Poll

What are your impressions of the Battlefield 3 beta?

Awesome16%16% - 18
Good32%32% - 35
Middle of the road24%24% - 26
Bad12%12% - 13
F*ck this game14%14% - 16
Total: 108
Roc18
`
+655|5832|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Sturgeon wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Not everyone is as bad as you at video games, chief.
>Me
>Bad at Video Games

Pick one chief

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/so … 176921914/

pro ^
>Take the time to look up my stats and post a screenshot
>1 game that's in it's beta version
>automatically means i'm bad at video games

Yeah right loser

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-07 15:42:55)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum
so mad
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum
hey oli i bet you feel bad about spending 30 seconds of your life on that
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum
mad mad mad
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roc18
`

FatherTed wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

All I know is Since BC2, Infantry has been harder to play. You don't get saved a death if you're revived, you move slower, shots kill you faster, medic packs regenerate instead of instahealing when you throw them down, you can't customize your cursor color (stuck with white), the red triangle of death above your head telling everyone where you are if you aren't behind some type of cover in respect to their position, Squads are only 4 man so I can't just join a pub server create a squad and invite 5 people to create a nice big squad of 6 people, No 15 second countdown we get killcams now, have to unlock about 100 things before you have the best loadout you can use and No commander.
ablooblooblooblooo
Very constructive responses to my posts, specifically:
>Ted
>Sturgeons
>AWSMFOX

idiots.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-07 16:57:15)

gurdeep
­
+812|4796|proll­y
>lolmad
Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

>lolmad
Still sore from the yankees yesterday.
gurdeep
­
+812|4796|proll­y
somehow doubt playing bf3 beta will make you feel any better ^^
Roc18
`

gurdeep wrote:

somehow doubt playing bf3 beta will make you feel any better ^^
Word lol, if I rage at this game you would break your computer in half if you played this for 5 minutes.
gurdeep
­
+812|4796|proll­y
lol not a doubt in my mind. probably a good thing i dont have it here :p
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5726|SQUID
I don't think your reputation as a "great" player is firmly cemented amongst the community, m8.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6664|EU

Roc18 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Terrible.

Graphics are terrible. They may look nice but they are functionally bad. It's way too busy, everything looks the same and is the same colour. It's almost impossible to see people and you're shooting at lights or traces rather then bodies.

Movement is a joke, it's sluggish bordering on unresponsive. The auto unscoping when going from prone to crouch/stand is a horrible feature as is the randomly flailing scope when you jump.

The terrain is overly complicated, hindering the already poor movement and making the already busy visuals even more obnoxious.

Having deploy and scope as the same button is terrible

The scope glint is a terrible idea, terribly implemented.

The flash light is a terrible idea, terribly implemented.

The mini map is useless and in the wrong spot.

The hud is busy complicated and gives little to no valuable information and what it does tell you is neither clear nor easy to read

Health being a number rather then a visual bar is terrible to quickly see how hurt you are. Regenerating health is a terrible idea.

Squad system terrible. Spawning on any member terrible.

Launching game from a browser, terrible.

Not enough classes, too many unlocks, too quick progression, ammo count instead of clips, awards every second kill lots of minor problems but added to everything else. Thank fuck I haven't wasted any money on this. I can not think of 1 redeeming quality about this game, it's either meh or terrible.
I agree with all your points. Especially the sluggishness (I had to turn up my base sensitivity that I played BC2 and BF2 on higher than I'm used to; to play this game at speeds that are acceptable) and implementation of the flashlights, scope glint and the minimap.

But 2 final aspects of the game that weren't featured in the beta that may make me want to play when the full game releases is how much the other maps impress me + Vehicle gameplay. Operation Metro may turn out to be the worst map out of the bunch.

Infantry combat is meh.
Basically I agree with all said above. I am starting to consider, rather it is worth of buying at all, I already have BC2, why do I would need BC3+jets.
I hate browser launcher, Battlelog gives me feeling that DICE wants to build another Facebook, and it takes too long to join any server. Changing settings only when spawned is shit, killcam is COD style shit, totally unnecessary.
It is hard to find things which already weren't discussed and flamed, but I just needed to write it somewhere.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6758|Riva, MD
For those who don't know yet, the Caspian Border servers are back up
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6758|Riva, MD
And everybody talking about input lag, you might want to try this:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … a-fps.html
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6758|Riva, MD
BF3 might actually come back to Steam:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Steam- … 13626.html

If it does come to Steam, I hope they make it possible to use the BF3 necessary part of Origin from within Steam, basically as far from launching a browser as I can get.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6716|Canberra, AUS
there are a lot of things about this game that i do like, but it's not the most user-friendly game ever designed.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6778|Oxferd Ohire
bf2 wasnt either
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6516|Foothills of S. Carolina

I thought the beta was pretty good, not perfect, but then it wasnt supposed to be. There are a few things I hope get changed in the retail release, those damn flashlights being one of them. I also hope they optimize it a little bit more as I cant upgrade my system for a while, and while I can get 30FPS on med @ 1440x900, it still lags on me from time to time, and affects my KDR.... you believe me.... right?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6734
All I ask for is... burst M16. Why do accurate details for all other guns but the M16? Why does that gun have to be the shitty dick squirter gun?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum

Superior Mind wrote:

All I ask for is... burst M16. Why do accurate details for all other guns but the M16? Why does that gun have to be the shitty dick squirter gun?
there are two m16s in the game iirc, A3 and A4. one is burst/single, the other is auto/single afaik
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6734
There is just one. In game they call it the A3. On battle log they call it A4.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2011-10-09 20:38:46)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6541|so randum

Superior Mind wrote:

There is just one. In game they call it the A3. On battle log they call it A4.
http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-assault-rifles/

It has been confirmed that both the A3 and A4 versions of the M16 will be available in Battlefield 3.
v0v
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5795|Roma

Superior Mind wrote:

i'm pretty sure the m16 in the beta has burst functionality.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6758|Riva, MD
Damn, beta's over

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard