Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3995|SL,UT

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I have a job interview tomorrow with a financial services firm. I am so nervous I want to die.
Good luck in your career.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3754
lol Thanks burnzz. Can I use you as a character reference?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Steve-0
+214|3995|SL,UT

SuperJail Warden wrote:

lol Thanks burnzz. Can I use you as a character reference?
yes. i am a character, and i'm reasonably sure you can reference me.

if you do though you'll fail the interview . . .
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6141|eXtreme to the maX
This right here is my whole fucking life

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+687|6326|Washington St.
thanks google

https://i.imgur.com/Wv9Yes1.jpg
Steve-0
+214|3995|SL,UT

My company bought me lunch today.
We ordered chinese, and i got a fortune cookie.
it said "You are soon going to change your present line of work."

what a coincidence!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3754
I don't think being Social security disability is a job. Have you done LSD yet?
Steve-0
+214|3995|SL,UT

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't think being Social security disability is a job. Have you done LSD yet?
have you ever worked, did actual work, besides thieving oxygen in your life? fuck off. and i mean that in the most respectful way - fuck off.

i quit my job today, i have a small window and a great deal to offer my next employer. i will not travel anymore but will train my replacement. it is quite satisfying reaching this stage in my career, but also disconcerting receiving a letter from AARP.

don't grow old, you stupid fucks - you are totally unprepared for the way the world will treat you . . .
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6720|United States of America
So I still don't hate my job, but I do wonder if any of these women actually have planned pregnancies. One got engaged pretty much the day after announcing she was going to have a little bastard running around. Another lady evidently just got pregnant right as she started the new job, and now another girl is preggers after getting married in October.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6752|Riva, MD
Same thing happened with a person who started right when I did, her OBGYN said because of some pituitary issue she was unable to get pregnant.  I guess her and her husband had celebratory sex when she got the job and then she found out a little bit later that she was pregnant with her first child
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6359|Graz, Austria

_j5689_ wrote:

Same thing happened with a person who started right when I did, her OBGYN said because of some pituitary issue she was unable to get pregnant.  I guess her and her husband had celebratory sex when she got the job and then she found out a little bit later that she was pregnant with her first child
Plot twist:
It's not her husband's celebratory child.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3754
Wives always forget to take the birth control. That is why you have to get a vasectomy in secret.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6359|Graz, Austria

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Wives always forget to take the birth control. That is why you have to get a vasectomy in secret.
Why in secret?
You'd miss out on all the carefreeness a vasectomy brings.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6752|Riva, MD
My supervisor and department head are nitpicking the shit out of everything I do it seems like, I'm so tired of it.  I just wanna show up, do my work, and go home, I don't want to hear another thing I'm doing slightly wrong every few days, I don't care and it's making me have anxiety attacks and feeling like I'm not doing anything right(depression has already been kicking my ass for the past few weeks).  The department head will also lie and pretend like the supervisor said something just so I don't get mad at her.  People in direct power are fuckin obnoxious
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6657|Little Bentcock
The bosses wife, who I guess is my boss but useless, tore shreds from me the other day because she didn't like her son's FB profile pic, and tried to get me to log into his account and change it.

The next few hours she was furious at me about absolutely anything. Like not being a mechanic.

That's why we employ a mechanic.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6751

Adams_BJ wrote:

The bosses wife, who I guess is my boss but useless, tore shreds from me the other day because she didn't like her son's FB profile pic, and tried to get me to log into his account and change it.

The next few hours she was furious at me about absolutely anything. Like not being a mechanic.

streets of wagga are tough yo.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6359|Graz, Austria

Cybargs wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

streets of wagga are tough yo.
This made me watch that kangaroo boxing video again.

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3754
Since we are all adults, we can discuss work stuff like adults. If you aren't interested just STFU and move on.

A co-worker (50) inherited some baseball cards sets that were worth ~$20 on eBay. He gave some away to everyone in the building.

He gave sets away to two young techs (21 and 22). One put it on his bench and the other in his cart. The boxes are getting dirty since they have sat there for 6 months. Everyone else in the building took theirs home.

Was it really ungrateful of them to not at least throw it in their trunks or under their beds? I am really annoyed about how disrespectful that is. Is their behavior a red flag regarding their personality?

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2015-06-11 07:29:27)

Pocshy2.0
+23|3406
Mac,

I'm glad you could write in such a reserved manner on a matter so odious.

Firstly, I think we need to really delve into the psychology of each of the two colleagues in question. When you're sucking them off, do they say 'eww' or 'ahh'? I feel if the later, you're not giving them the attention they need, directly leading to the neglect of the baseball cards.

No, really though, why not just ask them if they want them, and offer to take them off their hands?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+637|3754
That's a good idea regarding the cards. I know it is a silly thing to hold against someone but I take work and my work environment very seriously. I get along well with everyone and am great at my job but I have a Nazi sort of mindset when it comes to some things.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5393|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

That's a good idea regarding the cards. I know it is a silly thing to hold against someone but I take work and my work environment very seriously. I get along well with everyone and am great at my job but I have a Nazi sort of mindset when it comes to some things.
Everything.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6752|Riva, MD
They abruptly switched which weekend I work on because my department is overstaffed on my current weekend and overstaffed on the other and they just chose me to switch without asking me if I wanted to.  This is the weekend that's known for finishing extremely late already in addition to me already being the slowest in my department.

I feel like my manager only did this because she figured she could just work an angle on me by calling my uncle(in sales) to try to convince me if I said no so she just skipped the bullshit and went straight to making the choice without my input.  Fuck this job

They said at least I'd be able to switch back in late October once we have all the new people but I don't know if I even completely buy that.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2015-09-09 07:42:10)

Pocshy2.0
+23|3406
Does longer work hours = more pay?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6752|Riva, MD
Yeah if I already worked the full amount the rest of the week.  But I'd still rather leave early and take the pay cut than be there an extra 2 hours.  It's already from 6 PM-2:30 AM. and I usually crash hard halfway through my shift on Saturday shifts because I can't fall asleep till 12 PM after getting home from the previous Friday night shift at 8 PM

Full time night shift in general is pretty bad
Pocshy2.0
+23|3406
Hard on the body for sure. Seems like the best you can hope for is a switch-back in October. If not that, see how long you can last before packing it in.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard