Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

We need one of these threads for miscellaneous questions without the need for a new thread every time. Correct answers only please.

My question: what the hell is "preppy polo"? My girlfriend said we're invited to some lounge bar next Wednesday and the dress theme is "preppy polo".

I've googled it and so far it just looks like a pastel coloured polo shirt with jeans or plaid shorts. But if I turn up and I've got the wrong idea as to what it is I'll look like a douche.

Anyone know for reals?
frat boy meets country club
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It doesn't literally mean a polo shirt you tards it means nice casual clothes, like what rich people wear on the weekends. Bermuda shorts and a polo or buttondown.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

this thread is so dumb holy shit
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I have some questions, perhaps better suited to DS&T:

Are Usa/Nato going to go into Syria?  No that journalist +1 other has been killed.  I watched BBC News at 6pm last night and saw her report from there.

Whats going to happen with Iran?  Are Israel going to nuke them in March?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
So the short answer is I can wear a douchey looking polo (collar down) with jeans and dress shoes?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
yes
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

So the short answer is I can wear a douchey looking polo (collar down) with jeans and dress shoes?
No jeans. Khakis.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

No jeans. Khakis.
yes this
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
no khakis, plaid shorts

Last edited by RTHKI (2012-02-22 06:33:25)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

RTHKI wrote:

no khakis, plaid shorts
That's acceptable too
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
I think the khakis aren't as bad as the plaid shorts *shudder*
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Nothing wrong with a pair of khakis. They're more comfortable than jeans.
-Frederick Bastiat
rdx-fx
+955|6589

Kmar wrote:

I'd be more concerned if people thought that this was the place for "real solutions" to relationship problems.
There have been honest bits of real knowledge and experience in that thread.
Which was, of course, patently ignored.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
I told you exactly what to wear. The Sperries are crucial.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
wtf are sperries?
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5481|Bolingbrook, Illinois
no idea, but if you wear them, i'm pretty sure it's overboard for a 'preppy polo' themed party
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

According to google it's a type of shoe.
https://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/04/16/6/1547/15472703/image_6.jpg
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
you people dress like old men
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5481|Bolingbrook, Illinois
nobody claimed to dress like that

try again
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT

Jaekus wrote:

wtf are sperries?
boat shoes

and all the preppy douchebags here at yale wear them. absolutely necessary if you want to be authentic.

also note that its best to have shorts that don't go past the knee. just google chino shorts and you'll see.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
your mums tits
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
gurdeep
­
+812|4752|proll­y

m3thod wrote:

your mums tits
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
sperries = docksiders
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD

nukchebi0 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

wtf are sperries?
boat shoes

and all the preppy douchebags here at yale wear them. absolutely necessary if you want to be authentic.

also note that its best to have shorts that don't go past the knee. just google chino shorts and you'll see.
the fratdaddies here love the sperries + chino shorts (of some wild color like salmon or green) + tucked-in shirt that contrasts with the shorts look
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard