Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6797|UK

coke wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

coke wrote:

oh dear the IPCC say there is no evidence that Duggan fired at the police...

Lidl looted and set on fire in salford
but didn't he have a loaded gun?
Apparently so, so that's at least a viable reason for the shooting, but the fact that it was reported that he fired shots when it now appears he didn't, ain't gonna help matters.
I thought that was just media speculation.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6680

Uzique wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Exactly

Even if he didn't, what was he doing with a gun?

If the police thought they might get shot I'd expect them to shoot the guy pointing a gun at them

fuck him, he pointed a gun at the police and resisted arrest
nothing to say he pointed a gun. nope.
Until we hear anything to suggest otherwise, it's probably safest to go with the official account.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6501
american police encounter people with guns on their person/in their car all the time... routinely... there's a protocol for that. you tell them to put their hands in the air and you strip-search them. there is absolutely no evidence that this guy brandished a weapon or threatened the police (as relatives have said, why would he, it would be an instant suicide... he had kids and a fiancee). you people inventing the fact that he threatened the police and was going to shoot them are all being a bit judgemental. "black working class man with a gun, must be an attempted murder". well, no. sometimes the police can fuck up, too.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6740|England. Stoke

Vilham wrote:

coke wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Apparently so, so that's at least a viable reason for the shooting, but the fact that it was reported that he fired shots when it now appears he didn't, ain't gonna help matters.
What was just media speculation? That he fired shots?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6501

ghettoperson wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Exactly

Even if he didn't, what was he doing with a gun?

If the police thought they might get shot I'd expect them to shoot the guy pointing a gun at them

fuck him, he pointed a gun at the police and resisted arrest
Until we hear anything to suggest otherwise, it's probably safest to go with the official account.
which is... he didn't point or fire a gun. okie dokes. goodie.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jord
+2,382|6709|The North, beyond the wall.

Toilet Sex wrote:

at least one of these fuckers has to die surely
hopefully then it will snowball even further and be a fucking awesome news week.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6501
a guy in croydon has already died, he got involved in a gangbanging incident and was chased in a car and had a shotgun emptied into his head.

good enough for you bloodthirsty 'outraged' middle-class people living 350 miles away?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6797|UK

coke wrote:

Vilham wrote:

coke wrote:

Yeah.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6740|England. Stoke

jord wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

hopefully then it will snowball even further and be a fucking awesome news week.
Well they already had that guy they found shot in Croyden that died.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6531|so randum
is this ipcc woman on smack or something
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6501
the guardian said from the start that he didn't fire a weapon and i linked it here but it was dismissed as a "rumour", people constantly hanging on the word "unconfirmed" and saying that the guardian was a left-wing pissrag, bleeding-heart liberals, wah-wah etc. as if the guardian would print such inciting and potentially dangerous stuff on a whim, or because they fancied it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6680

Uzique wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Uzique wrote:

which is... he didn't point or fire a gun. okie dokes. goodie.
I was under the impression that the official account was that he pulled a gun on them?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6740|England. Stoke

Vilham wrote:

coke wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Yeah.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, the fact that was reported and now it looks like it isn't true has made things worse, as though they were trying to cover it up etc.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6531|so randum
so 2 shots fired by police & mark duggan gets hit twice, where did this bullet in the radio come from 0.o
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6501
the IPCC report said he possessed a loaded handgun. that was it. as i said, american law enforcement officials pull over 'dangerous' people or suspicious people all the time that possess loaded weapons. there is a practice. you can't be trigger happy.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6715|United States of America
There were 3 shots fired. C'mon Teds.
jord
+2,382|6709|The North, beyond the wall.

coke wrote:

jord wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

Well they already had that guy they found shot in Croyden that died.
RIP
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6501
or a ricochet. close encounter. police probably had vehicle surrounded. one of the shots went through his right-bicep -> exit into opposite officer's chest?

Last edited by Uzique (2011-08-09 12:46:54)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6680

I can't think they'd shoot him for just having one near him, unless he appeared to be going for it. They do have some training you know.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6531|so randum
well yes but the mad ipcc woman said the SO19 dude fired twice, so someone is lying
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6531|so randum

Uzique wrote:

or a ricochet. close encounter. police probably had vehicle surrounded. one of the shots went through his right-bicep -> exit into opposite officer's chest?
oh i hadn't thought of that.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6740|England. Stoke

Uzique wrote:

the IPCC report said he possessed a loaded handgun. that was it. as i said, american law enforcement officials pull over 'dangerous' people or suspicious people all the time that possess loaded weapons. there is a practice. you can't be trigger happy.
Yes they said he was in possession of the handgun, but nothing else, at the moment there is no way of telling what happened. And wether proper practice was followed or not, and whether anyone was trigger happy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6501

FatherTed wrote:

Uzique wrote:

oh i hadn't thought of that.
well the second officer was saved by his chest radio... which is hardly military grade kevlar. probably suggests some sort of fluke-ricochet if an armed police gun (i'm assuming something like an mp5?) had a round stopped by a radio.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6680

I wasn't actually aware he was black. I'd assumed white. Does that make me racist?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard