[KS]RECON
+35|6607|E 2/351 Camp Anaconda
This was send to me from a dear friend, so I decided to share it with all of you...

The daughter of a Soldier

Last week I was in Atlanta , Georgia attending a conference. While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer. I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest acts of patriotism I have ever seen.

Moving Thur the terminal was a group of soldiers in their camos, as they began heading to their gate everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering. When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for it hit me.  I'm not alone.  I'm not the only red blooded American who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families.

Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work and home without fear or reprisal. Just when I though! ht I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men and women a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old, ran up to one of the male soldiers. He knelled down and said "hi," the little girl then she asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her. The young soldier, he didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did she want to give to her daddy. Then suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughters name was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine and had been in Iraq for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up. When this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of the soldiers huddled together for a brief second. Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking walkie-talkie. They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it.

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, "I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you." He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He finished by saying "Your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon."

The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was standing no more than 6 feet away from this entire event unfolded. As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around, their were very few dry eyes, including my own. That young soldier in one last act of selflessness, turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank God for them and their sacrifices. At the end of the day, it's good to be an American.
-----------------

I don't care what's on the TV, press or/and other nations said - I am so proud to be an American!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6796|Chicago.
Hell Yes.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6666|London, England
Yep nice story, but it's also like this for loads of other countries armed forces. Remember that too.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6672|Los Angeles, California, US.

[KS]RECON wrote:

When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for it hit me.  I'm not alone.  I'm not the only red blooded American who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families.
Whats the above comment supposed to mean?

BigmacK wrote:

Hell Yes.
I think that about says it. .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6760|USA
As an Army vet from the Gulf War I can't tell you how much it means to all soldiers to be appreciated like that.

+1 Great Story!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6741|NJ
Yup Support our troops "bring them home"
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6613|Mountains of NC

Oorah
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6689|United States - Illinois
There is no better way to respond to this thread than to show you this....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/slyder04/356074-2.jpg

Support the troops fighting for our freedom.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-16 10:23:12)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6754|Wilmington, DE, US

Colfax wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/ … 6074-2.jpg

If freedom's what you want to call it go ahead...lol
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6703| United States of America

BigmacK wrote:

Hell Yes.
yep....that about does it
BTW this should be stickied

Last edited by tvmissleman (2006-08-16 10:37:25)

=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6595|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Just a thought but would a group of Red Cross workers get the same warm departure?
SoC./Omega
+122|6586|Omaha, Nebraska!
Great story, almost put a tear down my face. Who cares what the press says, its when people do that when people forget everything around them and just think of our soldiers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6677|949

Colfax wrote:

How does one support troops?  I feel for troops all over the world, not just American troops.  Troops in other countries have just as much courage.  I support a person's decision to risk his life on behalf of rich white Americans too.  What I don't support is people blindly saying, "Yeah, support our troops."  I support them - I don't want any to get killed.  I would rather them be back home defending our borders. 

Please tell me how a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan or Iraq is fighting for OUR freedom.  Regardless of the outcome of fighting in the "War on Terror" this country will be as free as it ever was.  The only people involved in how much freedom we have is the administration/higher levels of government.  And based on their actions over the last 5 years, it seems to me like they (the Bush Administration/Congress) DON'T support our freedom.  I would hope that most Americans would have the same reaction as the people in the airport did (if in fact this is a true story), applauding any people willing to risk their life for others.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-08-16 10:42:30)

Colfax
PR Only
+70|6689|United States - Illinois

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Colfax wrote:

How does one support troops?  I feel for troops all over the world, not just American troops.  Troops in other countries have just as much courage.  I support a person's decision to risk his life on behalf of rich white Americans too.  What I don't support is people blindly saying, "Yeah, support our troops."  I support them - I don't want any to get killed.  I would rather them be back home defending our borders. 

Please tell me how a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan or Iraq is fighting for OUR freedom.  Regardless of the outcome of fighting in the "War on Terror" this country will be as free as it ever was.  The only people involved in how much freedom we have is the administration/higher levels of government.  And based on their actions over the last 5 years, it seems to me like they (the Bush Administration/Congress) DON'T support our freedom.  I would hope that most Americans would have the same reaction as the people in the airport did (if in fact this is a true story), applauding any people willing to risk their life for others.
I don't understand why you single out my post.  We are free because of brave soldiers am i right?  If brave men during the revolution did not fight we would not be free.  Correct? 

I support our troops.  I want them to come home alive.  I know guys over there.  I have family over there.  So don't single me out like i've done something wrong.

We are free b/c of of brave men who fought for us.  Be it now and/or in the past.
Don't try and turn a good thread into something nasty.

That image accounts for past events, presnet events, and future ones.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-08-16 10:52:32)

PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6839|Idaho, USA / Age 30
That is a great story.  I am proud to be an American.
Smackin_U
VAGITARIAN
+35|6689|Somewhere in the shadows

PFCStenzel wrote:

That is a great story.  I am proud to be an American.
What he said...

No, I'm not crying. I think I got something in my eye.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6741|NJ
Also Don't forget to write to your congressmen and ask them to stop using our soldiers as lab rats..
Shadow893
lel
+75|6737|England
LOL Typical americans overblowing things by a million times. pffft. get over it.
Cactusfist
Pusher of sausages Down Hallways
+26|6613
Thats how a story SHOULD be.

That was moving.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6623|Florida
I am proud to be an American as well.  Wouldnt trade it for anything.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6642|Seattle

Why didn't the soldier let the dad say hi to his little girl on the walkie-talkie? What a dick [/sarcasm]

That's fucking sad too. Jesus whos got a joke? No more sad threads today k? I'm gettin all emo over here.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6596
misty eyed
Drexor
+33|6658|Denmark
great story man...... that was very touchy.... made me wish i would have experienced it myself.... that is one beautiful scenario.

1+ my friend
Boomerjinks
+301|6840|Denver, CO
Little did she know that her father was actually dead....
Stags
+26|6701
A good story is a good story, doesn't matter if it is fiction.  Shit if you wanted only true stories, then you must HATE with every fiber in your being movies.  Okay, that was emotional but I liked that story.

I admit I am a liberal, but that doesn't mean I hate what we are doing in Iraq.  I believe we could've done it some other way, but now we are in and if we leave we'll destory that country and what 5? 10? years down the road we will have to go back in.

BTW, red cross workers deserve the same respect, they go in to these hot spots to help people.  They go into save lives, the reason they don't get the same treatment in an airport is because you really can't tell the difference between them and other travelers.  What they do is extremely important, yet they are humble about it.

Also, wtf is with some people.  I don't want them there helping those people I want them here defending our borders.  Okay, against what?  So you want those soldiers to be crowding the airports?  Thats stupid, yes I do believe that the greatest honor for a soldier is to never have to go to war.  But right now they are at war, they are helping other people in other countries.  If the US does nothing, things may go to shit.  Which, interstingly makes it a lot easier for us to fix it, however that means that thousands of innocent lives maybe lost while we do nothing.

Okay, my post might not have made any sence.  But my point is, we are at war.  Give your support when you can, even if you hate who is in charge you back them up because if you don't then it your head next.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard