Spamtheban
Undsiputed BF2s FIFA champion of all time
+132|4834|Stoke
peasant
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

not a fan of fantasy type stuff so to be honest i have a lot of problems with it.  Melodramatic.  Wordy.  Drawn out storyline. Poorly written.
The books are pretty damn well thought out. Probably the best fantasy I've read by an author not named Tolkien.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
gurdeep
­
+812|4746|proll­y
diggin it
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

that damned sneaky pimp
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
little cock sucker
Tu Stultus Es
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

he was my favourite character up until ep 7

he reminded me of this

https://i.imgur.com/RhHxH.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
hes got a thing for home dudes wife
Tu Stultus Es
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

eleven bravo wrote:

winter is coming
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

also bro/sis relationship? and they think its normal? k
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
It's only going to get better. I'm not a fan of fantasy typically, but I think the show's pretty good. Can never go wrong with gratuitous violence + boobs.

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

not a fan of fantasy type stuff so to be honest i have a lot of problems with it.  Melodramatic.  Wordy.  Drawn out storyline. Poorly written.
The books are pretty damn well thought out. Probably the best fantasy I've read by an author not named Tolkien.
^^

Calling Martin's books "poorly written" is a retarded statement (sorry FEOS).
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

talking about the show
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
the show is pretty cheesily written but the story line is pretty interesting and some of the character developement is decent
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

How well the book s are written and how well the show itself is written are too different thing entirely. There are plenty of well written books that didn't translate over into shows and movies very well. I've seen bits and pieces of and show and agree with KJ's assessment of it.

Take for instances the scene where Eddard Stark gets attacked by Jaime Lannister and his men in the town. So Jaime's brother has been kidnapped and Eddard admits to being involved in it. So first off Jaime orders his men to kill Eddard's men and to capture Eddard alive. Okay, all of Eddard's men are killed and Eddard and Jaimie are now fighting. Okay cool, a little melodramatic, but it's okay considering the animosity between them. Then one of Jaime's men stabs Eddard in the leg during the fight which makes Eddard drop. Okay that makes sense. You still got me. But what happens then? Jaime knocks out his own soldier and leaves Eddard on the ground bleeding before threatening him not to hurt his brother.

So Eddard has admitted to kidnapping your brother, you just killed his friend and men, and you stabbed him in the leg. After all of this you decide to just leave him there while he still has your brother captive and it also one of the King's most trusted? Really? They lost me right there. Melodramatic and poorly written, yes.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
eddard didnt kidnap him, his wife did.  he found out after the dfact. 

the first scene in the episode after actually has jaime being told he's a bitch for not doing that by his dad. then they go with this dialogue about how he doesnt want to seem dishonorable yaddaddaddaa oh what you care what people think blah blah blah
Tu Stultus Es
gah im 2 episodes behind
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

How well the book s are written and how well the show itself is written are too different thing entirely. There are plenty of well written books that didn't translate over into shows and movies very well. I've seen bits and pieces of and show and agree with KJ's assessment of it.

Take for instances the scene where Eddard Stark gets attacked by Jaime Lannister and his men in the town. So Jaime's brother has been kidnapped and Eddard admits to being involved in it. So first off Jaime orders his men to kill Eddard's men and to capture Eddard alive. Okay, all of Eddard's men are killed and Eddard and Jaimie are now fighting. Okay cool, a little melodramatic, but it's okay considering the animosity between them. Then one of Jaime's men stabs Eddard in the leg during the fight which makes Eddard drop. Okay that makes sense. You still got me. But what happens then? Jaime knocks out his own soldier and leaves Eddard on the ground bleeding before threatening him not to hurt his brother.

So Eddard has admitted to kidnapping your brother, you just killed his friend and men, and you stabbed him in the leg. After all of this you decide to just leave him there while he still has your brother captive and it also one of the King's most trusted? Really? They lost me right there. Melodramatic and poorly written, yes.
It's from the book. Almost verbatim. The idea wasn't to kill Ned, he's the hand of the king and you can't do that. He wanted to best him and make him yield. Jamie Lannister is the best swordsman in the seven kingdoms, so he could've killed him any time he wished.

If you don't get the series, it's because they're going completely from the books and not explaining every nuanced detail. For those of us who have read them, we're enjoying the series immensely.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
JahManRed
wank
+646|6619|IRELAND

This is an excellent show. Even better it was filmed in my country, Northern Ireland. Lots of local actors which is good.

Michell Fairly (Sean Bean's wife) is a friend of mine and is from my little town.
Conlith Hill (The lord with the bald head and no balls) is one of my best mates, was drinking with him at the weekend. Again from my town
Ronan Hill (Conlith's brother) is head sound man.
4 of my friends who can all ride horses are Darthracky warriors in it.
2 other friends are extras.
So not only is it a great show to watch. Its also cool to see so many people I know in it and as NI is so small I know exactly where the outdoor scenes are. All the sound stage stuff was recorded in the the old engine factory at Harland and wolf in Belfast where they made the Titanic.

And con tells me they are making a second series.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

It's from the book. Almost verbatim. The idea wasn't to kill Ned, he's the hand of the king and you can't do that. He wanted to best him and make him yield. Jamie Lannister is the best swordsman in the seven kingdoms, so he could've killed him any time he wished.

If you don't get the series, it's because they're going completely from the books and not explaining every nuanced detail. For those of us who have read them, we're enjoying the series immensely.
Nope you don't have to read the books to get what happened in that scene.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6566|London
I'm enjoying it so much I've picked up the books
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

the red haired whore is pretty hot too
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
I agree.  we could see her cooch too which makes her hotter.
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

I kinda changed my mind after watching some more of the show.

The scene where Spoiler (highlight to read):
Drogo promised his wife he would attack the 7 kingdoms after the attempted assassination reminded me of my favorite part of history and I'm interested in at least seeing how that pans out.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6619|IRELAND

Macbeth wrote:

Think this little anomaly was explained in the last episode. Wouldn't have been a clean kill, no honor to kill a man who is already down. Was that Charles Dance as his father? Excellent speech to Jaime. I think Jaime is going to step up to the plate soon.

Game of Thrones Season 2 is all over our local papers. They are taking over a little picturesque harbor about 2 miles round the coast from me and building some big set there. Going to be shut down for a month. I shall be kayaking round for a nosy. Its for the month of August. Ill report back what I see but ill not be taking any photos. The producers have requested that no one leaks any photos so ill respect that as its showcasing our wonderful coastline to the world.
Also my horse riding friends have been contracted to do more filming as Dathraki horse men so their will deff be more of Dathraki in season 2.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

JahManRed wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Think this little anomaly was explained in the last episode. Wouldn't have been a clean kill, no honor to kill a man who is already down. Was that Charles Dance as his father? Excellent speech to Jaime. I think Jaime is going to step up to the plate soon.

Game of Thrones Season 2 is all over our local papers. They are taking over a little picturesque harbor about 2 miles round the coast from me and building some big set there. Going to be shut down for a month. I shall be kayaking round for a nosy. Its for the month of August. Ill report back what I see but ill not be taking any photos. The producers have requested that no one leaks any photos so ill respect that as its showcasing our wonderful coastline to the world.
Also my horse riding friends have been contracted to do more filming as Dathraki horse men so their will deff be more of Dathraki in season 2.
You could read the books and stop speculating...
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard