[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

New Files Released April 26 2007:
http://files.filefront.com/EnglishNEWzi … einfo.html

Feel free to edit anything. I used Mad Ad's spotted change and middle of the screen change.

Features:
[*]+/- Points are indicated and highlighted.

[*]Kill indication is large and highlighted (who you killed).

[*]Death indication is large and highlighted (who killed you).

[*]Team requests are highlighted and enlarged. Rides, Ammo, Health, Repair requests only.

[*]Explosives are highlighted.

[*]Weapons in teamkills are indicated.

[*]Punished teamkills and awards/rank ups are enlarged and highlighted.

[*]Control point caps are enlarged highlighted to see whom is being a team player.

[*]Team damage is highlighted and enlarged to get your attention. You won't even notice the default messages lol.

[*]Changed spotting such that it shows up as "Unconfirmed" instead of the original confusing message. Thanks to Mad Ad for demonstrating the spacing required for this.

[*]A spotted infantry soldier is highlighted to further distinguish from an unconfirmed (spam) spotting.

[*]Changed middle of screen # players to game start, and out of bounds to sides of the screen. Thanks to Mad Ad for demonstrating the spacing required for this.

[*]Weapon damage and type is indicated and highlighted. Note that weapons like shotguns and sniper rifles have slight name changes, because their base damage is dependant on range and how many shells hit.

E.G.

PKM MG D35 means PKM, Machine Gun, Damage 35
M16A2 AR D30 means M16, Assault Rifle, Damage 30
G36C CAR D25 means G36C, Carbine, Damage 25

The damage helps me know if I got whacked by a very weak gun, like a PP19 or a strong gun like an RPK. So when someone with a shitty gun gets me I know I should be embarrased. It also helps to know if you got shot in the head, eg if I die to a PP19 out of nowhere and I had full health, I know he must have gotten some mad headshots, because you can tell when someone hits you a little or a lot, and based on the damage you can figure out if your death was "bullshit" or not. To me, every death is bullshit haha.

Personal:
[*]Vehicle tags are slightly modified. E.g. Vodnik becomes Smirnoff Vodnik. RIB becomes RIB Condom etc.
[*]Vote tags are modified.
[*]Some browser shit changed like Play Now button -> Press 4 Lag, Refresh Button -> Do not click.
[*]Other shit I forgot to mention.

Download and follow these steps:

https://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9676/step1wk9.jpg
https://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9466/step2xp0.jpg
https://img337.imageshack.us/img337/388/step3uf0.jpg

Sample Changes:

https://img115.imageshack.us/img115/866/changesfb0.jpg
https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2020/changes2on4.jpg
https://img70.imageshack.us/img70/557/changes3zr7.jpg

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2007-12-01 21:29:22)

MurdererOfNoobs
Banned
+0|6589
if u need anything other than what weapon someone tked with, you suck at bf2 and have no memory
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany
Thx,but I already have my own....

The big kill message is the best modification there is besides the teamkill weapon message.
It is so much more rewarding when the big letters with the enemy name in orange pop up compared to the usual tiny,grey ones.
And it really helps when you are claymoreing around,you won't miss it when one of your two claymores blows somebody up and hence you know it's time to plant the next one.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6694|New York
Dude why do you feel the need to bash someone for doing peeps a service? Possibly making the BF2 experiance better for them? Nice way to jump right into the forum there Kiddo.

Grow up kid.

I appreciate the files thanks.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6646|Westminster, Colorado
Thanks Zen.  I will try em out tonght.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Dude why do you feel the need to bash someone for doing peeps a service? Possibly making the BF2 experiance better for them? Nice way to jump right into the forum there Kiddo.

Grow up kid.

I appreciate the files thanks.
He is noobmurder, banned several times from this forum, making his new debut apparently.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6694|New York
Guess so. Thanks for the files Bro. Much appreciated.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6694|New York
BTW I Just replace the 2 files and leave the other originals in right?
daves-box
+15|6639
Good Work! I really like the BIG KILL MSG ONE!
ssulli
+17|6692|Raleigh, North Carolina
I changed my localization files too (few months ago.)  Points seem so much more rewarding when you see the +2, etc.  I've never seen the damage indicator though.  Thanks.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

BTW I Just replace the 2 files and leave the other originals in right?
Yes, but you will have no backup (of the 2 files) if you do that. E.g. if you want to go back to the old system you would have to grab the originals from here or a friend etc.

Better to copy the old 2 files to your desktop, and paste the new files in.

As for the other files, yes just leave them in there.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-04-05 16:14:01)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

ssulli wrote:

I changed my localization files too (few months ago.)  Points seem so much more rewarding when you see the +2, etc.  I've never seen the damage indicator though.  Thanks.
That damage is the base bullet damage, it is not how much damage you took to die. We don't have acess to those kinds of stats unfortunately It would be really cool if we did like in CS.

However if you get hosed by an smg with 19 damage, then yes you should hang your head in shame regardless.

I changed my files specifically because it does seem more rewarding when you see the points rolling in. Also team damage seems so much more painful now when you see it happening, because in the old format you would rarely notice the gray text.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6665|Australia
I d/l'ed some Localistaion files and use them.

It was just good for a chnage and sort makes things feel fresh.

Also i always liked to know how i was tked.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6667|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
very nice Zen,thanks for the file
bingobones
+6|6717|London, UK
for some reason i cannot download ur file...i have been doing some changes to m files recently but am having a problem with my last change....

how do i change my kill message to yours? (bigger and orange etc)?? any chance of copying and pasting it to me? or i can PM u my email?

thanx a lot

bingo
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany

bingobones wrote:

how do i change my kill message to yours? (bigger and orange etc)?? any chance of copying and pasting it to me? or i can PM u my email?

thanx a lot

bingo
I've got the big kill message too,I just love it.

Here's the code,the important part is the §3:

Code:

HUD_CHAT_YOUGOTAKILLSCORE     §3You §C1001killed§C1001 §3#PLAYERNAME#§3 (§C1001+2§C1001)
And leave those boxes in the code,they just don't show up here in my post!

If you got it right you'll get something like this: YOU KILLED SOMENOOB (+2)

Have fun with it!

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-04-06 09:43:41)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6698|Antarctica
I already have my own, but good work.  These things take some time.
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

bingobones wrote:

thanx a lot

bingo
I've got the big kill message too,I just love it.

Here's the code,the important part is the §3:

Code:

HUD_CHAT_YOUGOTAKILLSCORE     §3You §C1001killed§C1001 §3#PLAYERNAME#§3 (§C1001+2§C1001)
And leave those boxes in the code,they just don't show up here in my post!

If you got it right you'll get something like this: YOU KILLED SOMENOOB (+2)

Have fun with it!
How do you make it orange but not big?
PunkX
stoned
+198|6616|Canada
Nice.

I like the way mine are done, i've edited most of the radio messages to say like, 'enemy tank-whore spotted' when you spot a tank, and it always says like, "You gave ammo to a mofo" or "You healed a mofo" Most of my clan m8s have mine, so when we see it come up we all laugh, and the guests are like, 'wtf?' lol.

Wanna modify your own localization files? Click Here
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6705|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
what is that "D--" after the PKM, G36E, AK-101 etc?
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

[DEI]Bart wrote:

what is that "D--" after the PKM, G36E, AK-101 etc?
Damage a single shot does. AK101 D37 means 37 damage per bullet. That way you know how strong the gun was that finished you off.
[NTHW]LemonyBrainAid
Karma whore
+27|6614
Nice one - I have my own but I am willing to try yours out. Nice one +1 imaginary rep point
NoS
karma padder
+13|6619|UK
nice one, the big text is lame though. can't see anyone over the age of 10 actually thinking that shits cool, but then again...
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6738

NoS wrote:

nice one, the big text is lame though. can't see anyone over the age of 10 actually thinking that shits cool, but then again...
Thanks for the constructive criticism. My fellow ten year olds and I dearly apologize for wasting your time with this thread. I'm sure you don't need any of our advice on how to resize it back down. It was obviously my intent to allow no customization beyond my own.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS
Is there a way to edit the files to get rid of the big text?

EDIT: nm.

Last edited by Spark (2006-04-07 03:46:34)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard