PermaG
+1|6889
I am sick and tired or slipping past the enemy lines, making it to their main base, and netraulizing the flag, and then the flag gets to the very top, but never changes to my team. Thus resulting in the enemy falling back, killing me, and recapping.

Last edited by PermaG (2005-10-13 10:48:22)

Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6821|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
I've seen this happen enough times myself, most notably on Sharqi. I'll see the flag capture bar immediately once I spawn even though I am not within the capture radius. Typically this occurs when I spawn at a non-capturable base.

When this happens, I am able to move the flag up and down, but unable to actually convert control of any point. (Thus if you have this show up, don't try capping flags, because you'll actually not just not cap it yourself, but also prevent your teammates from doing it while you are there)

Solutions I have found to avoid this problem when I see the flag capture meter while not by a flag:

1. Get into a vehicle and then exit the vehicle.
2. Go to another friendly flag, get inside the capture zone, and exit the capture zone.

IMO, the vehicle trick is usually far faster to remove the false capturing status that causes this glitch.

Hope this helps.
OnBoyce
+3|6869|Montreal, QC
You're sure there are no enemies in the area? Because I think if there is only one enemy within range of capping, you won't be able to capture that flag until you kill the enemy. Each time this has happened to me, it was because of that reason.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6826|The Hague, Holland

OnBoyce wrote:

You're sure there are no enemies in the area? Because I think if there is only one enemy within range of capping, you won't be able to capture that flag until you kill the enemy. Each time this has happened to me, it was because of that reason.
I'd agree with that. If there's an enemy, kill that suck0r first
Hyper_Dude
+5|6866|United Knigdom
It's happened to me, with at least 5 men each time, and a UAV. No one is around, and even if it was one man, there's a squad or two waiting
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6829

i find that if you leave the flag and go back to it it will cap... unfortunately its sometimes hard to explain this to some people
"move away from the flag, or it will never cap"
"NOOOO!!! ITS ABOUT TO! LOOK AT THE FLAG!"
[5 minutes later]
"believe me yet?"
thinner44
+1|6853

beeng wrote:

i find that if you leave the flag and go back to it it will cap... unfortunately its sometimes hard to explain this to some people
"move away from the flag, or it will never cap"
"NOOOO!!! ITS ABOUT TO! LOOK AT THE FLAG!"
[5 minutes later]
"believe me yet?"
LOL, I hear ya . It's happened a few times, 6 of us at a flag that doesn't turn..... I walk away, 2 seconds later, flag changed and everyone else gets the points.... It's a glitch, it's a laugh.

If you see me at a flag that's about to change.... I've probably been there all night
96D
+0|6818|Maryland, USA
It's happened to me as well, also with UAV coverage and also confirming that there were no enemies in the area. It's frustrating, too, because it always seems like a vital cap for your team (e.g. to stop the ticket loss, to give a needed spawn point, etc.).

I'd love to catch this glitch happening to an enemy, though.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6826|The Hague, Holland
Never happend to me, sounds like pain in the butt.
Lets say youve been defending that CP, killing 3 people. Finally got that flag to rise. And then it stops?=P
I'd go berserk and fire a few rounds at the flag .
Rosse_modest
+76|6819|Antwerp, Flanders
I've had a flag just stop mid-pole couple of times when i tried to capture one. Last time I remember was on sharqi, we were at the westernmost US flag with 4 MEC's but the damn thing just got stuck halfway. And no there werent any USMCs around, we were around the entire time looking for one but couldnt find any...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard