zerobeast33
+4|6705|Steel City
Just like other patches, we'll have to learn and adapt to it.
I played it for bout an hour, not a lot of servers updated yet,
so hopefully tonight I can really give it a shot.

It's alright for now, but of course you're going to have complainers and what not.
That's just life.

Before I get into one thing, I'm not no c-4 tossing noob. But, I hate that they took that
completely away. Let me explain....

I hate people that toss them, but at times you need to. I  mean, you should be able to toss
them a foot or two. In the new patch...not even an inch.  It's a world of difference going up
against a tank now.  Last night on Karkand I tossed a couple c-4's on a tank from like a foot
or so away...ran and blew it up.  Now, I feel like I gotta be all up in the tank to put it on and
by then, I'm dead meat. You can't even really throw them off building roofs either.

I know it's probably for the good because people were hating on the c-4 tossers (which I didn't
like at times) But, I would have like to see them allow a foot to two.

Well, try it and tell me what ya'll think.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6781

I was trying frantically to get my Expert C4 badge (yeah, forget mines for the expert) and I kept getting 30 kills. The one round a few days ago I got 37 but I never got the badge. Well, I guess I'll just have to jihad-jeep my way to gold. C'est la vie.
Sir Killa4live
+12|6673
Got 43 C4 kills in a round, didnt got the Expert, since for evry TK at the Explosives badge you need 1 extra enemy to get in the Good area.
I know i hate it too.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6771|Houston, TX
I haven't got the patch yet, but from the sounds of it, C4 is back to being deployed the way it was intended.

Interesting.....

I've been reading all the praise and rants from both sides of most of the issues addressed.
AA
C4
GL
Aircraft HP
New unlocks
Sniper rifle accuracy
P90 vs rapidfire BB gun which is better?

Seems like the normal adjustment bitching that accompanies a patch.  People with patience deficiency getting it outta their system while trying to adjust to a different style of gameplay.

S.S.D.D. (S.S.D.P.)

KJ
arnica
+18|6706|Sydney
I cant wait to try it out later today!!!!!
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6696
i didnt get a new rank how gay
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6681|Lancaster Ohio, USA
I played with the patch earlier today and it felt to me that the rounds I had played had turned to sniper fest's...there were a lot more snipers out there than there normally were and I played 3 rounds on Wake and one on Sharqi...there was still plenty of automatic fire flying around but it felt like now ya have to pay more attention to the snipers cause the L96A1 is a nice rifle...I got to use it a little...however whenever I picked one up I always seemed to die...but it is nice and the scope hairs are even more fine than the M24...almost akin to the Type 88...aerial combat is a whole different arena now to...but like was said earlier we'll all just have to get used to playing this style now...
zerobeast33
+4|6705|Steel City
Yeah, I played probably a total of 2 hours (2/14/06) and I noticed everybody and their mother came out to play. I saw a lot of high ranks out there. I was on a team stacked with high ranks Sergeant Majors (50,000) and higher .  But, they didn't do much, they just camped out by the hotel (we were the U.S.)  I have noticed a lot of camp spawners too when I was the MEC the next round. Dude was chillin in the alley by the Hotel in an APC. He's name was something Wade.  Him and a tank were there. I couldn't spawn anywhere else, since that was our last base and the only other squad was full with 6 members. But, I got to the point whenever I spawned, I died .5 seconds later, I was like forget this and just left and didn't care bout my points.

I heard the PKM is a beast now. Anywho people will find new & old things to complain about. Yes, I am human ( I think) and I might be complaining, but I'm allowed to this is the Complaint forum hehe.

But, good luck to you all and I might see ya out there.
IvIaster.Us
+-2|6672
when we download the 1.2 pack do you get like 1 free unlock? im asking because I just got 2 unlocks like last week for absolutly nothing...i am at 8,6656 points or whatever and itll be 20,000 till i get another unlock...i really want that sniper rifle to check it out so am i either screwed or do we get a freebie
ifixphns2
+3|6741|Evanston, WY

IvIaster.Us wrote:

when we download the 1.2 pack do you get like 1 free unlock? im asking because I just got 2 unlocks like last week for absolutly nothing...i am at 8,6656 points or whatever and itll be 20,000 till i get another unlock...i really want that sniper rifle to check it out so am i either screwed or do we get a freebie
Do you have SF?  I got 2 unlocks recently too, no promotion.  I attributed them to SF, under the assumption that it took a helluva long time to get my freebies.  As for a free unlock with 1.2?  Couldn't tell ya.
IvIaster.Us
+-2|6672
yeah I have sf thats why I think I got those freebies....the only reason i am really wondering is because im really bummed because itll take me a year to reach 20,000 because im only on occasionaly, I just want the stupid sniper rifle and after I already used my 2 freebie unlocks i feel like I wasted it even tho i went ahead and unlocked the mg36 or whatever, i just want something thats better than the m95 because its recticule pisses me off
DSRTurtle
+56|6712
Patch related complaint.  It seems that the MEC and PLA troop transport vehicles seem to have weakened hit points.  A missle from the American one followed by a few rounds from the cannon and your dead.  This happened to me on both the PLA and MEC maps I played today.  It seems that the American troop transport doesn't suffer as I hit one with a missle and couldn't make it smoke before I died. 

My stats may suck, but I'm not so bad that I can't kill an APC with another one occassionally.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard