unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Sleeping in. Was called up to go watch the news.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6667|UK
i cant remember
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
gurdeep
­
+812|4751|proll­y

m3thod wrote:

i cant remember
ha ha
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

gurdeep wrote:

m3thod wrote:

i cant remember
ha ha
sorry, i just had to quote this.

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5995|Vortex Ring State
fuckin school

where else?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

I was at home, getting ready to go to the hospital. My son was scheduled for surgery the next day, and he and my wife had spent the night in the hospital in preparation for his pre-op tests on the 11th. I had just gotten out of the shower and was walking through the living room on my way to the kitchen to grab a quick bite of breakfast. I turned on the TV, and it was on the local NBC affiliate. The TODAY program was showing footage of the first tower burning, saying a plane had hit it.

Being in the AF, all I could think was, "It's clear and a million. That's nowhere near any approaches...what kind of knucklehead blows an approach that bad?" I honestly thought it was a general aviation plane at first. Then the second plane hit. I turned off the TV and jumped in the car. I knew I had to get to the base (where the hospital was) ASAP, because it was going to get locked down, and I needed to be with my family. I also knew that I would likely get called in soon, even though they knew my son was due for surgery. I was right on both counts.

His surgery got postponed (to Oct 6, the day we started bombing Afghanistan...how's that for weird coincidence?) because all the docs got mobilized to NJ for the mass casualty event that never happened (unfortunately). I got called in, and we started planning for OEF. And now it's 10 years later. Thankfully, my son's still here.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

FEOS wrote:

And now it's 10 years later.
i was 36 when the four planes got hijacked. i thoroughly knew what this meant to the world.
This isn't about the us of A getting rocked, it's about the whole world now under the reactionary threat of terrorism.

the whole world.

think about it, where there was once the flow of ideas and knowledge, now there are barricades put up by a contributor's creed and religion. the place one was born has more to do with the knowledge he can contribute. the world de-centralized and went to convenient corners that day, with collaboration and scientific contribution based more on the percentage of contributions to world order than the efficacy of research done.

bin-laden did more to drag the earth towards the 14th fucking century than a global caliphate could ever do.

because with any one religion in control you would see reactionaries. with an attack on an ideology, what you see is reactionary reprisals that punish a whole swath of an ideology, and not it's outliers that martyr to commit wholesale change.

gg usama, you bought a bullet 9 1/2 years after leading the west into an unwinnable dogmatic tail-chase. i sincerely hope the 72 virgin's you hoped to profit were all from this gaming forum.
CC-Marley
+407|6824
I was 28 and woke up early to go to Rhode Island to surf. There was big swell from Hurricane Erin who was hanging off the coast. I got a call from a friend who was coming too. He told me to turn on the tv. Everyone came over to watch. We ended leaving for Rhodie shortly after the North Tower fell. Strange day. Plus the surf was better here on the cape that day.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6712|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I had just gotten to school (8th grade) when the 1st plane hit.  The school cut off the internet and wouldn't let any news in so when the parents came to pick us up at the end of the day and all had a weird look on their faces we were kind of freaked out.  It was strange when we found out what had happened too because most of us were old enough to realize what the attacks meant but none of us were sure why it had happened.

Last edited by mcgid1 (2011-09-08 20:13:39)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Strange. Must've varied from school to school.
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon
saw it on TV that morning then went to work.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
In the UK, in a teleconference with Nortel engineers as news started to filter in.

As the scale became apparent work just stopped and we were allowed home.
Spent the evening watching in shock.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6624|IRELAND

Id just come back from the Burning man festival. I flew through NewYork on September 9th. I was just back at work. Training Architects using CAD. I sat down at one of the free workstations which had a fresh windows install on it and when I opened IE it went straight to the MSN home page with a large picture of one of the burning towers. My jaw dropped. Back then their was no video footage on new sites, just one or two pictures. Spent the whole day at work in shock. Then the whole evening watching TV in shock.
Friends who got later flights got caught up in it, getting grounded on some remote airfield for a day.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6737|OctoLand
I was in a world where there was constant war between good and evil. On that day, evil took a big step towards victory.

Last edited by justice (2011-09-09 04:23:39)

I know fucking karate
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6618|Little Bentcock
Was in bed, woke up to mum's ex boyfriend screaming (drunkenly) that the US was being nuked and we were next. I came out to see what was going on and mum let me stay up and watch it. My younger sister soon followed. After a while I saw the second plane hit, my sister started crying. I was in year 5. So, 11?
HITNRUNXX
+220|6706|Oklahoma City

Jay wrote:

I had just gotten to my permanent duty station in the army.

Fort Hood has never been the same since.
Poor Fort Hood. They have their own nationally remember tragedy now.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

I think I had just come home from school when I saw the news was on, both towers smoking. Saw them go down
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5032|Massachusetts, USA
My earlier post was dumb as hell, I was ticked when I wrote it. My apologies.

I was in 6th grade science class looking at a classmates scab through a microscope. When one of my teachers came in and gave us the news. No one knew how to take it, we were all too young to fathom it. As time went on and we got older we understood who did it, why it was done and what were the consequences.

Now I've started to question it, looking back on the attacks and who caused them. Up here in my area we have a lot of people who think it was staged, and they're very convinced it was staged.

One of the things I've started to question is the attack on the pentagon (this is simply a question, not my belief. I agree that saddam needed his reign ended, I agree that osama needed to die, but two invasions weren't the way to oust either of them.) Why wasn't there a bigger hole in the side of the place? A several hundred foot long airliner with copious amounts of fuel on board. Only put a small (relatively,) hole in the Pentagon, and where was the wreckage?

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-09-09 06:58:48)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6564|Mountains of NC

UnkleRukus wrote:

One of the things I've started to question is the attack on the pentagon (this is simply a question, not my belief. I agree that saddam needed his reign ended, I agree that osama needed to die, but two invasions weren't the way to oust either of them.) Why wasn't there a bigger hole in the side of the place? A several hundred foot long airliner with copious amounts of fuel on board. Only put a small (relatively,) hole in the Pentagon, and where was the wreckage?
the structure of the pentagon is far superior to the structure of the towers
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
i thought that was common knowledge after 9/11
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy

RTHKI wrote:

i thought that was common knowledge after 9/11
You need to visit the over liberal northeast more often.

Many people up here still believe it was a bomb planted in the offices, and that the offices were evacuated for that very reason.

I'm not sure what to believe. Both sides of the argument aren't to be trusted.

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2011-09-09 07:09:01)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

SEREMAKER wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

the structure of the pentagon is far superior to the structure of the towers
Its a bit like that test vid of the F4 going into the wall, just on a bigger scale.

The speed of the plane would reduce the amount of large, noticeable fragments as well. United 93's crash site was little more than a crater, with no discernible pieces of plane in sight.
13rin
+977|6475

UnkleRukus wrote:

Many people up here still believe it was a bomb planted in the offices, and that the offices were evacuated for that very reason.

UR wrote:

Up here in my area we have a lot of people who think it was staged, and they're very convinced it was staged.
I'd love to push those people down a flight of stairs.

Last edited by 13rin (2011-09-09 07:41:13)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
UnkleRukus
That Guy

13rin wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

UR wrote:

Up here in my area we have a lot of people who think it was staged, and they're very convinced it was staged.
What would that solve.
13rin
+977|6475

UnkleRukus wrote:

13rin wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

UR wrote:

What would that solve.
So you a 9-11 conspiracy theorist?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard