MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6801|EUR
Hello!

Im on a 3.2ghz cpu with 1gb of ram, and I own an Nvidia Geforce 6600gt 128mb - Im very proud of my card , I bought this card to make sure I could play the newest generations of games and I think its fair at the price I got bought it.

The problem is thoe I cant quite get the "perfect" settings with my card; the best blend of eye candy and playability. For example I set the settings at the medium default but I still get choppy gameplay. I want to see the game at atleast a decent quality, - (not textures which are made just from one colour) - but I want to keep the framerates atleast above 20+ .

Could someone give me the specific settings I should keep the game at?

eg.

Textures  - Medium
Lighting - low
Shadow - High

etc.

Thanks. (If someone can squeeze in AAx2 that would be super )
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6710|The Netherlands

MuseSeeker wrote:

Hello!
to make sure I could play the newest generations of games and I think its fair at the price I got bought it.

The problem is thoe I cant quite get the "perfect" settings with my card; the best blend of eye candy and playability.
Hehehe dont say it to loud

Btw the AA setting blows in bf2.... if played on all of then and it makes bf2 more loke like a freeking cartoon..

Go play quake 4 if u wanna enjoy AA

Last edited by bf2_zspyvin (2006-02-16 15:18:08)

FourStars
+1|6765|Australia
i have my settings all on high, runs fine for me, i have a 2.21 and 2 gig of ram
PHaze
+0|6742
i have the same card - 6600GT kicks ass    but battlefield programming sucks

i have my settings like all at medium but
shadows = low
dyn. light = off
AA = off
running at 1024x768

results : hardly 30+ fps , most time i'm lucky when i got 20-25.
on Warlord in the TV tower i cant move straight forward because the game chops around
i think its a common performance bug - which should be fixed in 1.2 , i cant say that.
d11fdj
+3|6775|Athens
Well i have 1gig ram, 2.66Ghz with Geforce 6600GT (AGP version)  and i  play most things on medium with effects and shadows on low.  AA off.  I get lag if i try and raise the settings

Although maybe it's my 512 ADSL line
Skinnister
+43|6751|UK

MuseSeeker wrote:

Hello!

Textures  - Medium
Lighting - low
Shadow - High
why put shodows on high and other shit on low, put lighting on med and shadow low..i got a 6600gt and i run fine
RAS_ace10
+12|6778
i have the same card and have 3.0 ghz, i gig ram.

i run all the settings on high apart from texture and lighting which are on medium, and AA on x4.

runs fine and never lags
Skinnister
+43|6751|UK

RAS_ace10 wrote:

i have the same card and have 3.0 ghz, i gig ram.

i run all the settings on high apart from texture and lighting which are on medium, and AA on x4.

runs fine and never lags
i got a amd 3000+ and 1.5 gig of ram i just put my card on 8x AA what ya recon is that good idea or not?
MuseSeeker
+110|6801|EUR

Skinnister wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

Hello!

Textures  - Medium
Lighting - low
Shadow - High
why put shodows on high and other shit on low, put lighting on med and shadow low..i got a 6600gt and i run fine
That was an example. You havent answered my Q either.
Tamashiwana
+0|6670
Hi, I use: P4 3.0 (530), 6600 GT, 1,5 GB DC 533 Mhz RAM, RAID 0
These settings work for me:

Everything HIGH and ON on 1024x768

Drivers: Z-Tweaked GFX 82.12 forceware and Coolbits (www.guru3d.com)
Clocked: 579 Mhz & 1,15 Ghz
Cooler: Zalman FN700

My tip: Use more ram, BF2 runs with about 850 MB!!! memory with these settings

Good luck
number901
+1|6700|uk
i have a very high end machine that i bought recently with 1gig of ram , and bf2 ran like a three legged donkey with the settings up  , until i added an extra 1gig , now it runs jim carrey on a speed trip
sematic
+0|6670
MuseSeeker what PSU unit have you got?

I was running my 6600GT on a 300W (which is the min spec) and was having the same problems.

The 6600GT also needs plenty of amps on the +12v rail (the details will be on the side of your PSU)
The PSU should be outputting at least 17-18amps (i think) to run the card

I upgraded to a 550W and this solved it, I now average about 70-80fps in battlefield with most of my settings on Med, textures on High and AA on x4 (although is does go down to 30ish when arty is raining down)

Hope this helps, it worked for me..
MuseSeeker
+110|6801|EUR

sematic wrote:

MuseSeeker what PSU unit have you got?
450' - but dont worry about it a previouse set up given is satisfactory. Thanks anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard