.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Do you work in a gay bar?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5201|Sydney

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Sick. Thanks a lot. I'll ask for some more info and opinions when I get more into planning. Gonna look into it next week, only found out the days I'm getting out there this week (arriving something like the 10th Jan...lol), so it's not a long time in the planning.
A$3000 a decent amount? Flights there and back aren't a factor, just internal possibly.
$3k is reasonable, especially when you're staying with friends for some of it. I have no idea how much contiki tours cost but as far as accom, food and the rest it will be adequate for sure. If you're planning on boozing a lot just be aware that alcohol costs quite a bit more than most other places in the world. Your standard stubby (330-375) bottle of normal Aussie beer is around $6-$7, and gets up to $8-$10 for premium imports like Peroni, Asahi, Heiniken etc. Average basic spirit is around $7 a shot.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6214|Roma
Holy fuck. that's like €5, average?
Adams_BJ

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Im not sure what its like in Europe, but keep in mind we don't tip either. its has 10% GST
Jaekus
+957|5201|Sydney

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Yeah about that. Like Adams said, no one tips in Australia other than a bit of loose change - usually when the coin pocket in your wallet is getting full

I can't remember the last time I tipped at a bar, nor seen anyone tip. Rarely happens.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-12-07 15:23:16)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Yeah about that. Like Adams said, no one tips in Australia other than a bit of loose change - usually when the coin pocket in your wallet is getting full

I can't remember the last time I tipped at a bar, nor seen anyone tip. Rarely happens.
I bet Americans get awesome service when they visit

They loved me in Greece

Last edited by Jay (2012-12-07 15:25:18)

-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5201|Sydney
It doesn't really work like that here from my experience and observation (I also worked in bars when I was younger). All shots are measured so there's no free pouring of any kind. You might get a double once in a while or a beer for $5 but that would be about it. I get more freebies from knowing bar staff (from having played gigs there) than any kind of tipping
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6214|Roma
yeah but do they get served quicker because they tip?
Jaekus
+957|5201|Sydney
It's usually a case of first in first served. Because tipping isn't in our culture the other punters get put out if you serve someone who gets there after them. Majority of the time, if you're waiting and someone comes up and the bartender goes to serve them first that person will point to you and tell them you were next. Unless it's quite/really busy, then it's just whenever you get served you get served.

Last edited by Jaekus (2012-12-07 15:34:43)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Ya, that's more what I was thinking.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5201|Sydney
It's not to say tipping won't benefit the service you may receive, but don't expect it to work any magical powers in most cases.
Jaekus
+957|5201|Sydney

Jay wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Ya, that's more what I was thinking.
It might get you a drink quicker. Though if you're paying $8 a beer and having a big night out it already will be expensive to begin with. So usually we all have pre-drinks: go to the bottle shop, get boozed up at home or a mates or wherever you're staying (even a BYO restaurant if you're going out for dinner) and once sufficiently inebriated then go to the bars
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
We pre-game too. Our drinks are cheaper though. I usually pay $5-6 per beer with a $1 tip added on top.
-Frederick Bastiat
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6214|Roma
Pre-drink ofc.
For bottles of 330ml beer, £2.80 to £4
Pint of draught beer, £2.50 to £3.50
Clubs probably more expensive, unless they have offers. But i ahven't been out to a regular club night in the UK for about a year.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6214|Roma
Normally don't tip bar staff. Waiters etc. sure. Not bar staff, unless you have change and cba to wait, or have a bit to throw around.
Adams_BJ
I just don't go out. If I'm drinking, its usually at a mates house. Or in a quiet pub. I hate loud noises.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I'm the same way. I hate crowded bars and never go to clubs. I like being able to have a conversation without having to repeat myself twenty times.

Last edited by Jay (2012-12-07 16:01:05)

-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Your Speed Result:
Download Speed: 17974 kbps (2246.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 962 kbps (120.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Shit, I still remember when 56k was lightning fast.
-Frederick Bastiat
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6347|Graz, Austria

Jay wrote:

Your Speed Result:
Download Speed: 17974 kbps (2246.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 962 kbps (120.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Shit, I still remember when 56k was lightning fast.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/2358331354.png

Shit, I still remember when 2Mbit/s was lightning fast - 6 years ago...
Jaekus
+957|5201|Sydney

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Normally don't tip bar staff. Waiters etc. sure. Not bar staff, unless you have change and cba to wait, or have a bit to throw around.
Yeah I usually tip at a restaurant when settling the bill, and I'll sometimes tip taxis a couple bucks (if the fare is say $18.10 I'll give a $20 and tell him to keep it). Bartenders never, at best some silver into the the tip jar so I've got more room in my wallet

Many places have a happy hour (or hours) on certain nights, like a small tapas bar in Glebe (just west of Sydney CBD) I once met friends there for drinks before seeing Soundgarden and they have from 4-7pm $14 2-for-1 cocktails with about a dozen different ones to choose from. That was pretty good. Other places will have cheap jugs of beer or cheap basics... pretty much what I expect happens the world over.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6214|Roma
I request XMAS THEME

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard