RancidElf
+0|6621

Z-trooper wrote:

"Clean up in haxx-town"

If those -[C.E.A]- tards havent done what they did, BlaZiN and Volx might never have get chaught
But Blazin has not done anything.  This site is displaying his stats wrong do you not understand that?  I made a full post on the issue.

http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=44652121

have a look there you can see his stats are correct.  This site is just handling the data incorrectly and to accuse people of being cheats due to a bug in the script for this site is wrong.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

While i agree That theres many games out there that Have unlocks, (cod2 not being one of them in Multiplayer) I have to say, My Alliance has been running Game servers from Our Single server box for 6 years, We were the first clan to Mod MOHAA With No cross mods and sniper only mods, we distributed this mod to over 100 clans within the first week of the games release. We also run 2 CODUO servers that have been full for 2 years straight! 24/7. We run a CS.S server, A farcry server, and we rent one server out thats full 24/7. Now the BF2 server sits empty and we rent that box seprately. If you look at the # of prople actually playing, and the number of ranked servers running the same version, youll see that maybe only 3-400 servers were needed to keep the games FULL. Yet you see 3300 listed in the games browser. What a shame and WASTE of money, Because 3/4 of them sit EMPTY.

Im ALL for people who want to play the ranking system and Prove how Leet they are to other hardcore gamers, But Those same Leet epople with there shiny new weapons  Own the noobs trying to play by EA's silly rules, Just to get One stinking unlock to even things up.

Not everyone has the time to sit for 15 hours a day Playing this game to get there unlocks. Honestly, is that fair? As i said, EA promised the game would be 100% modder friendly, then they go and Shut down the ability for UNRANKED servers to unlock all the weapons. For the people who Play For FUN, Thats not cool. You all remember FUN dont you? Well Remember and cherrish it, because if this keeps up, Games will no longer be about fun, they will be even more cutthroat then they are now. With even Pissier attitudes of players to go along with it.

As for the haxors, We Just boot there asses to the street in our server. No questions asked.
well, as far as the number of ranked servers is concerned, I think those will reduce automatically. As you have said, no one likes paying for a server that is never being played on.

Since the reduction of rank requirements, no one has to play for 15 hours a day to get unlocks. With a normal amount of gaming ( let's say 5-10 hours per week ), any standard gamer can get a couple of unlocks in no time.

I don't know why everybody is mad at EA about the unlocks system. No one forced you to buy BF2. If you don't like the way it works, stop playing. The unlocks and the ranking system are a big reason why the game is so popular ( apart from the fact it remains one of the better FPS we have seen in the last years, unlocks or not ).
skuko
+5|6635
i don't know, don't mean to rant or anything, but there's something seriously wrong with stats/updating the stats on this site...i find that bf2player.com and bf2tracker.com display my stats correctly immediately after i exit game and check them....not here...here they aren't updated for a couple of hours as far as i can tell...no offense, just explaining...

well, on the topic...BlaZin.uk has legitimate stats, so all of you jealous dudes need to chill out...check this one out as well...

http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page … t=44652121
RancidElf
+0|6621
LET ME CLEAR THIS UP.

The original post is only going on fact based on data from this site.  This site is handling large numbers incorrectly.

Because of that none of the calculations are correct.

-[C.E.A]-*Sinkope 's actual total score in HEX is  0x34407590..this divided by 256 is 0x165E60

Because bf2s.com handles large fields incorrectly it WOULD show up as FFFF in hex BECAUSE THE DATA IS WRONG..

So stop assuming false information from the original post because it is all false information.

I know how he got such a high score it is a bug in teh game.  I will NOT post what this bug is because I would hate to see people use it.

check my own stats and you will see I also do not use it before you children accuse me of cheating...my id is
rancid_elf

Now please stop throwing false accusations around about innocent people like Blazin and get on with your own game.

The 2 top scores are not cheaters or hackers.  They have just taken advantage of a bug in the game to prove a point that EA allows problems to go unchanged.

NOW ADMIN...close this thread please before more people get accused of being cheats
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6725|New York
I don't know why everybody is mad at EA about the unlocks system. No one forced you to buy BF2. If you don't like the way it works, stop playing. The unlocks and the ranking system are a big reason why the game is so popular ( apart from the fact it remains one of the better FPS we have seen in the last years, unlocks or not ).

#1- No they didnt force me to buy it, But they sure as hell didnt say that you would have to play ungodly amounts of time to get ALL the weapons on the box. They also didnt say that you needed to rent a server from a Trusted partner to have a ranked server.The ranking system is nothing more than a flame starter for the Kids who sit for 15 hours a day in a chair (probably with a piss bag attached to em so they dont have to get up) To come and say and brag about how leet they are.

#2- I love the game, bought it because i like the series. Bought it because im sick of WW2 shooters that offer nothing more than run and gun play.

#3- Im pissed because yet again we were lied to about it being modder friendly, like i said we had 10 great maps made in 2 days by our members and now there crap because we cant run a server because the guys with unlocks want to use them. Its not much fun for the other members to get shot to pieces by better weapons while they have none and they are there to play for fun, not points or unlocks.

Harry

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-04-04 05:53:50)

B.Schuss

skuko wrote:

i don't know, don't mean to rant or anything, but there's something seriously wrong with stats/updating the stats on this site...i find that bf2player.com and bf2tracker.com display my stats correctly immediately after i exit game and check them....not here...here they aren't updated for a couple of hours as far as i can tell...no offense, just explaining...

well, on the topic...BlaZin.uk has legitimate stats, so all of you jealous dudes need to chill out...check this one out as well...

I assure you, there is nothing "wrong" with the stats updating on this site. We have implemented a 6 hour refresh rate for all stats in the database. This means that there has to be at least 6 six hours between updates.

This should change dramatically as soon as Chuy has finished coding for the new and improved bf2s.com.
This site has become so popular that the code in its current form is no longer sufficient.
RancidElf
+0|6621

B.Schuss wrote:

skuko wrote:

http://www.bf2player.com/index.php?page=stats&account=44652121
I assure you, there is nothing "wrong" with the stats updating on this site. We have implemented a 6 hour refresh rate for all stats in the database. This means that there has to be at least 6 six hours between updates.

This should change dramatically as soon as Chuy has finished coding for the new and improved bf2s.com.
This site has become so popular that the code in its current form is no longer sufficient.
BUT YOU DO need to get rid of the bugs in the script when handling large values in certain fields.

As I have pointed out in situations like medic kills....
skuko
+5|6635

B.Schuss wrote:

skuko wrote:

yo, thanx for the update...good to hear that improvements are on da way
B.Schuss

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

#1- No they didnt force me to buy it, But they sure as hell didnt say that you would have to play ungodly amounts of time to get ALL the weapons on the box. They also didnt say that you needed to rent a server from a Trusted partner to have a ranked server.The ranking system is nothing more than a flame starter for the Kids who sit for 15 hours a day in a chair (probably with a piss bag attached to em so they dont have to get up) To come and say and brag about how leet they are.

#2- I love the game, bought it because i like the series. Bought it because im sick of WW2 shooters that offer nothing more than run and gun play.

#3- Im pissed because yet again we were lied to about it being modder friendly, like i said we had 10 great maps made in 2 days by our members and now there crap because we cant run a server because the guys with unlocks want to use them. Its not much fun for the other members to get shot to pieces by better weapons while they have none and they are there to play for fun, not points or unlocks.

Harry
#1 - ungodly amounts of hours ? dunno what you are talking about. I have about 406 hours playing time in about 10 months, which boils down to less than 90 minutes gaming per day ( which is really nothing compared to the hours that most dedicated teenage gamers will spend in front of their PC's ). I have all but 2 unlocks.

It is natural for a ranking system to favor those who play a lot. It is EA's way to encourage consistant play and give some form of long-term-motivation. Of course, it is also a very successful marketing tool.
Nothing wrong with that. After all, EA ain't the salvation army.

Again, no one is forcing you to rent a server. As the ranking system is unique to BF2, EA had some say as far as GSP selection was concerned. Business decision. And if you can't rent a server yourself, there are lots of public ranked servers to play on.

#3 - as far the modder thingy is concerned, I really know nothing about modding in BF2. So EA won't allow global unlocks on unranked servers that want to run community maps ? Have you taken this issue to EA support ?

btw, I am not an EA employee or s.th. like it. I agree with a lot of the criticism EA has been faced with, but not all of it. It always amazes me how people who buy a product from a certain company suddenly start to think they have a say in the way the company operates.

As I have said before, it is not our game. We didn't make it. EA/Dice made it. We just get to play it.
B.Schuss

RancidElf wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

skuko wrote:

BUT YOU DO need to get rid of the bugs in the script when handling large values in certain fields.

As I have pointed out in situations like medic kills....
chuy is aware of that. I have no experience in programming, but my guess would be that during the initial coding for this site months ago, chuy wasn't really sure how the scores would develop. There also most likely was little time for beta-testing.
We know about this "bug" and I am certain it will be fixed with the new site.
Tempelridderen
+0|6756

Sophoz wrote:

More Info:

65535 is off
65535 is the maximum
65535 is assumed
65535 is used because no conversion will occur at the time of an
65535 is received
65535 is considered to be completely opaque
65535 is not possible in our environment
65535 is also used for fragmented packets
65535 is that kernel 2
65535 is the maximum"
65535 is used here
65535 is acceptable in this case because new database files are created based on the qlangid value of enu
65535 is a special rule
65535 is not less than 65535
65535 is also not decremented and will remain on until the timer is set to zero
65535 is the highest rwin you can use without windows scaling being turned on
65535 is a default entry
65535 is inverted
65535 is 1111 1111 1111 1111 in binary
65535 is displayed as white
65535 is not defined
65535 is available for user
65535 is the highest;; ``signed'' order
65535 is the maximum volume
65535 is not all that much slower on old cards and 256 color mode is actually slower on some of the new cards
65535 is not all that much slower on most video cards and is in fact faster on newer hardware
65535 is relatively rare and is commonly hostile in nature
65535 is the default rule
65535 is a number that many bios manufactures use to disable this feature if the value 'none' is not present
65535 is the highest score
65535 is supposed to be the 'nobody' user/group id
65535 is equal to 2^16 *1
65535 is valid
65535 is needed since the first rule isn't inclusive and you can't use 65536 as a bound
65535 is placed in the first column of output 8 and the remaining data in this row is set to zero
65535 is the highest total you can
65535 is required
65535 is basically the same as
65535 is the highest id
65535 is kind of like 0
65535 is too big for an integer
65535 is a very bad choice of uid and gid is that it casts to
65535 is a full circle
65535 is reached
65535 is
65535 is the maximum value of video
65535 is 16
65535 is flagdefects flag
65535 is equivalent to end
65535 is max
65535 is deze 0
65535 is roughly 2gb
65535 is returned
65535 is too large
65535 is the highest value that you can set your rwin to
65535 is included in the image header record
65535 is fully opaque
65535 is administratively predefined and cannot be modified
65535 is living there
65535 is the maximum delay
65535 is a number that the bios will accept to disable this feature
65535 is followed by 0
65535 is bright
65535 is white
65535 is a tight squeeze at best
65535 is 39320 while python says 39321
65535 is returned when
65535 is a special control port for programming the ds100/em100 from the network side
65535 is identical to ucs
65535 is a 16
I didn't get this part.. :p
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6870|"Frisco"

Rakasan wrote:

As a side note the max of 65,535 is the result of some sites using the wrong data type (in coding).  65,535 is the max of an unisigned short in some languages.  Long or some other data type should be used.
At the initial time of coding, I didn't forsee this future.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6676
I've got a theory, I hope it turns out to be wrong.  Someone talked about signed/unsigned numbers, this probably is a major component of the exploit but I'm not going into detail.  Don't even PM me.  I'm emailing it to Dice directly in the hope that if it isn't the problem then at least it may help eliminate one possibility from their investigation.  Glad to see some other people holding back on the gory details of their theories, I suggest they also email Dice so the ranked servers can be patched pronto.  Actually, (edit:...if I'm right...) it's not the most subtle hack in the world to spot, so I suppose letting a few more people getting themselves insta-perma-banned wouldn't be the end of the world.  Suprised we haven't seen the whole top 10 replaced by now!

Also, stop blazin bashing without checking the facts, punks.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-04-04 08:49:44)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6870|"Frisco"

So, i'm going to close this thread -- here's the low of it:

1) The CEA guys are "hacking" or whatever you want to call it. They found a glitch and exploited it. EA/DICE will figure out what it is, plug it, ban them, and we'll all move on.

2) NONE of the top 10 guys are stat padding / glitching. Come on.

3) Blazin's "coincidence" number is just that: coincidence. His current revives are 65,553 WHICH IS NOT the cap I had set on the current site of a smallint(65,535). Look closely, those aren't the same numbers. Here, let me help:

65,553 (blazin)
65,535 (smallint)

The new db system handles large number (up to 16 million point now) for most items. I hope it's a while before that becomes too small. You can blazins noncapped stats at gibson: http://gibson.bf2s.com/player/44652121/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard