_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6706|Riva, MD
Getting sick of YouTube auto-playing my favorites list.  I never wanted playlisting in the first place, I wish we could just fucking disable it altogether.

I think the worst part about it is surprise ear rape from ads before the next video right after you just got done watching a quiet video.
avman633
+116|6353

_j5689_ wrote:

Getting sick of YouTube auto-playing my favorites list.  I never wanted playlisting in the first place, I wish we could just fucking disable it altogether.

I think the worst part about it is surprise ear rape from ads before the next video right after you just got done watching a quiet video.
Get an ad-blocker buddy ol pal
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6313|Graz, Austria

avman633 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Get an ad-blocker buddy ol pal
I'm always flabbergasted when I see YouTube (or an internet browser in general) on someone's machine with no ad blocker.

Incidentally, does anyone use AdBlock+ for Android?
How demanding is it on the resources?
Are there any other drawbacks or risks?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 11 on my rooted LG Optimus G (E975).
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6670|Disaster Free Zone
Really?

You do realise that if everyone, or even a majority of people used adblockers then youtube (and many other sites) would just not exist. Youtube relies on advertising money as do the content producers and neither get paid when the ads don't play. So as much as I love adblock I'm happy that 80%+ of people don't have it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3709
The people who live in the south should be embarrassed of their quality of life. I am driving to Florida. I can get 4G anywhere in New Jersey but once I entered North Carolina I haven't been able to get anything higher than 2G. Georgia and the Carolinas are complete dead zones.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Brasso
+1,549|6619

do you live in nice new jersey or shithole NJ
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CC-Marley
+407|6818
plenty o fish.....
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3709
You should get a gun and confront her.
CC-Marley
+407|6818
Works every time.
CC-Marley
+407|6818
There is always another better fish. Trust me. You'll see...
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6698|England. Stoke
Some Russian/Poles hacked my BF3/Origin account. They changed my account settings to Polish, played some BF3 before I noticed (not logged onto into in months). Then used some Candian guys paypal to buy a copy of FIFA 14 on my Origin this weekend, they hadn't hadn't changed my passwords or anything though so logged in changed passwords added the verification shit and contacted EA.
They refunded the paypal (whose ever's it was) and it's all sorted.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6726|Oxferd Ohire
EA. much nicer than Steam/Valve
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6706|Riva, MD

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The people who live in the south should be embarrassed of their quality of life. I am driving to Florida. I can get 4G anywhere in New Jersey but once I entered North Carolina I haven't been able to get anything higher than 2G. Georgia and the Carolinas are complete dead zones.
This goes for rural Pennsylvania in the Appalachians as well.  Most of the time it's either Edge or nothing at all, with a pinch of 3G scattered here and there, and 4G and LTE being nowhere to be found.

On day shift at work, I've even dropped to GPRS before due to the cell towers at BWI(half a mile from where I work) likely being overloaded, normally at night I have a constant 4G or LTE connection depending on how far into the building I am

coke wrote:

Some Russian/Poles hacked my BF3/Origin account. They changed my account settings to Polish, played some BF3 before I noticed (not logged onto into in months). Then used some Candian guys paypal to buy a copy of FIFA 14 on my Origin this weekend, they hadn't hadn't changed my passwords or anything though so logged in changed passwords added the verification shit and contacted EA.
They refunded the paypal (whose ever's it was) and it's all sorted.
Same exact thing happened to me, they were apparently playing my BF4 and adding weird people I'd never seen before to my friends list.  He successfully used my bank account to buy FIFA 14 with Rubles drawn from my American bank account and changed my real name to something like Timothy Greenfield, lol.  He tried to pre-order The Sims 4 but too much stuff didn't match in the billing info by that point so it didn't go through.  I couldn't even change the password cuz he apparently fucked with that too so I had to contact EA support to get it all straightened out and they even gave me a 15% discount coupon code for the trouble.

It really shouldn't have been that easy to get hacked in the first place though

Last edited by _j5689_ (2014-08-12 07:22:58)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6698|England. Stoke

_j5689_ wrote:

It really shouldn't have been that easy to get hacked in the first place though
Exactly.
Looking back I probably should have just changed my passwords and stuff (also added the thing where it texts me a code before I can access the account from an unknown device) and kept myself a copy of FIFA 14.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3709
Did they let you keep the FIFA?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6698|England. Stoke
No they refunded whoever's paypal account it was and it removed it from my account.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3709
Did they at least give you a coupon for all the trouble
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6698|England. Stoke
Nope. Should have asked for something but didn't think of it at the time.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6313|Graz, Austria

coke wrote:

and stuff (also added the thing where it texts me a code before I can access the account from an unknown device)
Apparently, EA implemented that 2-step verification completely clandestinely.
It just appeared hidden in Origin's settings, with no announcement.

When Valve added Steam Guard, they had it in their pop-up news for a week and made it mandatory for many things.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6706|Riva, MD
Steam Guard was supposed to be able to use the Intel Identity Protection Technology to authenticate the login too but they still haven't implemented it yet:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art … -IPAX-9398
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6726|Oxferd Ohire
steam was supposed to do a lot of things
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3709
metal gear solid v is coming to steam \o/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX
Well I'm buggered if I can get Titanfall to work with my router/modem.

DHCP, port forwarding, firewall port opening all done per spec but nada.

Works fine with the router/modem firewall off...
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Brasso
+1,549|6619

anyone have a PS4? add RuinTen.

i need a friend

Last edited by Brasso (2014-09-06 13:30:40)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6706|Riva, MD
Got caught by a State Trooper for doing 90 in a 65 last night on the way to work but he gave me the benefit of the doubt and only wrote 84 on the ticket so that I would only get 2 points and a $160 ticket instead of 4 points and $290.

Still probably gotta get myself to go to court so I can get the points dropped.

He also gave me some kind of little recruitment brochure for the State Troopers and I get the feeling they don't just give them out to everybody

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard