Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6785|Moscow, Russia

FatherTed wrote:

given the state of some of the rioters (drunk, young, retarded) i'm rather happy they don't have general access to firearms tbqh.
but... but but but... guns make people responsible and level-headed, imirite?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6724|US

Shahter wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

given the state of some of the rioters (drunk, young, retarded) i'm rather happy they don't have general access to firearms tbqh.
Nope, a chunk of metal in the hand does not change a person.
Good people with guns = OK
Violent criminals with guns = Very bad.
13rin
+977|6488

FatherTed wrote:

They weren't the people I was talking about.

Shahter wrote:

No, you are a troll.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

13rin wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

but they would still have access no?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6632|Little Bentcock

FatherTed wrote:

13rin wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England

FatherTed wrote:

13rin wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

They already do. Making weapons illegal doesn't take them out of the hands of criminals, as the incident that led to these riots illustrated quite nicely...
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
I don't see anyone shooting anyone while they riot?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Access to firearms doesn't mean guns for everyone. If you had the same level of gun control as my state (pretty restrictive yet available) you would do a good enough job of making sure your average rioter doesn't own a legal firearm.

The amount of hoops you have to go through to get a firearm is a huge turn off to someone who would smash a window for a Xbox. Would your average rioter spend the time filling out permits, getting finger printed, going through a background check, providing character witnesses, doing a gun training course, paying for permits, etc? I doubt it.

Last edited by Macbeth (2011-08-10 06:49:21)

13rin
+977|6488

Adams_BJ wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

13rin wrote:

Not necessarily.  My point is that the government there has rendered its general populous impotent and helpless to defend and protect itself...  And apparently the Police can't protect them either.  Rolling over and taking it isn't an option for me.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

Jay wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

13rin wrote:

They already do. Making weapons illegal doesn't take them out of the hands of criminals, as the incident that led to these riots illustrated quite nicely...
um

ok so there are like actual criminals who would possibly be able to get a firearm (like mark duggan f.ex), and then there is the opportunistic dickhead that wants a new DVD player and to break shit. the latter group im quite sure massively outnumber 'actual' criminals (you know what i mean by this) in these riots. and they really wouldn't know how to get/use a gun.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

13rin wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Not necessarily.  My point is that the government there has rendered its general populous impotent and helpless to defend and protect itself...  And apparently the Police can't protect them either.  Rolling over and taking it isn't an option for me.
go back a page and check the link i posted re; how home/business owners can protect themselves.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Adams_BJ wrote:

You don't generally see people over here rioting with weapons either, what's your point?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Jay wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

You don't generally see people over here rioting with weapons either, what's your point?
Well, we have metal detectors at our sports stadiums...
Adams_BJ

Jay wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I also don't hear of any shootings over there, or here in Australia, what's yours?
13rin
+977|6488

FatherTed wrote:

go back a page and check the link i posted re; how home/business owners can protect themselves.
So they can use force, but again, the government has taken away the tools one could use in such a situation to prevail and protect one's business, family & self. 

Suppose Granny owns a shop, what would you expect her to do?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Adams_BJ wrote:

Jay wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I also don't hear of any shootings over there, or here in Australia, what's yours?
And I don't hear of many shootings here in America that don't take place within black communities. Most of our gun crime is black on black.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

13rin wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

So they can use force, but again, the government has taken away the tools one could use in such a situation to prevail and protect one's business, family & self. 

dags
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ

Jay wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Jay wrote:

And I don't hear of many shootings here in America that don't take place within black communities. Most of our gun crime is black on black.
we dont have gun crime. period.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Blame it on the darkies
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

13rin wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

baseball bat/really big dogs seem to be the current favourite. a pistol/shotgun is not the only way to defend yourself, especially when the people you'll be defending against in the vast majority of cases won't have a firearm either.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Blame it on the darkies
Am I wrong?
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6488
@jay haha..

FatherTed wrote:

baseball bat/really big dogs seem to be the current favourite. a pistol/shotgun is not the only way to defend yourself, especially when the people you'll be defending against in the vast majority of cases won't have a firearm either.
Granny ain't walking a 150lb rottie and sure as shit ain't playing 'cricket' with a rioter's head.

Your last sentence sums it up nicely.  I wonder if my shop would be robbed if I was standing in the threshold holding an AR.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6449|Brisbane, Australia

Why does every issue in every country turn in to a fucking gun debate. It is completely irrelevant. The police have plenty of non lethal methods of enforcing the law, bringing firearms into it just makes it worse.

I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities for everyone to get their 'justice' and see poor people brutalised by police before this is over. Everything will be repaired and the actual cause of all this will go completely under the radar because it isnt politically sound to try and fix it.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
No, it's not Macbeth. I'm clearly pointing out that the majority of the citizens of the United States do not have to worry about gun crime, even though we're the most armed populace on the planet. Our gun crime is isolated to small pockets which most intelligent people avoid like the plague.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard