Microwave
_
+515|6698|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I've heard good things about the new sniper rifle (L96A1) but with the old unlock (the M95) being my first unlock, im abit gutted that this new one is now available.

-First question: is it really as good as people say...; most good shots hitting the target and killing in 2 shots?

-Second question: do i need the Euro Force expansion pack to get this new sniper or will i have to use another of my unlocks (at the next rank) to get it?

Thanks in advance
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6727|The Netherlands
Dunno but there are 100000 TOPICS about it

use SEARCH noob....
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6740|Germany
First question: Yes,this thing rocks!But all the sniper rifles have tuned up accuracy now,check them out aswell if you like sniping.

Second Question: No,you don't need Euro Forces,just the 1.2 patch.I saved one unlock for the sniper but got 2 free unlocks shortly before the patch so I unlocked the PKM,L96A1 and the P90 alltogether.
AdamEcks
+1|6746|Canada, Eh.
The oh so sexy sound that the new sniper rifle makes is worth unlocking it.
Microwave
_
Didn't think there was a post asking exactly the same question but i may be wrong... still, why bother commenting if its not helping... surely just wasting your time?

Thanks 'Mj.Blindfisch'!  I think i will unlock that because i'm getting annoyed with the M95 ( i do account for bullet drop ) but i'm gutted after basicly wasting an unlock !   

i might go on a global unlocks server to see if i prefer the L96A1 or the P90, cos it's between those two!

thanks for your help!

(any other opinions appreciated)
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6710|Colorado

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

use SEARCH noob....
I feel sorry for your mother.
StudMuffin21
+1|6689

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

use SEARCH noob....
Why do you have to be such an idiot?!?!
The whole reason he's asking is because he is new and doesn't know how everything works yet.  Even experienced players don't know how everything works.  So lay off new people, give them a chance to learn.  And if you don't want to help, than don't say anything and shove a sock in your mouth.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6760|Riva, MD
There isn't anything completely special about the L96 except the crosshairs are really thin and it's silenced and it does the same damage as an M24 or M95.  I think the scope zooms in more too.  It can't go through windows though.
StudMuffin21
+1|6689
James@alienware -

I love the new sniper rifle.  As Mj.Blindfisch said, you do not need to have the new expansion pack to unlock the new rifle.  The sound is awesome, and a bit quieter than the M90.  Although, it doesn't blend in as well as the M95 (due to color).  The acuracy is much better, and the sight is so clear.  It also has quite a bit longer range.

The only downfall is it isn't equiped with armor piercing bullets.  So no sniping unexpected helicopter pilots (you'll need the M95 for that).  Some times I go back and use the M95 just so I can take out those attack helicopter pilots and gunners.

Also: see my post on BF2 - Improvements forum; under "being able to melt into the inviroment as a sniper" topic.  That should help if you're serious about sniping.

Last edited by StudMuffin21 (2006-02-17 07:55:28)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6799|United States of America
What exactly to you consider a noob?  He may be better than you but is new to the BF2s forums. I think we all pity you now zspyvin.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6760|Riva, MD

james@alienware wrote:

Didn't think there was a post asking exactly the same question but i may be wrong... still, why bother commenting if its not helping... surely just wasting your time?

Thanks 'Mj.Blindfisch'!  I think i will unlock that because i'm getting annoyed with the M95 ( i do account for bullet drop ) but i'm gutted after basicly wasting an unlock !   

i might go on a global unlocks server to see if i prefer the L96A1 or the P90, cos it's between those two!

thanks for your help!

(any other opinions appreciated)
The M95 doesn't have bullet drop anymore.
Octavarium
+1|6753
The L96 isn't silenced is it?!??!!
ScottMcCoy
+0|6817
it isn't silenced!
bennisboy
+829|6689|Poundland
i have a spare unlock but it wont let me choose the sniper, i know of others having the same problem
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6740|Germany

_j5689_ wrote:

There isn't anything completely special about the L96....
C'mon,please,just look at it...

http://www.waffenhq.de/infanterie/aw-serie2.html
Rizen_Ji
+41|6779|200m out and smiling at you.
it's counted as a special forces unlock guys....

if u use the S E A R C H option you might've been able to figure that out.

and the 2 free unlocks for everyone was given to people with SF time logged, so if you never logged into SF tough luck.
Cpt.KillerToy12
Be Very... Very Quite... We're Hunting Rabbits
+29|6699|U.S.A
Some one should just make a sniper video of the new sniper so we can see how good it is "goo"
Flyboy63
+8|6747|South Australia

StudMuffin21 wrote:

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

use SEARCH noob....
Why do you have to be such an idiot?!?!
The whole reason he's asking is because he is new and doesn't know how everything works yet.  Even experienced players don't know how everything works.  So lay off new people, give them a chance to learn.  And if you don't want to help, than don't say anything and shove a sock in your mouth.
Yea, these 'use search noob' replies annoy me. I mean Im sure most topics have been covered at least once or twice so lets not post anymore & just use search...IMO this IS a discussion forum. Morons.

Last edited by Flyboy63 (2006-02-17 17:33:20)

Bronco...{TFL}
+0|6715
does anyone else notice the new sniper rifle sounds very similar to the one from the original half life single player game?
ilyandor
+31|6731|Phoenix, AZ

_j5689_ wrote:

There isn't anything completely special about the L96 except the crosshairs are really thin and it's silenced and it does the same damage as an M24 or M95.  I think the scope zooms in more too.  It can't go through windows though.
WTF??????????????????????????????????????????? silenced??? ARE YOU SURE??? what? i have it unlocked, didn't notice it being silenced...
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6740|Germany

ilyandor wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

WTF??????????????????????????????????????????? silenced??? ARE YOU SURE??? what? i have it unlocked, didn't notice it being silenced...
In real life there is a "silencer" for the L96A1,although it is not really silencing anything it changes the sound of the shot which makes the sniper harder to spot.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6763

_j5689_ wrote:

It's not silenced, lol, it's freakin badass sounding.
It seems as accurate as the m24 and as damaging, so it's like the Everyman's m24. I'm not sure why but i seem to get a disproportionately high number of headshots with it
Microwave
_
Hi, me again, i know the sniper is not silenced (picked up a kit) but it is alot quieter, and does sound sexy

I missed one obvious question.... do i need the Special Forces expansion pack or Euro Force to get this new sniper?
and do i need SF or EF to get the P90 aswell?

thanks

Last edited by james@alienware (2006-02-18 02:43:31)

Microwave
_
Can anyone help me with this because i'm trying to decide for my next unlock..... but i don't know if i will be able to choose the guns i have wrote about above (P90 and L96A1)

thanks if you can help
ProfLiebstrom
durka durka
+14|6877|Sheffield, UK
You need special forces to get any of the second tier unlocks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard