eleven bravo
+1,399|5296|foggy bottom
if youre talking about a mistake in paper work then thats what it is, a mistake.  please dont try to make it sound like we were given millions of rounds to waste just because.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5296|foggy bottom
FACT: The army has performed more amphibious combat assaults than the USMC has in the last 100 years.
Tu Stultus Es
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6605|Mountains of NC

Ridir wrote:

The money spent on the USMC is well spent because it is so small. We don't always get enough rounds for training where as a Bn in Fort Hood fired off several hundred thousand extra rounds of 5.56  simply because someone added a few too many zero's for a Co training operation.
didn't have enough rounds for training, bullshit on that one

ammo depots keep enough rounds for a 10 year cycle, never a low in ammo count
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5296|foggy bottom
the way ridir paints, the USMC is living on half rations of hard tack and salt pork
Tu Stultus Es
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

eleven bravo wrote:

the way ridir paints, the USMC is living on half rations of hard tack and salt pork
he must have been part of a different corps then I was in

but I was never really in anyway ............ I hung out at some island for 13 weeks because I like drinking margaritas and getting caught in the rain
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5395|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

Hoo-rah!

It's all part of the MC myth they beat into their skulls from the first second of boot. That false espirit de corps bravado shit. It's cute, but it makes the lot of them incredibly stupid when it comes to being objectively critical.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Hoo-rah!

It's all part of the MC myth they beat into their skulls from the first second of boot. That false espirit de corps bravado shit. It's cute, but it makes the lot of them incredibly stupid when it comes to being objectively critical.
I thought everyone had to sleep on concertina wire
rdx-fx
+955|6628

Shocking wrote:

What? They've got all sorts of heavy equipment which you don't usually expect in an amphibious/fast deployment unit. Tanks, very large arty installations, their own aircraft etc. The USMC can fight a conventional war on its own.
And that would be a good model to emulate, if you wanted to bring the various branches of the US military back under one "roof"

The USMC structure, organization, close coordination between air/land/sea sections - are all very good models for a national military.
If I had to design another nation's military, I'd borrow heavily from the USMC structure and organization.

On the other hand, there isn't a chance in hell you'd get the USMC "ooh-rah, Semper Fi" culture to work in the USAF's "corporate suits in military uniforms" culture.  That is why we have a bunch of different branches - vastly different cultures.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SEREMAKER wrote:

Jay wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Hoo-rah!

Every marine I ever met spent a month holed up in Fallujah too.

I really don't get it either. You ask a Navy, Army or AF vet what their time in service was like and you'll generally get an honest answer. Marines, no matter how far removed from their service, for some reason feel it is their duty to be a recruiter for the rest of their life.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6537|so randum
go USMC ARMY AIRFORCE RAF B) B) B)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6537|so randum

Jay wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Jay wrote:

Hoo-rah!

I really don't get it either. You ask a Navy, Army or AF vet what their time in service was like and you'll generally get an honest answer. Marines, no matter how far removed from their service, for some reason feel it is their duty to be a recruiter for the rest of their life.
my experience of marines is drawn from the dude in the passenger seat in gen kill and he is awesome, and marine who is angry. also that film with that old guy, maybe he was in the marines or something? marines are cool
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Jay wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Jay wrote:

Hoo-rah!

Well Marines aren't firing anyone and we get $100 from the recruiter if we get them in

really I don't know, I can't speak for those that you ran into ........... I get alot of AF that like to fluffy what they did in-service and I seem to hear some marines that tried out for recon, you know bc recon needs cooks too
rdx-fx
+955|6628

Ridir wrote:

The money spent on the USMC is well spent because it is so small. We don't always get enough rounds for training where as a Bn in Fort Hood fired off several hundred thousand extra rounds of 5.56  simply because someone added a few too many zero's for a Co training operation.
hahahhahahaha

Ah, yeah..

There are a few things I miss about Ft Hood.

End of budget year was always a fun time at the range.
Burn up all the ammo and C4, otherwise we don't get as much next year.

Y'know, it's actually incredibly difficult to cut a 2x4 & plywood target in half with an M60...
Or, blowing a crater in the demo range that was so large, you couldn't see the roof of the 'dozer filling in the hole...

If you want to get there first, join the Marines. 
If you want to get there with all the equipment, join the Army.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6809|PNW

Jay wrote:

Marines, no matter how far removed from their service, for some reason feel it is their duty to be a recruiter for the rest of their life.
And sailors spend a lot of their post-service time bashing the Navy.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6537|so randum
or join the royal marines they're pretty cool and stuff
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6537|so randum

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

And sailors spend a lot of their service time bashing each other.
ftfy
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
rdx-fx
+955|6628

SEREMAKER wrote:

I thought the Marine females were issued concertina wire g-strings.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

FatherTed wrote:

or join the royal marines they're pretty cool and stuff
everyone that goes through royal marines should be knighted
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6537|so randum
also rip mek
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

rdx-fx wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I thought the Marine females were issued concertina wire g-strings.
Claymore
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

rdx-fx wrote:

Ridir wrote:

hahahhahahaha

Ah, yeah..

There are a few things I miss about Ft Hood.

End of budget year was always a fun time at the range.
Burn up all the ammo and C4, otherwise we don't get as much next year.

Y'know, it's actually incredibly difficult to cut a 2x4 & plywood target in half with an M60...
Or, blowing a crater in the demo range that was so large, you couldn't see the roof of the 'dozer filling in the hole...

If you want to get there first, join the Marines. 
If you want to get there with all the equipment, join the Army.
My college roommate was a Marine that served in the invasion force. Cool guy, and he was honest about his service. He wasn't a rifleman, he was in satcom. He told me a story about his experience in the invasion. His truck broke down on the highway going north so his 1SGT handed him and his driver a box of MRE's and told them to sit tight until they could get help to them. They sat in country, on the side of the road, for a week, next to a minefield, without water, before someone remembered they were missing and sent a wrecker. I'll take my time in the army where I wasn't just a speedbump on the way to mission completion over that, thanks
-Frederick Bastiat
rdx-fx
+955|6628

Jay wrote:

My college roommate was a Marine that served in the invasion force. Cool guy, and he was honest about his service. He wasn't a rifleman, he was in satcom. He told me a story about his experience in the invasion. His truck broke down on the highway going north so his 1SGT handed him and his driver a box of MRE's and told them to sit tight until they could get help to them. They sat in country, on the side of the road, for a week, next to a minefield, without water, before someone remembered they were missing and sent a wrecker. I'll take my time in the army where I wasn't just a speedbump on the way to mission completion over that, thanks
My dad was a large part of the reason I didn't sign up for the whole airborne/ranger/SF cool-guy experience.
I saw what he looked like after he came back from wherever.

Passing out facedown into your mashed potatoes, in the middle of saying something at the family dinner table, is no way to go through life.
That, and the 3 divorces due to the tempo of his military career - no thanks.

I'll do something safe and sane.
Like play with truckloads of C4, or fly around in helicopters as a practice target for SAM sites...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6537|so randum
https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/img/upload/img_400/fkd_002028.jpg
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6537|so randum
https://www.aircrashsites-scotland.co.uk/Site/page_images/spitfire_sandwood-bay/raf-spitfires_35.jpg
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

rdx-fx wrote:

Jay wrote:

My dad was a large part of the reason I didn't sign up for the whole airborne/ranger/SF cool-guy experience.
I saw what he looked like after he came back from wherever.

Passing out facedown into your mashed potatoes, in the middle of saying something at the family dinner table, is no way to go through life.
That, and the 3 divorces due to the tempo of his military career - no thanks.

I'll do something safe and sane.
Like play with truckloads of C4, or fly around in helicopters as a practice target for SAM sites...
My dad was a Ranger back in Vietnam. He was super excited when I had airborne inserted into my contract but, by the time I got done with AIT, I was tired of being in training and my reason for wanting to be closer to home (I got Dear Johned in basic) had vanished so I dropped it. I don't regret the MOS I chose. It would've sucked no matter what I had picked
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard