jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

War Man wrote:

I doubt it will be hats, this game is too serious to have that kind of goofy shit.
https://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1640/8pcj.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

heggs wrote:

I have a tough time getting into it, admittedly.
I was a deer in the headlights when i first played in November last year, confusing as shit. Put it down for month and picked backup. Never even installed 'End Game' or even played bf3 since
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

jsnipy wrote:

War Man wrote:

I doubt it will be hats, this game is too serious to have that kind of goofy shit.
It is slightly goofy because of the goggles, but it fits in the game.

Last edited by War Man (2013-10-16 22:31:05)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

vanu are hermaphrodites.

I still keep my purple tights warm in case u play.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

It's frustrating because the NC are the worst (well, it seemed that way when I played, and seemed to be the general consensus among the players) and apparently still are. They're the only faction I've bothered with. Don't wanna have to earn certs again for a whole new character when I've already struggled getting certs for the one character I have. Oh yeah and I stupidly bought things with real money, so would be nice to keep my spending all to my one character as well.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

My first character was actually TR but I ended up on the NC because the group I was playing BF3 with had a foot hold with the NC so I made a character there. Had I known they would quit playing after three weeks I might not have bothered but I had a momentum going so I stayed with that character. I ended playing with an outfit then switching to a larger one with more active players.

I don't know NC are the worst but definitely not the most popular probably because their tech is less turn key than the other two factions. Gauss saw (heavy's default) is the perfect example; some players just say it sucks compared to the no bullet drop of the VS or the higher rate of fire of the TR. It just has a higher skill cap ... this guy explains it better www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJO3uZGL79A.

Since its a free game I bought a couple things during a double station cash weekend  ... all "NS" weapons (1,2,3,4) which are usable by any faction on any character on any server. I also payed for a membership ... rationalizing the cost of what I paid for game like BF3 and premium. You get some small amount of station cash each month, but mainly you gain certs faster and you get passive certs (48 day).

I have a few characters that I play now and then like a  VS character when I want to play with Warman (who has not played for a while)

Where is your NC character?
War Man
Sorry Jsnipy, I will play planetside 2 again. I'd rather get a flatscreen monitor though, with the big old monitor I have, there is hardly much room. Might still return and just deal with the little room, I've only been playing RTS games with this thing
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Even in this span of time so much has changed
War Man
What is new? Light Assault still the least useful class in the game?

Last edited by War Man (2014-04-04 10:28:20)

jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Maybe, but not unuseful They play a big part on the offense of a base.

Other classes have gotten more TLC ... especially infiltrators

The warpgate galaxy cluster fuck has been eased by being able to spawn into a galaxy ...
War Man

jsnipy wrote:

Maybe, but not unuseful They play a big part on the offense of a base.

Other classes have gotten more TLC ... especially infiltrators

The warpgate galaxy cluster fuck has been eased by being able to spawn into a galaxy ...
Oh, I was there when they first introduced that. It would be nice if they decreased spawn beacon respawn time to that of the galaxy though.

Still, light assault needs a major buff.

They share c4 and shotguns with 3 other classes, share adrenaline and smg's with infiltrator, share carbines with engineer while medic gets the assault rifle, can't aim down the sights while jetpacking making shooting almost worthless in the air, and the devs have continued nerfing the class to bits.

They should:

(a)Just get rid of heavy assault's anti air lock capable weapons(except TR'a striker). Give the light assault an anti air lockon with such a crappy velocity without locking on, that using it against ground vehicles unless really close is pointless. Also introduce a flak rocket launcher as an alternative anti air launcher. Doing so would make the LA useful as the anti-air class while HA still is the dominate ground fighter.

(b) Just merge with medic and call it Light Assault. Remove the stupid revive grenades as they are a crappy idea to begin with. The jetpack would become a tool to exchange for the medical tool. The light assault's would be able to use his jetpack and be able to survive longer thanks to his self-healing ability, combined with the optional assault rifle to equip to improve ranged combat. It wouldn't be overpowered because oh look, he can't revive with jetpack equipped.

(c) buff the fricken jetpack and add a cool tool to complement its assault abilities. Heavy Assault gets all the unique gear to assault the enemy with while light assault only has whatever scrapped leftovers they get from other classes. Only unique thing they have is their ability, but all classes have a unique ability.

Last edited by War Man (2014-04-08 12:25:55)

Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
Been playing this game a lot again lately.  It's really just so much better than all the other shooters out there in so many ways.  <3 Planetside
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

They should give Light Assault more gadgets so Warman will don the purple spandex once more.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
You kidding, I love light assault!  Got one loadout with an smg and flashbangs which is great for flying behind the enemy and messing them up.  And another with smoke grenades, an under barrel smoke grenade launcher,  night vision scope, and drifter jets so i can blind everyone, drop in, and kill them in the confusion.  Or who could forget the C4 dropping from the sky.  Light assault is fun as hell even as is... although I'll never say no to more gadgets
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
War Man
Not saying it isn't fun, they just made changes overtime that made it less fun. Like the fact  that I can't aim down the sights while in the air anymore, fucking hated that changed as I was well practiced in controlling my bursts. To add more insult to injury they nerfed hipfire accuracy.

Miss the days of encircling my enemies with the regular Jetpack. It was fun being in the air and shooting my enemies(also made me a pest to enemy fighters by flying up and down and shooting them bit by bit with glee)

Not to mention the light assault has nothing unique except their jetpack. Seriously, name one thing that a light assault has that another class doesn't. Sure they are more suitable for c4 usage compared to other classes, but it still is not unique. Also, medic(a support class) has assault rifles which are more effective in combat, light assault doesn't get shit except for some cqc. I love CQC, but sometimes I want a weapon with some range, it will not make the class overpowered as the assault rifle isn't that good at range, just give us more options.

Alternatives could be by transferring the heavy assault's anti air weaponry(also introduce a flak launcher like this) to the light assault and give them a broader role. Too many enemy aircraft, bring in the Light Assaults. Battle getting ground heavy, heavy assaults are yourguys.

On a final note

*drools* Oh the possibilities
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

https://i.imgur.com/nkFfbBG.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard