CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6617|California U.S.A

Capt. Foley wrote:

Seal 3 wrote:

Mashtuur!!!

I think its prob my best win/lose ratio as far as maps go.

No uncaps for any side=balanced. Equal armour i tank per side which you could steal/take away from other team

A highly superior design compared to Karkand. Mashtuur it's not linear like Karkand. More of a 360 degree approachable map the transport choppers rock... Kinda hard when your Spec ops seeing as how the enemy assets are spread over two flags for each side.

No one class is dominate, it all around flat out infantry battle, not a battle of the fucking "Hotel" cluster fuck like so many of Karkand's opening moments on every one i play.

It brings a smile when i see Mashtuur come up on the rotation it really is a beautiful map I think my fav is the street sign near the large bridge in the middle that says "Karkand->" kinda gives you a sense that all the maps are connected. I just like the sign, not the map Karkand, that map gives me a rash..

And before the patch/BH heli nerf a few ago that gawdamn Blackhawk was the undisputed Whore mobile!!!
on shoungu stalemate there is also a sigh by the Fish Factory that says Dragon Valley >
also on Daquing Oilfields there is 1 by the china main but i cant remeber what it says

this could of been a realy great game if EA and the consumers had given DICE another month or 2 to put out the game

(I must admit i was Engi wrenching like a mo-Fo pre BH-nerf patch laughing as we were not shot down at worst maybe once in a game)

And at that some serious shit had to hit the BH for it to go down. Like if all engis got shot out the doors and two AA missiles hit 3 AT rockets at the same time then your in trouble...now if you had 2 engi's a support a medic and a spec ops that was some Grade A whore time!!

I just wish they hadn't replaced the BH mini-guns with airsoft bullets. Can't kill shit with those things now as long as the enemy below has goggles on they wont get there eyes shot out and will be able to go about their infantry business unmolested seeing as how the Airsoft plastic bullets wont kill you..   

And to sum up, Mashtuur a highly superior design compared to Karkand!!

(Did I mention Karkand gived me a rash??) 
Also on Shongu Stalemate by the Fish Factory there is a sigh that says Dragon Valley>
i have seen them on many more maps as well
somewhere on Sharqi Pennisula there is a sign pointing to Zatar Wetlands
No shite??!! I've not seen those yet I think i can picture the one on Songhua,as far as area (I'll take a look later)...

But where (area wise) on Sharqi is that? Wow I've played that alot surprised i havn't seen that one

Wonder if all maps have those signs? 

hmm that make make a interesting thread 
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6787|Rotherham, England
i love mashtuur aswell, but i must admit i like playing sharqi and also sometimes operation smokescreen on euro forces.
I think all of these maps reward a good team effort rather than rewarding medic and support whores and spawn rapers like karkand does.
Unfortunately though karkand will probably always be the most played map because of all the point whores out there. Infact i don't think i've ever had an enjoyable round of karkand, the only reason i ever played it was to get certain badges and awards that would be difficult to get elsewhere.

There is also a sign on mashtuur, on one of the bridges behind mosque, that says "To Karkand".

Last edited by mjw (2006-04-22 01:49:11)

shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6703|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
No! Pre 1.2 Mashtuur > Karkand

I miss the old days of Blackhawk whoring
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6700|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
I lay karkand a lot and mushtar is so underated there should be 24/7 servers for it
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6788
Thank you for your contribution... as I suspected, 78 hours on karkand and 3 on Mashtuur.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6749|Sydney, Australia

li_a_m wrote:

I lay karkand a lot and mushtar is so underated there should be 24/7 servers for it
Internode has a Mashtuur only server. Good for aussies. The only problem is that it usually only gets busy after 7-8pm. Check http://games.internode.on.net/gameserve … .net:16567 for server info.

The server URL when you are playing BF2  -   bf2-5.games.internode.on.net:16567
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6612|Finland
Karkand is better, then comes sharqi and last of the city maps mashtuur.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6790
or from a non lllama perspective its mashturr then sharqi then krakinlandishtan *aka* i play the same map 100% time i play this game cuz im a fuckin douchebag land

and of course all of those come after the sf maps
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6700|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia

mcminty wrote:

li_a_m wrote:

Internode has a Mashtuur only server. Good for aussies. The only problem is that it usually only gets busy after 7-8pm. Check http://games.internode.on.net/gameserve … .net:16567 for server info.

The server URL when you are playing BF2  -   bf2-5.games.internode.on.net:16567
thanks i didnt know that, ill give it a go
DSRTurtle
+56|6714

ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE wrote:

But the only thing about mashtuur that isnt good: the Blackhawk. everyone wanna hop in to the choppa. and if your not on the usmc team you will lose.
A smart MEC team can beat the USMC any given day.  Capture the South Gas Station before you kill the blackhawk and then keep it after you've killed the blackhawk.  The MEC Chopper is probably a little better in the fire suppression mode with it's exploding rounds vs the nerfed miniguns on the blackhawk.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-04-22 04:47:02)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6797|Human Meat Shield
I like Mashtuur now, but before the 1.22 patch it bit hard if you weren't in the BH!! I can thank Mashtuur for all my Engy stuff.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6788
Bumpity.
sheggalism
+16|6770|France
I prefer Mashtuur, Karkand has became a overplayed map and everyone knows all its tricks, besides, in Mashtuur, tanks, even if they last as long as in Karkand, are less efficient. And in Mashtuur, almost all flags are quite hard to defend, that gives more challenge !
Leebster
+22|6776|Sharqi Peninsula
Personally I feel that Mashtuur is an absolute beast because of how even everything is.  You have to use tactics and not just run around getting points, because you can gain the Black Hawk or lose it, as well as trucks and the MEC helicopter.  Each side needs defense and offense to win.  I also like how there a lots of buildings you can turn into fortresses because you have to levels to it.  Snipers can get up on the roofs and assault or support can peer out of the windows and unload on baddies.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6733|Antarctica
Sharqi>Mashtuur>karkand.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6702|Canberra, AUS

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Sharqi>Mashtuur>karkand.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dirrty_Bird
Dirtier than thou
+5|6768|Vermont
SHARQI PENINSULA > MASHTUUR CITY > STRIKE AT KARKAND

That's the order of best infantry maps IMO.

I recently noticed a couple 24/7 Sharqi servers

Last edited by BiRdMaN829 (2006-04-22 23:21:11)

imdead
Death StatPadder
haha...yeah...me too...24/7 Mashtuur? hmmm...I make a 24/7 Mashtuur, this Night map isnt' working, I Usually play on another server anyway..
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6720|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Even though Karkand is by far the map I've played the most, I prefer Mashtuur City. Just have some bad lag for some reason on that map.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6671|England
The thing with Talon is, is that he is jealous cuz i got more points than him just playing Kark. We argue on a regular basis
luckybaer
+10|6802| Going Feral
Mashtuur is cool, but if you get stuck with a bunch of toolz, you can end up with no flags pretty easily.

I still like Mashtuur, Karkand, Sharqi, Warlord, Night Flight, Devil's Perch, and Ghost Town.
Brasso
+1,549|6658

perfect arguement.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
niomosy
+26|6717
Mashtuur isn't bad but it's down on my list.  I wouldn't even bother playing it for a while, having gotten sick of Blackhawk whoring and tons of snipers.

Still, the only maps I like less than Mashtuur are Kubra and Wake.
R0lyP0ly
+161|6681|USA

Teeksy90 wrote:

Talon wrote:

Yes, feel free to give me karma if you like it...
Ditto
Ditto^2. I <3 t3h Mashtuur
imdead
Death StatPadder
Sharqi, Mashtuur, Karkand, Dragon Valley, Dalian.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard