DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6175|Vancouver | Canada
Because listening for the decloak and turning around requires too much effort.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6289
Note the part where I said they always kill me when i'm fighting someone else.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT
What is real class, oh 'master-of-theTF2-universe'?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
evidently not the spy... which is played just about never.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Note the part where I said they always kill me when i'm fighting someone else.
That's kind of their job.

Either way, TF2 isn't that fast-paced that you can't afford a quick 180 and back.

Also: Pyro is a real class, obviously. All the pros play it.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2010-07-18 20:09:03)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

good response oh-enlightened-master, except for the part about not answering the quesiton. what is a real class? the skilless heavy? the rocket spamming soldier and demoman? the medic?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

nukchebi0 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

good response oh-enlightened-master, except for the part about not answering the quesiton. what is a real class? the skilless heavy? the rocket spamming soldier and demoman? the medic?
Yeah, Soldiers are such noobs.

Just look at the faggot. Why can't he l2play TF2?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
loool you sucking off fakkelbrigade

used to play with them all the time... they've really come up these last few seasons... always stoned, always playing.

yes nuk, soldier/demo/medic. all more worthy and skillful classes than spy. all infinitely more useful to a team.

no room for argument, sorry.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5528|America
Watching frag vids always makes me wanna play the class of the guy in the video no matter the game. He's got some sick shots though.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
haaaaa that video was so good

knew literally every team and almost every player

idk? are the biggest ego-failers in euro-tf2... good to see exfane whupping them
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Uzique wrote:

Oh totally.

..or I might just like the video.

Naaah...That couldn't be it.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
just thought it was funny you referred to a european team for once. normally you're prattling on about 2 experiences you've had mixing with us-fags . now all of a sudden you're drawing on my community to show off 'skill' and tf2 prestige - made me smile
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

used to play with them all the time... they've really come up these last few seasons... always stoned, always playing.

yes nuk, soldier/demo/medic. all more worthy and skillful classes than spy. all infinitely more useful to a team.

medic skillful? please. it takes so much prowess at the game to hold down the left mouse button and hit the right button when your buddy tells you. and a soldier airshotting is more "skillful" than a spy that knows how to properly use the spywatches? again, please. good aiming isn't any more impressive or indicative of "skill" than is intelligent playing of a class that would (and does) die quickly if not properly utilized. and how do demos require skill? sticky placement? pipebomb artillery? it sounds like you deride the spy class because you dislike playing it and suck with it, rather than because it is a bad class useless to the team. or am I too unenlightened for your cultured perspectives to make sense?

(basically i see a "pro" airshotting people for six minutes and am expected to believe it is more impressive than a spy who wrecks the attacking team's teleporters and disrupts heavy medic combos while surviving - which seems laughable at best.)

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-07-19 00:12:51)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
The only "prattling" I remember was the screenshot of SolidSnake (TF2 RIP), which was half-sarcastic.

..and I don't care a whole lot when it comes to which community a frag movie is from. Euros just seem to have more/better video editors.

Edit: For the sake of the average "gamer", I hope Nuk is trolling.
Chainstabbing people on a PL cart takes so much skill.

But seriously. I bet I have more hours of Spy than you. (Not proud of it)

Edit2: This is what Nuk aspires to be like.

Pro.

(No one is allowed to link my video..)

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2010-07-19 00:26:44)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6289

nukchebi0 wrote:

What is real class, oh 'master-of-theTF2-universe'?
I didn't say he wasn't a real class. He's certainly the most unique part of TF2.

But he's incredibly annoying and doesn't take much effort to be incredibly annoying, that's what I don't like about him.

I used to think he was perfectly fine before the Sniper vs Spy update. Then it just went so downhill. I've actually played as the Spy for 72.2 hours, but that was mostly from back in the day when playing as Spy was actually a challenge. Back when ammo didn't refill the invis watch, there was only the invis watch, backstabs weren't instant, disguises were useless etc. I found him fun to play because he was hard.

These days there is nothing hard about him. You have an invincibility button, a stay invisible forever button and a run across the entire map while invisible button. Sapping teleporters and using the watches properly? Literally anybody can do these things because of how much they lowered the skill floor in his update.

Anyway enough about the Spy.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the new rocket launcher, buff banner type item, flamethrower and sniper rifle. I'm not looking forward to people being slapped with fish in TF2.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-07-19 02:52:57)

jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

No bad classes really. Game's 10+ year life proves it.

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-07-19 02:48:53)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6760

Soldier and Demoman can only be considered more skillful because they have the slightly more difficult task of predicting where someone is going to be with their rockets and pipes. Motion prediction skills really aren't very hard with practice, especially because on pub, no one ever uses the air to cover ground. These two classes can really fuck shit up, and are just good because they're all rounders

Spy was definitely made easier, and I personally hate the two watches. The dead ringer is just plain annoying, they'll grab one stab, pop it, cloak and absorb fuckloads of damage, and unless you have a jarate, bleed on them, they usually survive. The cloak and dagger promotes shit gameplay in general. That said, spy is still a useful class on public servers. In competitive, theres never any teleporters and it's rather difficult to get consistent stabs on the 6 people who are all communicating. On public but, BLU really gets fucked up on maps like goldrush/bwater/dustbowl (the most common pub maps) without a teleporter.
Pyro still seems like a rather poorly created character. The airblast needed to be added to make them stronger, but at the same time, it really made gameplay annoying (facing a blast pyro with an uber : /)
Heavy is overpowered as fuck on public. Anyone who has the slightest clue mows through people. Natasha is annoying as fuck too.
Medic seems like the class that is most balanced and the most traditional. It's added weapons really maintain the same style of gameplay as the original game (possibly because it was the first update).
Scout is still deadly and very useful in the right hands, which I think is good.
Sniper is annoyingly easy to play, anyone who has basic aim can headshot, and anyone who can't can just use the huntsman.

The polycount update is retarded, because there is so much work that still needs to be done to balance this game out.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489

nukchebi0 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

medic skillful? please. it takes so much prowess at the game to hold down the left mouse button and hit the right button when your buddy tells you. and a soldier airshotting is more "skillful" than a spy that knows how to properly use the spywatches? again, please. good aiming isn't any more impressive or indicative of "skill" than is intelligent playing of a class that would (and does) die quickly if not properly utilized. and how do demos require skill? sticky placement? pipebomb artillery? it sounds like you deride the spy class because you dislike playing it and suck with it, rather than because it is a bad class useless to the team. or am I too unenlightened for your cultured perspectives to make sense?

(basically i see a "pro" airshotting people for six minutes and am expected to believe it is more impressive than a spy who wrecks the attacking team's teleporters and disrupts heavy medic combos while surviving - which seems laughable at best.)
wow you really are fucking CLUELESS.

medic is the hardest class to play in the entire game: he is the centre-piece of every team that holds together the core, keeps the extra classes topped up whilst they go off to frag, and decides MOST IMPORTANTLY when to push, when to defend and when to regroup. the medic is the caller, i.e. he calls out the other team and announces important aspects of the gameplay; the medic is the dictator, i.e. he dictates the pace of the game and normally who wins/loses any given push on any given point; the medic is the TOP target, i.e. the entire other team will want to drop the medic as fast as possible so that they can make their own offensive pushes and/or finish off the rest of the (unhealed) team. the medic is the commander and the absolute keystone of the team-effort. competitive tf2 hangs entirely on the medic being able to do his job 100% so that the other classes can THEN (and then only) do theirs. rocket jumps, fancy-airshots and impressive frag-sprees would mean NOTHING without the guy "holding his left mouse button" and healing the rest of the team. the movement, placing and communication of the medic is by far the number one contributing factor towards who wins or loses a match.

have fun in your 32-man, instant-respawn payload servers though. im sure you feel really good and 'skilled' in there: going around backstabbing all the lower-than-low skill pub-hero snipers and cart-pushers. impressive!!!!111one
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
See, that's the problem with these arguments.

Uzique speaks from...ETF2L experience or something.
I speak from wanabe-comp experience (..lobbies/scrims).
A few people speak from mostly-worth-playing pub servers.
Everyone else speaks from 32 player instaspawn 24/7 [insert shitty map] experience.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
aaaaaand in-order of who experiences and plays the game to its fullest potential, your list goes:

|
|
|
V

Last edited by Uzique (2010-07-19 11:19:58)

SamTheMan
­
+341|5160|Stoke, England
lol
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6761|FUCK UBISOFT

DefCon-17 wrote:

See, that's the problem with these arguments.

Uzique speaks from...ETF2L experience or something.
I speak from wanabe-comp experience (..lobbies/scrims).
A few people speak from mostly-worth-playing pub servers.
Everyone else speaks from 32 player instaspawn 24/7 [insert shitty map] experience.
I've lobbied a few times. Am I worthy?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Uzique wrote:

aaaaaand in-order of who experiences and plays the game to its fullest potential, your list goes:

|
|
|
V
That was kinda the point.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6343|New Haven, CT

Uzique wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

wow you really are fucking CLUELESS.

medic is the hardest class to play in the entire game: he is the centre-piece of every team that holds together the core, keeps the extra classes topped up whilst they go off to frag, and decides MOST IMPORTANTLY when to push, when to defend and when to regroup. the medic is the caller, i.e. he calls out the other team and announces important aspects of the gameplay; the medic is the dictator, i.e. he dictates the pace of the game and normally who wins/loses any given push on any given point; the medic is the TOP target, i.e. the entire other team will want to drop the medic as fast as possible so that they can make their own offensive pushes and/or finish off the rest of the (unhealed) team. the medic is the commander and the absolute keystone of the team-effort. competitive tf2 hangs entirely on the medic being able to do his job 100% so that the other classes can THEN (and then only) do theirs. rocket jumps, fancy-airshots and impressive frag-sprees would mean NOTHING without the guy "holding his left mouse button" and healing the rest of the team. the movement, placing and communication of the medic is by far the number one contributing factor towards who wins or loses a match.

have fun in your 32-man, instant-respawn payload servers though. im sure you feel really good and 'skilled' in there: going around backstabbing all the lower-than-low skill pub-hero snipers and cart-pushers. impressive!!!!111one
So how is a spy who purposefully aims for and assassinates medics (i.e. chooses targets intelligently rather than blindly going for any stab that looks possible not skillful? And the soldier and demos are both marginalized above - are they really that skilled then?

To be perfectly honest, it obvious that I'm not clueless, just that, because you have major insecurity issues, you feel the need to vigorously disagree with anything that contradicts with the teachings of your terribly narrow TF2 experience.

And defcon, your list needs to better differentiate between worthwhile and worthless pub servers. I play 32 man sometimes, but never instant respawn unless it's on 2Fort or I feel like playing mindlessly. Is Dustbowl with 12v12 and regular respawn times "mostly-worth-playing"?

Also, the spy in the video you posted is laughable, because its clear that he is just splicing together instances he got lucky (or he was playing against the biggest set of morons in the TF2 gaming population), and he doesn't have fast weapon switch on. If I wanted to waste a night, I could make something was more "impressive" than that.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-07-19 13:01:29)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6489
worst comeback post of the year ^

my "terribly narrow" tf2 experience? ive played everything you have played- and more. you haven't. duh.

do i really need to tell you why spy is a useless class at anything above low-skill pub free-for-alls? you want an in-depth analysis of why the spy as a class fundamentally fails in the selective, high-skill 6v6 brackets? why spy is inappropriate and not a worthy class in any game where the objective is to win and not whore-backstab points? get out of here.

and my laughing at your clueless absurdity = 'insecurity'? hahahah. okay. seeing pub-hero spies makes me really insecure about my own game!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard