3xX
+0|6477
I recently installed a new monitor, and believe it or not, it's been a daunting task to restore my computers ability to play BF2. I have the latest ATI drivers, monitor driver, and completely uninstalled and reinstalled BF2 with the latest patch(full).

The problem I am having, which happens maybe 50% of the time is, I join a server, am able to play for about a minute or two, the game will freeze with sound looping sometimes for about 30 seconds to a minute. The game will then either unfreeze and allow me to play without any further problems, or the game will disconnect from the server saying "connection to the server has been lost." There have been a few times where the game actually crashes, and I get an error from Windows saying something regarding services.exe, NT Authority\System, and the computer will restart automatically in one minute with a countdown. The only software I am running in the background is antivirus, ATI Control Center, and I am using Windows firewall.

This is my rig,

AMD Sempron 3100+ OC 2.25ghz
1GB 4200 RAM
ATI Sapphire Atlantis 9600 Pro
WD 80GB HD
Antec 500W PSU
Viewsonic 2025 monitor (brand new)

I have searched the forums, but have yet to find anyone with any problems like mine. Any help would be appreciated.
wahjot
+30|6576
same thing has started happening to me lately, although i didnt install anything new. ill join a server, and sometimes a sound will skip and freeze the game, or itll just crash. dunno whats up but maybe itll go away by itself since it thats the way it was caused

amd athlon 3000+
1gb 3200 ram
ati x800 pro
wd 80gb hd
dunno what psu, i think its the standard 380w one that comes with sonatas
dell 1907fp

i really doubt its the monitor thats doing it, it doesnt make sense really at all
captain_itchy_pants
+13|6566
By chance guys, did this begin this past monday? I am having a ton of problems and I believe it was the latest PunkBuster update that I did. EA and co have screwed us again (just when I got the game to work without lag). I am getting sick of this.
wahjot
+30|6576
i dunno if it was monday, but it has been very recently so it very well could have been since then
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6611|Mhz

Yep mines doing the same thing, i blamed it on the fact i just did a fresh windows re-install but this makes me think otherwise.. i'll be so glad when theres something new worth playin so i dont have to put up with this anymore.
-GR33NS-
+10|6491|KILLA KALI
Hey guys, I just started getting the same problem, and it started to get worse on Monday. 75% of the time I get a crash. I connect to a server, stay connected for 30seconds and then bammmm!!!! I get loopping sound for 45seconds and then it crashes saying it has 'lost connection to the server'. I checked out my connection and everything is fine. I tried to serf the net, and everything is fine. I go back to BF2 and the damn thing freaken crashes. I did a fresh install of BF2 and I still get the same shit. I installed BF2, SF, and then 1.3full patch, and the game keeps crashing. What the hell is there to do? I'm sick and tired of it already. Damn you, whoever's fault it is.
Daz
+14|6510|Somalia
Freezes every single time

WHAT A CUNT
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6481
First things first,

DO NOT REINSTALL WINDOWS, REPLACE HARDWARE, REINSTALL DRIVERS OR MESS WITH YOUR ROUTER!!!

It seems that, yes, the problem has started happening to us since monday the 24th of july, and yes it is a problem rooted within EA/DICE/PUNKBUSTER. I just got off the phone with EA customer support (try not to laugh) they are aware of the issue and have a tech working on my account right now, I highly recommend you put in a trouble ticket with EA or pony up the funds to make a long distance call to their customer support line in california, this is the same phone number in the back of your owners manual, the phone# is for people who live in the usa: 650-628-1005, there is an automated menu then you have the option to speak to an actual person.

as far as what is happening these are the symptoms and how to figure out if this is your problem:

SYMPTOMS:

-your game works fine on single player, but if you try to connect to a mulitplayer server your computer hangs for anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute then goes to the server brower and says connection lost. DO NOT START REFORMATING YOUR DRIVES, RELOADING DRIVERS, REPLACE HARDWARE!!! this is not an issue caused by you or at this time correctable by you, this is what I do know as of right now, I highly recommend you put in a trouble ticket with EA or call the phone number listed above, if you live in another country I recommend you look in your game manual for a local customer support number.  this is the message EA sent me after I sent in a trouble ticket and a tech is calling me tomorrow to help resolve the issue.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support. The question that you submitted has been updated and the details of our response is below. To update this question by email, please reply to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

Discussion Thread
Response (Sabrina Kia S.) 07/26/2006 09:03 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support.

Please try first to refresh your profiles for the game:

Go inside My Documents and look for a Battlefield 2 folder
Right click on the folder and select Cut, and Paste the folder on the desktop
Try to run the game again, this time the game would ask to try to make a new account or retrieve it
Click on Retrieve Account and type in the E-mail address that you used to make your BF2 account.
Try to go into a server

Please also send us the information about your computer. Please send this information from a program called dxdiag.exe. To do this:

· Go to Start -> Run.
· In the box, type the following: dxdiag
· Click "OK"
· Click the "Save All Information" button on the first screen of the application.
· Then on top of the "Save As" box that pops up, select Desktop (if it's not set to save there already), then click Save.
· Finally, attach the dxdiag.txt to your email reply.

After we receive this file we can continue troubleshooting the issues at hand and hopefully come to a solution.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts game in the future, please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support.

Note: The Electronic Arts Knowledge Base contains over 7,000 articles designed to answer the majority of the questions asked of our customer support agents. Please be sure to search our Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid unnecessary delays.
Thank you,

Electronic Arts Customer Support

once again DO NOT REINSTALL DRIVERS, THE GAME, WINDOWS or replace hardware, you didnt screw up anything, EA did. I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow when they call...

||3RB||MOBB
-GR33NS-
+10|6491|KILLA KALI
Just the answer I was looking for. Good job ||3rb||MOBB +1 for you. I was thinking it was something on my end(software or hardware). I hope they can fix it soon. They need to get their shit right.  I'm sick & tired of all these things they mess up in the game. Well I guess I'll try the quick fix you posted above & see if that works. Other than that, I guess we'll have to wait. Thanks for the reply.

No +1 for you MOBB, until I get my 10 post. I'll remember though.

Last edited by -GR33NS- (2006-07-26 15:53:21)

Daz
+14|6510|Somalia
How long does this take.

Last time this happened like last year I think, I ended up being off bf2 for a month.
-GR33NS-
+10|6491|KILLA KALI

Daz wrote:

How long does this take.

Last time this happened like last year I think, I ended up being off bf2 for a month.
Well if your game is not crashing or getting disconnected I guess your fine. But there are many people that are having this problem and are anxious to get a fix. Formyself, if I get disconnected of crashed I attempt againg  until I get into a server to play. I need my daily BF2. Sometimes my game will keep crashing until around the 4th or 5th attempt. Even then, after a couple of rounds, it will happend again. Good luck every1!!! Keep us posted.
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6481
Ok heres what I got so far, apparently punkbuster put out a new version on the 24th... guess when this all started?  (the 24th if you didnt guess) now I knew that this didnt occur when I played on a single player further ruling out hardware or driver issues, now I took it one step further with the help of some others and tried playing on a bf2 server with PB disabled, and guess what? the game ran fine. to further point the finger at punkbuster it seems like other punkbuster games are having the same issue.

So to sum it up, I havent got a return call from EA yet but it looks like the most current version of punkbuster is the culprit, that being said, my own personal course of action now is to tell the rep from EA when they do call me and keep my fingers crossed that Punkbuster releases a fix asap.  I recommend you fire off an email to punkbuster and let them know what is going on to further encourage them to fix this quickly, I'm going to write them one right now as welll as put in a trouble ticket here is the link to punkbuster:

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?pag … rt-bf2.php

hope this helps I'll check in tomorrow after my phone call with EA,

||3RB||MOBB
Nohurrie32
+3|6664
amd 64 athlon 3500
1022mb ram
nvidia geforce 6600le 256 mb
1280 x 1024 32 bit 60hz dell monitor

Played (almost) everyday for several months.....
Now whenever I play ( if u can even call it that) I last 10 - 30 seconds and then BLAM freeze....

Have no idea why.....EA

Why......EA

why........EA
-GR33NS-
+10|6491|KILLA KALI
Damn it. Now I don't even last 5 seconds in a server and my game just freezes and get the looping sound. It just gets stuck there. In every server I join. I'll have to reach ea and punkbuster. I know how it feels Nohurrie32. I'm having the same problem. I just want to play. Here's my system specs.

CPU: AMD 3500+ (Venice) @ 2.2ghz Stock
MOBO: Epox 9NDA3J nForce 3 Ultra
Cooling: XP-90C/Delta TriBlade/(4)80mm/(1)120mm
RAM: OCZ (PlatRev2) 2 x 512mb 2-2-2-5 @2.75v
Graphics: ATI X850Pro 256 mb
PSU: Fortron Blue Storm 500
HD: Seagate 250gb SATA / 2x 80gb IDE / HP DVD-RW
Display: Dell 2005FPW
BigBadFint
+0|6475|Germany
I also wrote a trouble ticket to PB, here's their answer:

07/26/2006 09:35:58 - "[ROC] BigBadFint"     
Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.
There seems to be a problem with your latest Update. Since yesterday I am unable to play Battlefield 2, everytime I connect to a Server which runs PB the Game freezes for about 30 seconds and I get finally rejected to the BF2 Menu Screen. There's also a statement, that the connection to the server has been lost. When I am playing single Player, connect to a non-PB Server or an outdated PB Server, I've got no problems. I already read that I am not the only person encountering the problem, I hope an Update will soon be available.

PS: Please excuse my unprofessional english, it's been a long time since my schooltime.

07/26/2006 13:08:10 - "[ROC] BigBadFint"     
Note #2: I updated my Videocard Driver to 91.31 and updated PB manually, unfortunenatly without an effect.

07/26/2006 16:57:00 - "Stuart Dunsmore"     
Note #3: Please try joining my server here:

IP: 69.150.138.170
PW: pbtest

And see if you get the same lockups.

07/27/2006 01:48:23 - "[ROC] BigBadFint"    
Note #4: So far so good. The Pings a little bit high, but this surely results from my location in Germany. Nevertheless the Freezes and Disconnects seem to be gone.

07/27/2006 02:07:56 - "[ROC] BigBadFint"    
Note #5: I just tried something from the EA-Forum and it seems to work fine.
I had to download the following file from your webpage and insert it into my PB folder:
http://www.punkbuster.com/downloads/bf2/pbsec.htm
The file was not in my folder yet, so I tested it and encountered no more freezes.    

07/27/2006 03:29:41 - "Stuart Dunsmore"     
Note #6: That was not the solution, I found, and applied a hotfix to the BF2 servers earlier. You should be able to play on all BF2 servers again.    

Since the last message I don't encounter anymore problems.

Last edited by BigBadFint (2006-07-27 07:05:56)

-GR33NS-
+10|6491|KILLA KALI
Well I updated punkbuster manually and after two attempts connecting to different servers I have no more problems. Unfortunately I can't play anymore until I get home from work. I'll play for a couple of hours and see if everything is fine. Here is the link so you can update punkbuster: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

good luck
johnnysz
+2|6758|Skåne
It works for me now!!
After 4 days of pure despair...
BigBadFint
+0|6475|Germany
According to the PB Admin it was a serverside Bug. For me the manual update (it's ussually the first thing I try) didn't work, nevertheless the serverversion has been patched by now and there shouldn't be anymore problems.
Daz
+14|6510|Somalia
I have NEVER updated punkbuster and have been fine.

This problem usually works out itself.

And every time I join a server within 4 seconds the game freezes and I cant do anything but switch off the PC.

Ill have another go, if it still does it I guess thats it, have to stop for a month like last time.
Nohurrie32
+3|6664
I managed to solve this problem by visiting punkbuster and downloading as well as forcing an update at punkbuster. I was going to be one of those guys that reloaded everything but all I did was update my drivers which included a visit to punkbuster problem solved........
mallchin
+1|6520
I'm still having MAJOR problems here.

I can play single player fine, but loading multiplayer causes the machine to freeze about 5 seconds after the Join Game button pops up (after the loading and verifying files). I formatted a new HDD, installed Windows, installed BF2, and managed to play for 1 game until the same thing started happening.

I'm about to try a non-pb server in the hopes that might get me some play in, but I won't hold out.

I think this sucks arse. I really like BF2, it looks like such an awesome game, but I get like 40% play out of it and 60% omgwtfarsesuckage.
Sh4d0wF0x14
+36|6455|luton. uk
i have been having the same problem, i start bf2 or bf2 sf and it comes up with the bf2 box and then the screen goes black, as usual, then it just returns to the desktop without anything actually happening. it is really pissing me off because i cant even play the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard