Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
I remember going to fill up both the family cars when it was £0.70 a litre cause there was a strike on ಠ_ಠ
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5750|Roma
Diesel 1.75€ +
Petrol 1.82€ +
here....its crazy.
Worst thing is i have a petrol engine...

Last edited by aerodynamic (2012-03-08 11:44:22)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
Classic Jay
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

Finray wrote:

stop being a stereotypical american as usual, you don't need a pickup

the focus is a better idea of what you want. you want small, 1-1.6l engine, no more than 100k miles, and something that's fairly common. (common = cheaper repair parts)

and don't think because you're a "straight-a" student you're going to get cheap car insurance, you'll still get fucked. You're a teenage male, therefore you're an idiot driver (in the insurers eyes). this is why you want a small car. Smaller car = less potential speed = smaller accident = cheaper repairs = cheaper insurance quote

I don't know if you guys have the same insurance comparing websites we have, like www.comparethemarket.com, www.confused.com, www.gocompare.com, but they're where you want to go to get a general idea about prices. Also, ask your parents if you can get put on their policy. If they don't go for it, ask them to be put under your name, but on a seperate policy (it'll still be cheaper, but they won't get their no-claims wrecked if you stick your car into an orphanage).
Another moron speaks!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
but if you do get the pickup shifty you can attach a gun and be just like the terrorists in bf2
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
he's not really wrong on the small car thing jay

petrol (gas) is getting more expensive everywhere yes, so economy is becoming important. given that brad a) isn't a tradesman, and as far as i know not a mass murderer, he probably doesn't need a pickup. b) they don't look good, drive nicely or go easy on petrol. added, i doubt they insure well for a young driver

given 10k to spend on a vehicle in his situation, what would you have? a pickup which isn't really useful for him day to day, or easy on the wallet, or would you pick a hatchback which will a) look much nicer b) should be cheaper to run in all areas c) drive far far better (and contrary to popular european opinion, california does actually have windy roads. they even have roundabouts!) and be far more suitable for driving to 'dances' or down to the supermarket to perv on some girl he's never going to ask out
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Absolutely nothing wrong with a Ford Ranger. Total piece of shit that doesn't go past 65 mph and has a tiny 4 cylinder engine, but for a first car, you could do worse. If it snows where you are, you'll need to put bags of sand in the bed in the winter to prevent the ass end sliding out.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

petrol (gas) is getting more expensive everywhere yes, so economy is becoming important. given that brad a) isn't a tradesman, and as far as i know not a mass murderer, he probably doesn't need a pickup. b) they don't look good, drive nicely or go easy on petrol. added, i doubt they insure well for a young driver

given 10k to spend on a vehicle in his situation, what would you have? a pickup which isn't really useful for him day to day, or easy on the wallet, or would you pick a hatchback which will a) look much nicer b) should be cheaper to run in all areas c) drive far far better (and contrary to popular european opinion, california does actually have windy roads. they even have roundabouts!) and be far more suitable for driving to 'dances' or down to the supermarket to perv on some girl he's never going to ask out
Yes, Ford Rangers do go easy on the gas. They have tiny 4 cylinder engines and weigh next to nothing. The bed of the truck is thin sheet steel. They're also governed to go about 65 mph tops.

Aesthetics don't matter. I'm just really fucking tired of the Euros on this forum talking out of their ass and insisting that the way they do things in their own country is by default correct. No, he should not drive a fucking Citroen or whatever shitbox Finray has
-Frederick Bastiat
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6460|cuntshitlake

https://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15875819.jpg
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
Not really talking out of your ass when you're right bro.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

jord wrote:

You drive the cars you do because your government thinks you should. Should we have $10/gallon taxes too?
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Unless you work construction or have bikes or something you should go with 4 door.

Using a pickup just to drive around: ISHYGDDT
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Yes, Ford Rangers do go easy on the gas. They have tiny 4 cylinder engines and weigh next to nothing. The bed of the truck is thin sheet steel. They're also governed to go about 65 mph tops.

Aesthetics don't matter. I'm just really fucking tired of the Euros on this forum talking out of their ass and insisting that the way they do things in their own country is by default correct. No, he should not drive a fucking Citroen or whatever shitbox Finray has
they're 2.3l though yes? even on a 4-pot thats gonna be around 30mpg so says Ford, and producer estimates are always bullshit. weight i'm getting as around 2t and change, and they seat 3?

why would you pick that over a 1.6l focus which seats 5, will drive better and without a doubt looks nicer.

america does some vehicles very well - motorbikes, trucks, proper working pickups and so, but good practical cars for young drivers, not so much.

Last edited by FatherTed (2012-03-08 12:10:59)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

Jay wrote:

jord wrote:

You drive the cars you do because your government thinks you should. Should we have $10/gallon taxes too?
we drive whatever cars we want... i'm advocating a solid hatchback purely because it is a good car, i don't even drive anything remotely sensible for my age
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
old style focus doesnt look nice
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.

Jay wrote:

jord wrote:

It isn't about some nanny state government telling us what to do so don't start that. He isn't a tradesman, he doesn't need a pickup. Yes it might be light for a pickup and fuel efficient for a pick up, but he can just go ahead and get a small, economical hatchback that's easy as shit to drive for even the mongiest of first time drivers (which i assume he is) and make a logical choice for once in his life.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
now it doesn't sure, but it's like 11 years old lmao. the 2 gens since then look fantastic for the cost
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FatherTed wrote:

Jay wrote:

jord wrote:

we drive whatever cars we want... i'm advocating a solid hatchback purely because it is a good car, i don't even drive anything remotely sensible for my age
I hate hate hate hate hatchbacks

My first car was a Camaro and I've driven SUVs ever since.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6739|London

:p
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
dauntless what do you drive?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6739|London

my car!

xD
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Jay wrote:

I hate hate hate hate hatchbacks

My first car was a Camaro and I've driven SUVs ever since.
you havn't given them a chance. camaro at least is a car you have to think about driving, SUV's are just dumb (we had a freelander for a while). they're boring to sit in, boring to drive and boring to look at. you'd do well to borrow a hatchback and throw it through some bends sometime. if you're a bit worried about your penis shrinking by being in a <2l car, well we also do the Focus RS
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
xD
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

You have that M5 still right?
Macbeth
Banned