pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
God was that ever a bitch... Though I have this weird view on car problems.... Its WAY more of a relief to me to just know what's wrong and start working. It's REALLY stressful to me to have no idea what's wrong and sit and stare and think about it. The heater core was an obvious issue and I just had to jump in and do it. I have no fucking clue what's going on with my bike.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Insurance renewal comes, devalue my car by almost 4k, put up premium by $200...

Ummm wtf?

Oh but they'll throw in a $40 no claim deduction. YAY!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
They put mine up every year, every year I phone up and negotiate it back down.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

DrunkFace wrote:

Insurance renewal comes, devalue my car by almost 4k, put up premium by $200...

Ummm wtf?

Oh but they'll throw in a $40 no claim deduction. YAY!!
thanks obama
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Well, rang them up was able to get $160 off. Now only $25 more then last year. Still car is valued $3600 less (or 34% less).

Fuck Insurance. As bad as lawyers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

DrunkFace wrote:

Well, rang them up was able to get $160 off. Now only $25 more then last year. Still car is valued $3600 less (or 34% less).

Fuck Insurance. As bad as lawyers.
i would put the hierarchy as -> financial institutions -> insurance -> lawyers
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
financial institutions > cable/internet providers > insurance > lawyers

edito: and if we ever hit the non-neutral net, ISP's will shoot way above financial institutions

Last edited by pirana6 (2014-09-19 12:09:15)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Cable and internet providers don't deny people heart transplants. Call of duty doesn't matter in life.

While we are on the subject, 18mbs good?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Cable and internet providers don't deny people heart transplants. Call of duty doesn't matter in life.

While we are on the subject, 18mbs good?
lack of internet communication can be a serious detriment to people's lives since everything's so interconnected these days. have fun trying to run a business without internet.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Hahahaha.  Because everyone is trying to run a business.  Get out of here dude
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

What small towns don't have business'? Internet makes everyones lives much much much easier and getting access to the digital economy helps people quite a bit, that's why there's a push for a national broadband network here in aus that got killed by the current gov.

Go off the net for a whole year ken, no internet. No emails, no facebook, no amazon, no netflix nothing. try doing that for a whole year.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
People also buy stuff, hence businesses.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
aaaand now the PS pump.

It's almost comedic how my car is falling apart.

To ridiculously justify my shitty car-life, I'm saying to myself that since I bought a car with 158k for only $3k, I'm now am learning just how important it is to change fluids and keep on top of maintenance so when I buy a $20k-$60k car I will take care of it correctly.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Cybargs wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

What small towns don't have business'? Internet makes everyones lives much much much easier and getting access to the digital economy helps people quite a bit, that's why there's a push for a national broadband network here in aus that got killed by the current gov.

Go off the net for a whole year ken, no internet. No emails, no facebook, no amazon, no netflix nothing. try doing that for a whole year.
i don't have a facebook.  I probably use amazon once a month at most.  No netflix either.  I don't rely on the internet nearly as much as you seem to think.  The biggest detriment would obviously be in my workplace and video games.

I am aware the internet is a godsend and a convenience.  Using the argument "you can't run a business without the internet" as a backup to the importance of ISP and cable providers is dumb.  I wouldn't expect either of you to make that connection though.

I fell asleep after a long day of work as I pulled up to the gate to my place. I hit the bollard that blocks the keycode entry stand and busted the little plastic protection shield for the wheel well.  Sighhhhh
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

The biggest detriment would obviously be in my workplace and video games.
Have no internet for an entire year then.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

https://i.imgur.com/TDfjsq9.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
I don't understand why.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
The original caption was "Which would you rather take?"
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Which makes perfect sense, the 'new' one is stupid.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Apparently I drive a cheater

Dear ŠKODA customer,

We regret to inform you that the Type EA 189 engine built into your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification you submitted, is affected by software that may cause discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs. Your car is safe from a technical standpoint and roadworthy.

We are very sorry to have broken your trust and are working at full speed to find a technical solution. ŠKODA will cover the cost relating directly to this repair.

We will be in touch with you directly to explain what steps are required. We'll do any necessary rectification work at our cost.

Yours faithfully,

ŠKODA.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6686|Riva, MD
My mom drives a 2015 Jetta TDI too

From this article, it looks like the fixes will vary based on what year the car is:

325,000 VWs have a first-generation 2.0-liter diesel, code-named EA189. To make them compliant with emissions requires both software and hardware repairs. That might mean the addition of a urea injection (AdBlue) system.
90,000 VWs have a second-generation diesel engine.
67,000 VWs, 2015 models, have a third-generation diesel. It runs cleaner and may need only a software fix.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
VW and VAG is so fucked. They didn't make those software changes because they felt like it. They made them so their cars would run without tripping alarms. They took a shortcut to engineering them within standards. Now they have to convert them back to how they should have been OR add additives that will fuck up the injection/fuel system thousands of miles faster than they would have naturally.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Now Mercedes, Volvo, Nissan and i dunno what other factories have been reported to have waaay too high readings and consumption than what they promise. How surprising....
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

this recent news actually makes me feel better about life

whenever I hear people talk about the huge mpg they get in their car I feel like a right dickhead for only getting 10mpg/200 miles a tank

now I'll just imagine everyone gets something more like 20mpg and pretend it's normal
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

you're still a right dickhead though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard