.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6801|Marathon, Florida Keys
Ok i was playing on a server today and this guy came on, his name is johnnybutane, and i saw he had this weird rank

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5949 … 0321br.jpg

He is a first sergeant but not near first place on the leaderboards. 

1st sergeant is what you get at 150,000 if you have a certain amount of badges.

He has 24,000 points.

http://bf2s.com/player/johnnybutane/

Turns out hes demonstrating a new part of the patch. EA thought that most players would be in the 60,000's right now (yea not everyone who has this game is gonna spend that much time playing it in such a short period). Ea is fixing this by lowering the points to ranks enormusly........first sergeant is achived at 20,000 points, thats all he told us.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6801|Marathon, Florida Keys
This is exciting for me because i have a global score of 45,000. I will gain 4 ranks (staff sergeant,  gunnery sergeant, master sergeant, and first sergeant) instantly upon the release of the patch, and i will be able to unlock 3 guns (you dont get one at 1st sergeant). And i beleave sergeant major is at 50,000, and thats 5000 away from what i have, so im gonna be like done wit the game lol.

Getting unlocks and rank will be very easy now (if you play alot).

Im not 100% sure if any of this is true, he might be a hacker or something,  but im pretty convinced.

thx, Patton

( I had to divide this into 2 posts because it was to large for my comp to send )
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6799|Lake Constanze, Germany
Ok, first: plz use the edit feature next time....
Second:    WTF!!!???

Greetz,
Agent
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6839|-
Interesting.
SGTJones97E
+0|6827
anyone have the actual new lists for each rank?
r00fus
+2|6783
in my opinion, which im sure nobody really cares about, it is ridiculous to lower the ranks unless they plan on adding new ones at the same time.  As it is, the top people will have the top rank by end of the year or early next.  And its not going to even be "cool" to have a high rank because you can achieve that amount of points in a week.  If first sergeant is 20k then i could start a new account and have that in about ten days.  So what I'm saying is for those of us who play all the time, it kills the long term factor of the game so i have nothing to work for when i get sgt major at whatever ridiculously low number they made it.

Last edited by r00fus (2005-10-02 17:04:50)

Strayfire
Hooker
+0|6776|PA, USA
Either that guy's a hack/glitch, or EA is on crack.
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6778|Rockhampton Qld
Looking at this post, yes it would be nice to have a higher rank as i am only at  18,000 points. but that would put me close to sergent in this new structure, but i have worked bloody hard to get those 18000 points considering i only play fro about an hour or 2 now and again, lately i have been playing a bit more but due to my work load i cant play all the time.
my point is , if they lower the score for ranking yes it will be easier, but i have enjoyed the challenge to make sergent.
i would prefer them to fix the other bugs and points that need repairing like, point farming,commander points,getting points for blowing up auv/radar/and my personal favorite choppers full of engineers there should be a badge for that saying point farming killer .
mabe lower the really top ranks but i still think its fair from start to sergent.
if they lower ranks let them bring in officer ranks then.
thanx for listening.
larry
r00fus
+2|6783
thats what ive been saying, bring in officer ranks.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6787|Barrington, RI
If you look the player that the first post linked to has 260 hours of playing time yet has both the vetran assault combat and the vetran support combat badges which require 250 hours play time each, so they must have lowered the time requirements for the vetran and expert badges as well.

Last edited by sewermasta324 (2005-10-02 18:26:08)

r00fus
+2|6783
i guess they dont want this game to last very long
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6833|Missoula, MT
Let's just wait till tomorrow and see for ourselves.
The_Truth_16
+0|6780
WHHHHAAAAAA:s
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6829

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Let's just wait till tomorrow and see for ourselves.
Is that the official release date?  Looks like I'm going to have to find some high speed access here soon.
WildFire_1478
+0|6814
i reckon that they have lowered the currnent ranks in order to bring in more ranks on the upper end... like officers and general ranks. As for the assault and support veteran badges... i leave this to plain EA stupidity.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6824
HOLY CRAP! SWEET. I'm gonna be first sergeant!
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6835|Bryan/College Station, TX
See I don't know if this is true. Honestly the ranking system all though rather impossible to obtain some of the ranks is not all that bad. I can see lowering the requirements for ranking a little bit but 20k for 1st Seargent? That doesn't make too much sense.  I can see cutting the requiements by 25% for example. Maybe even 35%. But more than 50%. I don't know if this is a good move on EA's part if this is true. I understand the need for game advancement and how it makes people feel good but make it too easy to get and people will just not care too much anymore.

I have always agreed with the Fibonacci Number Sequence as a good way to go upwards in levels based upon number growth. Basically its the idea that the next number in the sequence is the sum of the two numbers before in the sequence. i.e. 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89...   As you can see 8+13=21.  21+34=55. etc. Now from the beginning that pretty low when we are looking at the scores on BF2 but get into the upper ranges and you get numbers like..   2584, 4181, 6765, 10946, 17711, 28657, 46368...  As you can see it gets harder and harder the higher you go. This gives you quick intial ranking and then you have to earn more as you go up. This makes sense in my eyes and shows that you have to try harder to get higher in rank. A good link to look at the sequence would be Here. Obviously you would round the numbers so they look cleaner. Sorry for all those not versed a math. Just being a roleplayer (RPG) for so many years sequences and ratios and probabilities come kind of natural to me now.

So hopefully they don't make it too easy and if they offer Officer ranks hopefully they are just as difficult to get as the higher enlisted ranks are now.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-10-02 19:38:40)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Donnyboy
+1|6777
I gotta say, I don't think lowering the points is such a horrible thing as long as they bring in more ranks. Once I make Sergeant it's a long way to Staff Sgt, and I'll probably burn out before I get it since I don't have endless hours to devote. Not to mention I have to hear about it from the wife after an all night BF2 binge.

Last edited by Donnyboy (2005-10-02 19:43:40)

-xDookiex-
+0|6773
EA is on crack, i've worked 250 hours or so for 65k and the rank of staff sarge, now these crappy noobs are gonna have high ranks and almost every unlock. There will be no point to unlocks cuz everyone will have them.  EA better add NEW ranks or they're gonna have a LOT of ppl quitting this game. I should sue EA for wasteing my time.
Home
Section.80
+447|6839|Seattle, Washington, USA

Yeah, they're really going to have to put in some new ranks. And some new unlocks.

@ CMDR_Dave: Is the release really tomorrow? If it is, then YESSSSSS! W00T!!

Last edited by Homeschtar (2005-10-02 20:03:56)

fizz85
+1|6781|Voice of reason
I think they are gonna add officer ranks. It only makes sense. You will probably earn a Battlefield commision and move up from 2LT to Gen. but that is my opinion.
POLSKA9000
+0|6773
I agree, I have no problem with the points necessary to go down, as long as they upgrade the ranking to include officer ranks.  You just wont be able to unlock new weapons.  If they actually do add the ranks it might even be more enjoyable.  In my opinion it sounds cooler to be a officer then some enlisted soldier.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6835|Bryan/College Station, TX
Master Sergeant - Score: 150000
First Sergeant - Score: 150000 PLUS
Awards: Basic Knife Combat Badge, Basic Pistol Combat Badge, Basic Assault Combat Badge, Basic Anti-tank Combat Badge, Basic Sniper Combat Badge, Basic Spec Ops Combat Badge, Basic Support Combat Badge, Basic Engineer Combat Badge, Basic Medic Combat Badge

Master Gunnery Sergeant - Score: 250000

Top 5 Players.
1 # 143,085 - BlaZiN.uk
2 # 141,761 - AraGoth
3 # 140,732 - >broggi<
4 # 137,476 - [TR]Dissb
5 # 133,580 - NASTIE_BUTLER

My point is this. Already there are some people who are close to Master/First Sergeant territory. This is only one rank below the current maximum. Obviously these people and the many people in the top 10 or 25 or 50 have more than enough time to do whatever they have to in order to get the ranks. Hence all this change in ranking would do is make us casual gamers (at least more casual than those in the top 25) feel better about ourselves. It gives us a little imaginary cookie.  But what it gives these stat padders in the top 5 is probably officer ranks. And don't even believe for one second they didn't stat pad in some way or form to get where they are. To believe anything less is to be naive to the point of idiocy.

So what are they promoting with a change in the ranking system? They are promoting imaginary cookies for those that aren't stat padders. Who actually have normal lives and play like normal gamers. Will it effect the way we play? Probably not at all. All it gives me is more unlocks, IF  it gives me more unlocks. It's very possible the keep the unlocks spread out so that we all keep exactly what we have as unlocks and don't get anymore. So don't be all giddy and joyful that you are going to get new unlocks because you could very well not get any.

I guess we will have to see for ourselves in the this new patch whever it comes out.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
r00fus
+2|6783

-xDookiex- wrote:

EA is on crack, i've worked 250 hours or so for 65k and the rank of staff sarge, now these crappy noobs are gonna have high ranks and almost every unlock. There will be no point to unlocks cuz everyone will have them.  EA better add NEW ranks or they're gonna have a LOT of ppl quitting this game. I should sue EA for wasteing my time.
AND I LOVE YOU
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard