The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6694|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
What the cunty bum fuck tit wank arsehole is this bollocks now? Why aint it in its own fucking thread, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, fucks sake.

Pace, something wrong with you son?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6696|Canberra, AUS

SonderKommando wrote:

uhhh oh..... ROSF.

* does liquid methane smell like shit?  Could Titan posses the REAL bog of eternal stench?
no. odourless.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5199|Sydney

pace51 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Plus pace, people aren't posting new facts everyday. People post those topics about once every few months. You are posting them regularly and against what the mods asked you to do.
I'm not looking to get banned, just to post interesting stuff. Pleas, I naturally post like crazy, not to spite anyone. Umm, while we're on this? What do you people want to know more about? or just stuff you wouldn't normally find out about on wikipedia and google?
RWF about pace51
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6681|The darkside of Denver

King_County_Downy wrote:

People on this forum wnt to know how to get laid in 30 minutes or less.

go.
Be like Sonder. 

done.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5194|Markham, Ontario

SonderKommando wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

go.
Be like Sonder. 

done.
Come on, got anything more original than that? ;P
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6681|The darkside of Denver

pace51 wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

go.
Be like Sonder. 

done.
how's this?

Thurs. May  27/10                               SonderKommando
Pulsars:  The Cosmic Death Star

https://cdn.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/2005/PulsarsCurrent.jpg

Pulsars, they were first discovered in 1967 by a pair of scientists Jocelyn Bell Burnell and Anthony Hewish.  Initially the pair were baffled by the strange emissions coming form this celestial body and dubbed the discovery LGM or "Little Green Men".  See it was believed at by the pair that the pulsars were actually beacons used by advanced extraterrestrial civilizations. 

This theory is most likely as far from the truth as you'd be inclined to believe.  So if the pulsar is not a beacon used by alien races, then what is it?  The pulsar is the result of a very massive star that has gone supernova.  After the explosion of the supernova event the star collapsed into a very dense star called a neutron star. Now, this newly formed neutron star maintains its angular momentum while shrinking to a significantly smaller radius than what it was before supernova. Therefore, it spins pretty quickly.  The pulsar itlsef emits a beam of radiation from its magnetic axis which rotates along the axis of the neutron star.

The magnetic axis that the radiation beam originates from is not aligned directly with the stars axis which allows for the radiation beam to be seen only once per rotation of the neutron star.

What would happen if one of these beams were to come into contact with a life supporting planet?  Good this wonder of the universe be the Real World Equivalent of the famed Death Star? 

https://astronomy2009.ie/_Media/pulsar3.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5199|Sydney

Jaekus wrote:

RWF about pace51
Cmon dude, how many times need I ask? It fits the category "cannot be googled/wikipedia'd"
pace51
Boom?

SonderKommando wrote:

pace51 wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Be like Sonder. 

done.
how's this?

Thurs. May  27/10                               SonderKommando
Pulsars:  The Cosmic Death Star

http://cdn.physorg.com/newman/gfx/news/ … urrent.jpg

Pulsars, they were first discovered in 1967 by a pair of scientists Jocelyn Bell Burnell and Anthony Hewish.  Initially the pair were baffled by the strange emissions coming form this celestial body and dubbed the discovery LGM or "Little Green Men".  See it was believed at by the pair that the pulsars were actually beacons used by advanced extraterrestrial civilizations. 

This theory is most likely as far from the truth as you'd be inclined to believe.  So if the pulsar is not a beacon used by alien races, then what is it?  The pulsar is the result of a very massive star that has gone supernova.  After the explosion of the supernova event the star collapsed into a very dense star called a neutron star. Now, this newly formed neutron star maintains its angular momentum while shrinking to a significantly smaller radius than what it was before supernova. Therefore, it spins pretty quickly.  The pulsar itlsef emits a beam of radiation from its magnetic axis which rotates along the axis of the neutron star.

The magnetic axis that the radiation beam originates from is not aligned directly with the stars axis which allows for the radiation beam to be seen only once per rotation of the neutron star.

What would happen if one of these beams were to come into contact with a life supporting planet?  Good this wonder of the universe be the Real World Equivalent of the famed Death Star? 

http://astronomy2009.ie/_Media/pulsar3.jpg
Now THATS what I'm talking about
+1 WIN
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6489

SonderKommando wrote:

uhhh oh..... ROSF.

* does liquid methane smell like shit?  Could Titan posses the REAL bog of eternal stench?
Methane doesn't smell like anything.

You're really smelling the sulfur that usually goes with it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6559|Long Island, New York
Quasars are the shit. I'm in an Astronomy class now and besides the boring way my teacher teaches it, it's incredibly interesting.

And why didn't you add Europa? As Neil DeGrasse Tyson put it best, "I'd love to stick a camera through the ice of Europa and have something come up and lick it".
bennisboy
+829|6667|Poundland

Poseidon wrote:

Quasars are the shit. I'm in an Astronomy class now and besides the boring way my teacher teaches it, it's incredibly interesting.

And why didn't you add Europa? As Neil DeGrasse Tyson put it best, "I'd love to stick a camera through the ice of Europa and have something come up and lick it".
Protip: Camera is slang for penis
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6559|Long Island, New York

bennisboy wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You're a sick fuck. You sick fuck.
bennisboy
+829|6667|Poundland

Poseidon wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You're a sick fuck. You sick fuck.
hey, Tyson said it, dont blame me!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6622|132 and Bush

Moons are not in outer space. Outer space is what is between them.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
pace51
Boom?

Kmarion wrote:

Sorry?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6622|132 and Bush

An outer space fact would not include moons.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6793|PNW

No Europa? Fail.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-06-02 15:39:21)

pace51
Boom?

Kmarion wrote:

Well, next time... well hypothetical next time: Real Not Within 5 km of Earth Facts
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6616|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

pace51 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Well, next time... well hypothetical next time: Real Not Within 5 km of Earth Facts
or you could be not a fucking idiot and call it the "universe."
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6622|132 and Bush

pace51 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Permission to use the word Astronomy granted.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6714
vice-presents
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6793|PNW

pace51 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sorry?

Kmarion wrote:

Outer space is space, guys. Sorry, Kmarion.
pace51
Boom?

Kmarion wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Real Astronomy Hypothetical Facts. Nice. Has a ring to it.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6616|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

pace51 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Real Astronomy Hypothetical Facts. Nice. Has a ring to it.
sounds gay, god hates fags.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6793|PNW

Expanding on my above post, there's geospace, interplanetary, interstellar and intergalactic regions. There is no 'outer space' that exists apart from space.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-06-02 15:42:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard