Immobile Sniper
+3|6521
> After a recent malfunction,my old gaming rig got a new hard drive,and thus a new copy of XP Pro.

The old drive with my game files on it didn't crash completely,just wouldn't boot.

Since the new hard drive,I've got fresh drivers for MB,sound,chipset,and video.

I can use the shortcut on the old drive and the game loads fine,will let me play singleplayer fine,but kicks me back out to desktop immediately when trying to log on to an online server.

I installed fresh on the new drive,and clicked on the shortcut. The initial BF2 screen came on,then poofed. Tried several more times,same result.

I uninstalled,reinstalled,same thing.

I tried copying the old shortcut onto the desktop,and once again it poofed immediately.

I also tried copying the old game files into a folder on the new drive,and that did the same thing as it did from it's original location. It loads the game but kicks me when trying to join a server.

I've downloaded the 1.5 patch fresh,but got an error message saying I already had a newer version installed.

While I had it on both drives,when I used the old shortcut gave me an error with the game loaded that said my cd key was invalid.

Any ideas? Tommy D.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6676

Try using all the files from a new install instead of your old shortcuts and files from the previous installations. I.e., don't copy things over.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard