Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4877|Amsterdam
Amazing how so many reviewers and commentators compare it to BC2, or in this case even to MoH.
It's like none of these people have played BF2 nor do tehy realise the fact that there is a 3 at the end of the title without 'Bad Company' inbetween.

I know its closer to BC2 than to BF2, even on the Caspian border map, but its still the sequal (or at least, thats what they intended) to BF2.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6743|England. Stoke

TravisC555 wrote:

coke wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

What's the point of a beta of Battlefield 3 without any vehicles? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Also Ryan, stop saying that, because it's just an excuse. Are you telling me that 1 month before its release they are going to, for example, revamp the destruction? No, of course not. This beta is literally to iron out glitching and probably some stupid flaws, but it is close to finalised. What I just find idiotic is they won't supply a map with vehicles. I don't want to play infantry only, that's not what BF3 is.
Try being accurate with your info before ranting. There are servers playing Caspian Sea with all the vehicles...
Actually Zimmer is right. You can only play Operation Metro.

Battlefield 3 Beta FAQ wrote:

I see there are servers up for a second map on PC. Can I access and play this map?

No. This map is only for internal back-end tests
No you are wrong, check before being all high and mighty. They released the passwords for the servers so people can join, people have been posting about it and streaming all day. Check the main BF3 thread where I have posted the lastest password. I don't even have access yet and I at least bothered to check the details of what was going on ffs.

Last edited by coke (2011-09-28 13:37:52)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6346

The servers are meant for testing. Passwords were given to a select few from gaming community sites and someone decided to leak them.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/caspian-bord … fficially/
http://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/119122909351526402
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6727

Kampframmer wrote:

Amazing how so many reviewers and commentators compare it to BC2, or in this case even to MoH.
It's like none of these people have played BF2 nor do tehy realise the fact that there is a 3 at the end of the title without 'Bad Company' inbetween.

I know its closer to BC2 than to BF2, even on the Caspian border map, but its still the sequal (or at least, thats what they intended) to BF2.
If it was a BF2 sequel why are the US fighting Russia. Why not MEC or China?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6743|England. Stoke
It'll be on the open beta soon enough without doubt.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6694|The darkside of Denver

Superior Mind wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

cause then they wouldnt be able to sell us DLC\expansions?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6727
This beta should have been out over the summer. I can't imgaine how they are going to actually listen to community feedback in a month.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6502
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ndz13zUms

He likes Caspian allot though.

Map design was BC2's biggest problem. Nice to know that it won't be BF3's.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4877|Amsterdam

Superior Mind wrote:

This beta should have been out over the summer. I can't imgaine how they are going to actually listen to community feedback in a month.
They won't.
Beta's these days are hardly to improve flaws in the game(play), theyre like demo's to showcase the game and to draw more people in and thus getting more potential buyers.
They might remove or edit some small things and will probably get rid of most of the glitches and bugs that will be found, but dont expect too much of it gameplay wise.

'(open) Beta' is no longer the term used for a work-in-progress that will be improved through community feedback, it's just a glitchy demo.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6725|Devon, England
I always guessed they were to test for server stability on games like this.

Stuff like that is fixed ASAP.
Roc18
`
+655|5825|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

There is less destruction, but the destruction was way over the top in BC2 and I found it often interfere with the maps' balance and pacing.
idonthinksotim.jpg

BC2's destruction was fine, it added another factor to every map. But I was a vehicle whore so I'm prolly biased.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-28 15:05:34)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5965|Somewhere out in Space
Yeah you were the guy that destroyed every building nearby before you even got there, because if anything made a tankwhore mad it was a clever engineer using them to hide.  It's always the players that ruin aspects of the game, so i'm glad they toned it down.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2011-09-28 15:21:30)

Roc18
`
+655|5825|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Yeah you were the guy that destroyed every building nearby before you even got there, because if anything made a tankwhore mad it was a clever engineer using them to hide.  It's always the players that ruin aspects of the game, so i'm glad they toned it down.
Lol, But you gotta admit it was a good counter to campers. Who also "ruin" the game

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-28 15:25:12)

Ryan
+1,230|6877|Alberta, Canada

As long as I can blow away cover, and not drive into sandbags as if they were immovable concrete walls, then I'll be quite pleased.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5965|Somewhere out in Space
A camper ruins the game.  A engineer who spawns in and is unable to get the drop on a unaware tanker because they preemptively leveled the entire area?  Not so much.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6715|Disaster Free Zone

Superior Mind wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Bf2 was the sequel of 1942. Why weren't the allies fighting axis?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6748|Purplicious Wisconsin

DrunkFace wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Bf2 was the sequel of 1942. Why weren't the allies fighting axis?
Guess you can say that, but bf2 was also a sequel to battlefield Vietnam which also was a sequel to bf1942
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
BF:V was just a full price mod of bf1942 the same as 2142 was a mod of BF2.

Even so, same argument applies. Or doesn't apply because it's stupid.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6743|England. Stoke

DrunkFace wrote:

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6748|Purplicious Wisconsin

DrunkFace wrote:

Incorrect. Battlefield 2 is only called battlefield 2 because it used the 2nd engine of the bf series.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
And by 2nd you mean the same??
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6743|England. Stoke

War Man wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Incorrect. Battlefield 2 is only called battlefield 2 because it used the 2nd engine of the bf series.

what is incorrect? Vietnam was a mod of 1942, and 2142 was a mod of BF2...
Brasso
+1,549|6664

TB is a whiny bitch
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6474|Brisbane, Australia

Brasso wrote:

TB is a whiny bitch
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6625|Your attic

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Brasso wrote:

TB is a whiny bitch
Back way back when he was actually a really cool guy but ever since the bust up between him and the rest of WCR crew he developed this giant ego and considers himself the expert on all that is computer games.

It'd be cool if he was actually a decent broadcaster (think Day9) but he's never been all that great away from WoW.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard