-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5508|Ventura, California

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Your article has no mention whatsoever about assault rifles, which is the thing that has been brought up here numerous times. Your answer to that is "because it's fun and in the constitution and TYRANNY so FUCK YOU".

You fail to comprehend the discussion at hand. No one is saying "ban all guns" like you are passionately proclaiming. The question is: at what point does gun ownership become superfluous, ie. why do you need an assault rifle?
Why should it be superfluous? Imagine something you don't consider a problem, it can be anything at all; now imagine somebody wants to make it harder for you to get/eventually ban you from owning said thing. How would you react? I am pissed off because IIRC it is illegal to purchase an assault rifle in California. So yes, they are being banned even if you aren't saying they are.
nope, you're wrong.  So no, they aren't banned.  They are *GASP* regulated though - 10 round mag, bullet button to release the mag from the gun.  Hardly tyranny-inducing regulations
Ken, please tell me why my "Assault weapons" need to be regulated.

It is illegal to purchase an assault weapon in California unless you are law enforcement so yes they are banned.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6693|BC, Canada
TBH thats a troll argument cl4u53w1t2

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2013-01-29 11:16:05)

cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6507|Kakanien

-Whiteroom- wrote:

i beg to differ
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

rdx-fx wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Yeah and then they say I'm a hypocrite because I am pro-life but I am all for the death sentence. It works both ways.

You guys twist everything I say. I never said rape is good, I NEVER said that. You guys are implying I said that. Rape sucks, it's one of the worst things that can happen to a person. There's no denying that. That is no excuse for killing a baby growing in a mother's womb.
You know what is worse than rape?

Having a part of that rapist growing inside you.
Having a rapist's whim dictate the course of your remaining life.

I've been the friend, backup, and shoulder to cry on for more than a couple rape victims.
The revulsion and violation those women feel cannot be adequately conveyed in words.

Did each of your friends feel that way? I know it sucks, and it just goes to prove the idiots saying if it was legitimate rape the body wouldn't allow that are absolute assholes. What do you think though of the rights of the child growing inside? I'm genuinely curious.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6693|BC, Canada

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

i beg to differ
Ok, I'll humor you, (keeping in mind that I think a woman should be able to abort, within reason.). Why is the baby better off dead.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6257|Escea

-Sh1fty- wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Why should it be superfluous? Imagine something you don't consider a problem, it can be anything at all; now imagine somebody wants to make it harder for you to get/eventually ban you from owning said thing. How would you react? I am pissed off because IIRC it is illegal to purchase an assault rifle in California. So yes, they are being banned even if you aren't saying they are.
nope, you're wrong.  So no, they aren't banned.  They are *GASP* regulated though - 10 round mag, bullet button to release the mag from the gun.  Hardly tyranny-inducing regulations

It is illegal to purchase an assault weapon in California unless you are law enforcement so yes they are banned.
Do you specifically need a weapon falling into an assault category to defend yourself? The right you have was written at a time when people defended themsleves with single shot, muzzle loaded weapons. I think a semi-auto handgun restricted to 10 rounds is more than enough to defend yourself with. As for facing off with the government, never gonna happen. Last I saw there were something like 80,000 members of a so-called militia. Most will be fat, beer-belly types who with their light rifles will last maybe ten seconds against any trained military force.

An armed revolution is never going to happen, hence outside of a target range, no need for a civilian to be packing a rifle that with a few tweaks can be fully automatic, equipped with optics to improve accuracy over range or operation at night, a can to knock the report down quite a way, and AP ammunition.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6507|Kakanien

-Whiteroom- wrote:

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

i beg to differ
Ok, I'll humor you, (keeping in mind that I think a woman should be able to abort, within reason.). Why is the baby better off dead.
that should be pretty clear. how good will your life be when you know that you only exist because some drunk lowlife raped your mother...?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5620

What if it was your mother who raped a drunk lowlife?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

-Sh1fty- wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's not illegal to purchase an AR in California.  I've been doing research on it for the last 6 months.  As I've mentioned, I think I've settled on an S&W M&P 15-22 Sport. Here's something very close (notice the "California Compliant" designation - meaning it is in accordance with CA law, meaning it can be....purchased in California).  Do a research, n00b.

Your weapons (including 'assault weapons' and pistols) need to be regulated because limiting the magazine capacity and impacting the reload time through the use of bullet buttons does little to inconvenience the average gun owner but means a lot in a prospective mass shooting.  Affecting the reload times and magazine count means I have to spend a little more time at the shooting range reloading my weapon.  Boo hoo.  It potentially could mean that instead of sociopath #1 firing 60 rounds into a crowded stadium in 20 seconds, he fires 10 rounds into a crowded stadium in 20 seconds.  Yes, it doesn't stop the crime from happening, but it severely limits the capability of a mass shooter to inflict damage, while causing the average shooter such a minimal inconvenience that to oppose it is just being absolutely hard-headed and a bit ridiculous in my opinion.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6693|BC, Canada
It may be a dark spot, but not worth living over? Really? Somebody I never met did something terrible, so I'm better off dead. That really doesn't make sense.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6750

M.O.A.B wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Do you specifically need a weapon falling into an assault category to defend yourself? The right you have was written at a time when people defended themsleves with single shot, muzzle loaded weapons. I think a semi-auto handgun restricted to 10 rounds is more than enough to defend yourself with. As for facing off with the government, never gonna happen. Last I saw there were something like 80,000 members of a so-called militia. Most will be fat, beer-belly types who with their light rifles will last maybe ten seconds against any trained military force.

An armed revolution is never going to happen, hence outside of a target range, no need for a civilian to be packing a rifle that with a few tweaks can be fully automatic, equipped with optics to improve accuracy over range or operation at night, a can to knock the report down quite a way, and AP ammunition.
what if you need to defend yourself from mexican cartels yo, they got some massive firepower.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

second request - talk about abortion in ee chats or the numerous abortion threads.  This here's for guns
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6507|Kakanien

-Whiteroom- wrote:

It may be a dark spot, but not worth living over? Really? Somebody I never met did something terrible, so I'm better off dead. That really doesn't make sense.
you're that person's spawn
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6033|Vortex Ring State

M.O.A.B wrote:

I don't think AP ammunition is necessary, but suppressors and optics have their legitimate uses in hunting, etc.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6693|BC, Canada
And this means what? You commited the rape?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6750

Trotskygrad wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

I don't think AP ammunition is necessary, but suppressors and optics have their legitimate uses in hunting, etc.
nobody needs to shoot past 300 metres. I mean most shootings happen with rifles that have optics, 30 round mags and surpressors with full auto capability.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6033|Vortex Ring State

Cybargs wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

nobody needs to shoot past 300 metres. I mean most shootings happen with rifles that have optics, 30 round mags and surpressors with full auto capability.
dat sarcasm.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

M.O.A.B wrote:

I don't think the future-Americans in the colonial states expected to go to war with the British just as you feel today. That doesn't mean I am paranoid and expect to go to war with my government; I'm just pointing it out so you understand. The civilians had the equivalent to what the military had at the time; everybody had muskets. The colonials didn't have cannons until they seized them from the British.

I think the US citizens would have a chance today as they did back then. Why? Because I don't know a single person in the US military that would raise up arms against the US people. The military general supports freedom of the US not tyranny.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6750

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I think the US citizens would have a chance today as they did back then. Why? Because I don't know a single person in the US military that would raise up arms against the US people. The military general supports freedom of the US not tyranny.
tell that to the people who were shot by the national guard. they were shooting college kids and black people like its cool
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Cybargs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

tell that to the people who were shot by the national guard. they were shooting college kids and black people like its cool
Do you ever pay attention to context? Obviously the military would protect our people from crazies like the situation you explained. I'm talking about an armed overthrow of the government. The people trying to do so would not be shooting at college kids and black people like it's cool. Hell they might not even have to fire a shot but just having the weapons can be a deterrent.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6187|what

Armed overthrow of the government?

Do people really believe this would happen in America, seriously?

It's paranoia.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6750

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Obviously the military would protect our people from crazies like the situation you explained.
yeah those crazy college kids with their flowers really put up a challenge against the national guard! they had those crazy flower power shit, force was justified!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6750

AussieReaper wrote:

Armed overthrow of the government?
Only if it's good for the proletariat! Down with the bourgeois!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Cybargs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Obviously the military would protect our people from crazies like the situation you explained.
yeah those crazy college kids with their flowers really put up a challenge against the national guard! they had those crazy flower power shit, force was justified!
No, I said the military would stand up for the people who need protection. I did not say they would fire on innocent college students.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6666|949

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

No, I said the military would stand up for the people who need protection. I did not say they would fire on innocent college students.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

where was ze military?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard