VIPERtwosix
+2|6688|LGCA
so one doesn't need to keep on switching various cds in order to play games?  I'm not lazy, I've been wondering this for awhile.  Say, can I put BF2 info on my harddrive, as well as F.E.A.R., almost like Direct2Drive games?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6810|AUS, Canberra
sure can, try nero or alchahol 120% and many others, they set up virtual drives on your machine and you mount the disc image on them.

there are plenty more too, i have neve done it so dont know much about it sorry.

Last edited by the_heart_attack (2006-02-27 00:37:31)

Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6719|Adelaide, Australia
Alcohol 120% is the best utility for making the game images, it will "copy the copy protection" for you most of the time. It does depend somewhat on your brand of DVD drive however. Plextor, Pioneer or Liteon drives all seem to do OK.

Daemon Tools is the best CD/DVD emulator in my opinion. Simple and sleek. Load up your newly created image file into a virtual drive, then install/play/whatever just like you had the real disk in the drive. Reading the data from the hard disk is multiple times faster than reading a real DVD, which makes re-installs and loading times just that little bit faster.

My Battlefield 2 DVD has only been out of the box once, many months ago...
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6695|Brisbane, Australia

How would one use nero to set up virtual drives?
Also, can these be removed easily?
1mmort4L
+2|6686
asbad
+19|6761|Ireland
People have done this with bf2, but apparently if its not done properly you can get your account banned so be careful
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6795
I have been doing this for years, and have done this since Day 1 of getting BF2, no problem with my account.

Look up "mini Images"  That is what you will need.  Basicly, to copy a CD to a hard drive you would need to make a disk image.  All the files from the CD contained in a file that Daemon tools or Alcohol can read and mount as a CD drive. For a mini image, you have the same thing, yet all the files that are not used to verify the CD (copy protection info) is taken off, and only the file name is left.  Since you do not not need that to play the game.

I would list a site to download a mini image from, but I do not know if that would violate forum rules.  Most forums would be upset about my intended link.  Thus my coment of look it up
mpec82
+-1|6761
www.gamecopyworld.com download bf2miniimage and mount it with daemon tools, IT IS LEGAL
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6795
That is the link I was not going to post
PvtchieF73
+15|6749|Netherlands
it is very easy to use alcohol120%, just burn an image and create image drive...
i used it for years, and NO this is NOT illegal! anyway no-one notices it!
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6881|Cologne, Germany

guys, please. If you need to spread news about such issues, do it via PM's. Legal or not, this is not the appropriate place.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6732|England
so downloadinh it if you already have that game is not illegal? sweet
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6666|Sea to globally-cooled sea
can you use Gamedrive?  I have gamedrive, but I heard that I can be banned so I'm afraid to try it.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6737
http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

Which one do i download if i don't have the CD with me (taken away) and odn't know the CD key (but its already installed)
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6570|Boston, MA
I <3 No_CD cracks.
Brasso
+1,549|6670

Daemon Tools can do that.  I only use it for torrented games though. 
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
twiistaaa
+87|6708|mexico
you are lazy, you only made the deliberate effort to call yourself one, twice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard