BF3S Forums Chilling last text sent by girl before crashing into a truck

HITNRUNXX
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+220|3272|Oklahoma City

Dauntless wrote:

well i wasn't referring to you specifically there but by the same token how is anything eleven b said the same thing as saying "let's have one long funeral and candlelight service"
I am only saying we can really mourn every death, and we would all be horribly depressed by even thinking about them all.


Meanwhile, and I totally admit what I am saying here is horrible, but if we just give her lots of attention and every gives her a moment of silence and move on, nothing really happens... But it would be much, much easier to make her into a complete and total moron, and then when other people get to the position of "Should I text and drive" they will have it imprinted on their brain that it is a stupid thing to do that only stupid people do.

Driving home from work today someone started texting me, and I thought about it that way. "Damn, I am not going to even look and see who that is from until I get to the next stop light, because I don't want to be the next idiot killing myself or someone else by doing something so stupid."
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+936|1741|Sydney
People always have the attitude of "it won't happen to me" so the whole making dead people "stupid for their death so others don't do the same" doesn't really wash with me.
War Man on his homeschooling - "Actually the worst kind of homeschooling compared to other homeschoolers."
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p3842429
HITNRUNXX
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+220|3272|Oklahoma City

eleven bravo wrote:

you seem pretty upset
No, to be honest you made me laugh, and in all honesty I am not disagreeing with you, just justifying my laugh it off reaction to myself. I have kids. I don't want to think about this happening to them. All my friends have kids. I don't want to think about that either. It is a horrible thing. So I choose not to think about it that way. Instead, it becomes a Tosh.0 video.
HITNRUNXX
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+220|3272|Oklahoma City

Jaekus wrote:

People always have the attitude of "it won't happen to me" so the whole making dead people "stupid for their death so others don't do the same" doesn't really wash with me.
It worked for the seatbelt campaign.

Don't be a dummy. Buckle up.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+936|1741|Sydney
I think seatbelts work more because at a young age we're constantly reminded to wear one and so it just becomes a habit/routine/feels weird not to do it.

People do have the attitude of "it won't happen to me". If they didn't then cigarettes would be really unpopular.
War Man on his homeschooling - "Actually the worst kind of homeschooling compared to other homeschoolers."
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p3842429
Macbeth
Banned
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+2,388|2148

BF2S Honors:
Sig Team

I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt the other day even though I was wearing a seatbelt.
HITNRUNXX
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+220|3272|Oklahoma City

Jaekus wrote:

I think seatbelts work more because at a young age we're constantly reminded to wear one and so it just becomes a habit/routine/feels weird not to do it.

People do have the attitude of "it won't happen to me". If they didn't then cigarettes would be really unpopular.
Everyone I know that smokes says "Yeah, It is killing me, and I need to quit, and I plan to... But I will probably eventually die from cancer."
HITNRUNXX
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+220|3272|Oklahoma City

Macbeth wrote:

I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt the other day even though I was wearing a seatbelt.
That really really sucks... How much?

(They are only $20 here)
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+936|1741|Sydney

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I think seatbelts work more because at a young age we're constantly reminded to wear one and so it just becomes a habit/routine/feels weird not to do it.

People do have the attitude of "it won't happen to me". If they didn't then cigarettes would be really unpopular.
Everyone I know that smokes says "Yeah, It is killing me, and I need to quit, and I plan to... But I will probably eventually die from cancer."
I smoked for ten years and everyone would joke about getting cancer, but no one truly thinks they will, or they think it is decades away.

If they were told that it is likely they will get cancer this year if they do not stop I bet many would quit on the spot.
War Man on his homeschooling - "Actually the worst kind of homeschooling compared to other homeschoolers."
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 9#p3842429
Macbeth
Banned
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+2,388|2148

BF2S Honors:
Sig Team

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt the other day even though I was wearing a seatbelt.
That really really sucks... How much?

(They are only $20 here)
$26.
HITNRUNXX
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+220|3272|Oklahoma City

Jaekus wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I think seatbelts work more because at a young age we're constantly reminded to wear one and so it just becomes a habit/routine/feels weird not to do it.

People do have the attitude of "it won't happen to me". If they didn't then cigarettes would be really unpopular.
Everyone I know that smokes says "Yeah, It is killing me, and I need to quit, and I plan to... But I will probably eventually die from cancer."
I smoked for ten years and everyone would joke about getting cancer, but no one truly thinks they will, or they think it is decades away.

If they were told that it is likely they will get cancer this year if they do not stop I bet many would quit on the spot.
That is a good point, and probably true... I think this is slightly different because it is more of an immediate thing. Boom, crash. Not a long illness they can probably cure me of anyway attitude, but I agree that people still probably have that attitude. Maybe more so with driving, because everyone thinks their skill plays the deciding factor, and they do it all the time, unlike illness that you can't be really good at dodging.
HITNRUNXX
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+220|3272|Oklahoma City
P.S. I will publicly say sorry to elven for the "moron" remark. I hate it when people name-call, so I apologize.
eleven bravo
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM
+1,397|1821|foggy bottom

Jaekus wrote:

People always have the attitude of "it won't happen to me" so the whole making dead people "stupid for their death so others don't do the same" doesn't really wash with me.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM
+1,397|1821|foggy bottom

HITNRUNXX wrote:

P.S. I will publicly say sorry to elven for the "moron" remark. I hate it when people name-call, so I apologize.
how bout you eat a fat veiny dick
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM
+1,397|1821|foggy bottom
i publicly apologize for my last remark
Tu Stultus Es
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
Offline No Email No PM No website
+1,861|3185|Little Bentcock
Fucking lol'd
http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/Adamsheartsig.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No Email No PM
+418|3244|Disaster Free Zone

Macbeth wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I got a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt the other day even though I was wearing a seatbelt.
That really really sucks... How much?

(They are only $20 here)
$26.
Jesus fucking christ. $26, why even bother. That's not a penalty.

Here it's minimum $265 plus 3 points (13 points for full licence) for just the driver unrestrained. And up to, 9 points and $1383 for the driver and $265 per passenger over 16 (for 4 or more passengers + driver unrestrained).
Macbeth
Banned
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+2,388|2148

BF2S Honors:
Sig Team

Land of the free
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No Email No PM
+418|3244|Disaster Free Zone
$26 isn't free, close. But not quite.
13rin
Member
Offline No Xfire No stats No stats No stats No Email No PM No website
+976|3041
Get a ticket written down eh' Mac?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2014 Jeff Minard