Poll

Should Jets be removed from BF2, replacing them with Helos?

Yes, improve the armor of Helos & increase variety6%6% - 6
Yes, leave the armor of Helos as is & increase variety17%17% - 17
No, leave it as is76%76% - 76
Total: 99
ECH
+50|6679|Some where near you
Interested in seeing your opinion as I have read a few post regarding this issue on other forums and appears to be a heated topic.  The reason is that Fighter Pilots always out score infantry and rack up points faster and more often then the grunts which is believed to be unbalanced and unfair.

That is the debate...ready....fight!! or should I say flame....I hope not...
chitlin
Banned
+36|6798
they need to add more things not remove things
ECH
+50|6679|Some where near you
Understood, what do you have in mind?

Last edited by ECH (2006-02-20 20:09:32)

Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6697|Ontario, Canada
chicks!
BeefnCheez
+0|6781
Enemy Stupid Idea Spotted
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6869
This is the most rediculous "debate" I have ever seen!
Battlefield has always been about all aspects of the *battlefield, THAT INCLUDES JETS! If you want something that is just infantry and helos, play something else.

Oh WAH! Planes make more points than me! But rather than learning to fly, I'm gonna complain about it! If you want points, go medic whore on karkand.

*Edited:
Removed "game" and added "battlefield"

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-02-20 20:17:39)

*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6842|The planet Tophet
decals on the planes
and more catapults for cows and stuff to launch at planes
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6797

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Battlefield has always been about all aspects of the game, THAT INCLUDES JETS! If you want something that is just infantry and helos, play something else.

Oh WAH! Planes make more points than me! But rather than learning to fly, I'm gonna complain about it! If you want points, go medic whore on karkand.
While I do think jets should have their own maps like a booster pack or something, I beleive they should have had A-10's and Harriers in order to provide some close air support instead of random bombing runs and dogfights.
Rizen_Ji
+41|6771|200m out and smiling at you.
i still say the best thing would be is a pilot who team plays and is in a squad and coordinates with the squad leader and the leader can call the pilot in for bombing runs, like calling in an air strike.
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6876
the battlefield series in the first place is different from other FPS since they include all sorts of vehicles.. helos,planes,tanks,jeeps, +infantry battles.. removin jets from the equation would make battlefield well.. not battlefield anymore..
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6869

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

the battlefield series in the first place is different from other FPS since they include all sorts of vehicles.. helos,planes,tanks,jeeps, +infantry battles.. removin jets from the equation would make battlefield well.. not battlefield anymore..
Exactly!
MooseRyder
+37|6691|Montréal, Canada
lol if u hate planes go play Special forces...
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6762
I would love to see more helos like the littlebird from DC.
theCrusifix
+4|6700|Marshall, IL
i think the votes speak clearly enough
FSFGrimes
+1|6777
I'm torn.

On one hand you have a nice little teamwork that gets use in the "bombers" making a pilot and co-pilot work together to rack up the points. On the other F-15s shouldn't drop bombs. You can't outright remove jets from the game, they were in BF1942 and Nam so it is consistant that the game has them. From playing Joint Operations I know that the game could easily function without jet aircraft. Most of the maps would be fine without jets, just add a transport chopper or two and everything would be fine. Probably would have to add an extra mobil AA but thats fine by me.  Only the really large maps can use jets to where they make sense. Zatar, Kubra Dam, Clean Sweep, and Fushi pass are all that come to mind where jets would be really valuable to have. Make them like the B17 from 1942, it was in only a handful of maps and people were sure to use it.

So how does the current model operate without being considered CAS. I donno about you, but when I'm flying I fly a CAS style. I look for targets of opportunity and I take out that tank that might be threatening the CP. So what would an A-10 or Su-25 do differently than what I do now in my Mig-29?

The answer. TRUE sorties. Make it required to land to resupply. Get rid of this stalling at 300 crap. But at least make it a challange to land so less people want to fly.  Whatever happened to a Spec Ops guy pointing a laser and a jet drops the bomb for the kill? I would have LOVED that. And it would just be like the artillary was in 1942. Give the A-10/Su -25 a handful of weapons so while its out there its deadly as hell but has at least a min and a half "rearm time". Think of it like this, the A-10 goes into battle with lets call it 4 laser guided weapons. 4 dumb bombs, 2 cluster bombs and 2 Aim 9 Sidewinders for self defense purposes. Not to mention it has a nice little cannon onboard. The Su-25 would have a rather similar package.

I know its more of a dream than anything else, but if they would have realized you can't have the same style maps as 1942 and just turn it into modern weaponry.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6797

I really just do not understand the facination with flying jets in a game that is setup for close infantry battles.  If you like flying them, fine, I just don't get it.  I am a commercial pilot and I do not even want to use them in this game simply because I did not buy it for that purpose. I don't even see the purpose of jets in this game, or why I see 4 or 5 people standing around waiting for one.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6757|Sydney, Australia

usmarine2005 wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Battlefield has always been about all aspects of the game, THAT INCLUDES JETS! If you want something that is just infantry and helos, play something else.

While I do think jets should have their own maps like a booster pack or something, I beleive they should have had A-10's and Harriers in order to provide some close air support instead of random bombing runs and dogfights.
The Armoured fury expansion will have A10's.
1SFG-Hawk
+0|6721
and su-25's
ComradeWho
+50|6730|Southern California
lol
people just dont appreciate the beauty and complexity of this game

we should have a mandatory iq check before you can play online

some people won't rest until everyone has the same gun at the same rate of fire and everything is equally killable by all classes at all times at any range, and any exemplary show of skill is derrided and mocked as whoring.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6766|Uhh... erm...
I think we should have neutral vehicles and neutral flak cannons scattered throughout city maps that won't respawn after being destroyed.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6869
I want a three team map.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6736

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I want a three team map.
Now that would be fun.
General_CoLin_Tassi
+-2|6736|England, UK
LOL. Go play CS or Quake 4.
CC-Marley
+407|6864

BeefnCheez wrote:

Enemy Stupid Idea Spotted
lol
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6732|Germany
Yeah,and while were at it,remove the PKM and give the support a super soaker filled with soapy water so he can blind the enemy,the assault class gets a boxing-glove-launcher which knocks out people,let's bring back bunnyhopping,but more extreme,like Kangaroohopping,so we can jump from roof to roof on Karkand....

And I don't like those helmets,they look so brutal,why don't give them funny party hats instead?

"The stupid idea is in control,we're losing this battle..."

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-02-21 08:21:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard