_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Current card's EMV chip failed to read at several stores requiring its use. Figured it was bust and ordered a new one at the bank. While waiting for a new card to come in, I tried it again at another store. It worked.

Would be good enough as a FWP, but that's not all. It worked, but didn't even ask for a pin or signature before finalizing the transaction. How is this supposed to be more secure?
Which stores have you been to that are requiring it already?  I know all the EMV compliance stuff was due this month but I haven't seen any places pushing people to actually use EMV instead of the stripe.

Also glad to hear they don't always require a pin/signature, I wasn't looking forward to that.

I'd much rather just use Apple Pay everywhere but certain places like 7-11 are actively fighting it
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
one reeses listed as having 8g of sugar but one pack is listed as having 21g of sugar
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
I really want to play Fallout 4 but don't wanna pay $60 plus (at present) $30 for a DLC season pass.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout- … -key-steam

then dont get the season pass?

Last edited by RTHKI (2015-11-09 12:37:08)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
Would not feel safe installing a pirated game. The pirated version of GTA5 included malware that mined bitcoin.

Only pirated software I use is office. There is no excuse for office costing hundreds of dollars.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

_j5689_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Current card's EMV chip failed to read at several stores requiring its use. Figured it was bust and ordered a new one at the bank. While waiting for a new card to come in, I tried it again at another store. It worked.

Would be good enough as a FWP, but that's not all. It worked, but didn't even ask for a pin or signature before finalizing the transaction. How is this supposed to be more secure?
Which stores have you been to that are requiring it already?  I know all the EMV compliance stuff was due this month but I haven't seen any places pushing people to actually use EMV instead of the stripe.

Also glad to hear they don't always require a pin/signature, I wasn't looking forward to that.

I'd much rather just use Apple Pay everywhere but certain places like 7-11 are actively fighting it
Quite a few places actually. You go to swipe, it laughs in your face and tells you to shove your card up its tailpipe. I'm glad each one isn't demanding my signature, but it feels weird not at least having it randomly not ask for a pin. Makes me wonder what practical purpose there was at all to the switch. Makes me want to carry around more petty cash.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Would not feel safe installing a pirated game. The pirated version of GTA5 included malware that mined bitcoin.

Only pirated software I use is office. There is no excuse for office costing hundreds of dollars.
Did you tell that in your police application? Thief...
DesertFox-
I got FO4 for 20% with a voucher from greenmangaming, but by the time it's ready I'll have to get ready for working the next couple days and won't get to play it really until Thursday night.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

pinched a nerve in my back.  have been popping pills and binge watching TV shows.  Ran out of good ones to watch

MacB, I watched Show Me a Hero.  It was decidedly meh.  Very slow for a miniseries.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Ultrafunkula wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Did you tell that in your police application? Thief...
That might actually get him a small bit of street cred with other cops.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
In the polygraph test I have coming, one of the questions is whether I ever pirated anything. Obviously I never.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Polygraph tests are dumb. Just freak out a little bit on the control questions and you should be able to lie through anything else you want without it registering.
DesertFox-
I feel like if you know the questions, that also lessens the credibility of the test.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
yacht moorage bill this month

now that's a fwp. you poor "second world" problemers can shut it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719
can you get jay into your yacht club?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

pirana6 wrote:

yacht moorage bill this month

now that's a fwp. you poor "second world" problemers can shut it.
For next season? Or you don't pull in the winter out there?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
no i pay every other month
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I think we charged $35/month, but we pulled all the balls in November

Last edited by Jay (2015-11-10 14:54:08)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
mines $220 (per month) and it's one of the cheapest places in western washington. gotta pay to play
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

The ritual "you're welcome" response to "thank you" sometimes bugs me. Does anyone else feel a bit of awkward hesitation when a cashier says "thank you" and your first impulse is to say "you're welcome." What exactly does this entail? That we're committing to returning at a later date to exchange another wad of cash for a few sacks of groceries? Worst of all is the delayed-response guilt trip my etiquette brainwashing lays on me if I respond with a more rational "yup" before marching out the door with a bag of Mission chips and a tub of hummus.

I always feel happier responding with a "you too" to the increasingly more common (at least around here) "have a nice day." Just gotta maintain the presence of mind not to use it instead of "thanks" as a response to "enjoy your movie."
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.
i always say "sure" after "thank you". make it short and cheering with and upward inflection at the end like youre from down under, "sure!". otherwise you come off as a prick.

sure
MajorSpittle
+7|3091|Oregun
I just refinanced my mortgage 175k at 3.9%, 4% apr last month.  This month I go to credit union to open an account but credit score is too low.  My wife with no income is fine though.  Wtf?  I guess amx saw me refinance and got pissy cuz I ran up their card and gave them the finger when I heard they were too big to fail.  I guess I will have it out with them like I did citibank.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

the hard inquiry lowered your score.  Just wait a month or two
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

pirana6 wrote:

mines $220 (per month) and it's one of the cheapest places in western washington. gotta pay to play
That's crazy. It better have a 3000 lb anchor on it
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6291|Washington St.

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

That's crazy. It better have a 3000 lb anchor on it
26' long is why

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard