FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6734|Devon, England
I'm sorry, but all of you people who have problems with these so called 'trolls' are just being ridiculous.

Just scroll past, or don't click the topic. If it's that bad, you should be able to easily ignore it. I do these a lot with quite a few members that I can't stand to read the same, recycled crap off of.

I can completely see Ty's point of view, here. You're all over-reacting like a bunch of school girls.
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6166|West Aus

Ty wrote:

*facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk*
^ this
phishsux
­
+131|5175
ignore member function plz
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6785|FUCK UBISOFT

War Man wrote:

Miggle wrote:

War Man wrote:

WTF am I doing wrong? I'm playing defence here and on your side for fucksake
Ty isn't on a side, and if anything, he would be on your side, not the other way around.
He's on the "what's the problem side" Oh and again I asked to be host for nearly a fucking year it was about time I was host
We're on the "you're the problem" side, you're on the "I'm not the problem" side, and Ty is on the "There's a problem?" side
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6757|Purplicious Wisconsin

VicktorVauhn wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

phishsux wrote:

yall take this shit way too seriously
I know... internet is serious business right?

Well guess what, in some ways, and to some degree.... it is.
At the very least it is not your personal playground.

What the hell is the difference between the internet and talking to people in real life? Its all just people talking to each other isn't it?
Serious question, anyone have an answer?
Well lets see. imagine bf2s a house, the rooms the forums, and tables the threads and ask yourself "Would the members act this way if discussions were person to person?". I did and I simply said no
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6750|67.222.138.85
Making War Man the OP of EE Chat was

Miggle wrote:

entirely partially motivated by shits and giggles.
because

phishsux wrote:

As with pace, War Man was one of the many who wanted to make the thread, one of the few who actually asked, and a good choice to give a member that usually gets nothing but grief a bit of pleasure from the site. "Pissing off" people as a result was an amusing side effect. I put quotes around that because if anyone is actually angered, I mean really riled up, because one person on the internet started a monthly spam thread, the OP of which is seen maybe three times before it goes to page two...lol. Fix your priorities.

@Ty

A lot of members think they are essentially above BF2S law because they are the faces here every day. They think they own it because they squat here. They think they're "respected" because all the other squatters give them lots of karma. They like to ostracize people, that and patting each other on their back is what makes up their BF2S existence.
War Man

Miggle wrote:

War Man wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Ty isn't on a side, and if anything, he would be on your side, not the other way around.
He's on the "what's the problem side" Oh and again I asked to be host for nearly a fucking year it was about time I was host
We're on the "you're the problem" side, you're on the "I'm not the problem" side, and Ty is on the "There's a problem?" side
Ok I can live with that
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6785|FUCK UBISOFT

War Man wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

I know... internet is serious business right?

Well guess what, in some ways, and to some degree.... it is.
At the very least it is not your personal playground.

What the hell is the difference between the internet and talking to people in real life? Its all just people talking to each other isn't it?
Serious question, anyone have an answer?
Well lets see. imagine bf2s a house, the rooms the forums, and tables the threads and ask yourself "Would the members act this way if discussions were person to person?". I did and I simply said no
Imagine bf2s is a house, there's a party going on, and you're hanging out with your friends, when the short bus breaks down outside and a bunch of retards come pouring in.

Party's over.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6676

wow so war man gets grief so the mods suck him off?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6734|Devon, England
It's called sympathy.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6785|FUCK UBISOFT

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Making War Man the OP of EE Chat was

Miggle wrote:

entirely partially motivated by shits and giggles.
because

phishsux wrote:

As with pace, War Man was one of the many who wanted to make the thread, one of the few who actually asked, and a good choice to give a member that usually gets nothing but grief a bit of pleasure from the site. "Pissing off" people as a result was an amusing side effect. I put quotes around that because if anyone is actually angered, I mean really riled up, because one person on the internet started a monthly spam thread, the OP of which is seen maybe three times before it goes to page two...lol. Fix your priorities.

@Ty

A lot of members think they are essentially above BF2S law because they are the faces here every day. They think they own it because they squat here. They think they're "respected" because all the other squatters give them lots of karma. They like to ostracize people, that and patting each other on their back is what makes up their BF2S existence.
Maybe they got pissed off because the mods were favoring a member who gets nothing but grief here. Maybe he gets nothing but grief for a reason. Maybe somebody who gets nothing but grief is a detriment to a community. Maybe putting a person such as that above members who get along with each other is a bad idea.

Maybe bf2s is a miserably failed social experiment.
phishsux
­
+131|5175
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/picc84/03e297805251b807d6f672dd09a4a0b5.gif
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6676

FFLink wrote:

It's called sympathy.
it's called a rimjob
Flaming_Maniac
Yeah, we have jack shit reason to favor anybody. It's not as if we actually know pace IRL. If anything we favor regulars.

But, when authority figures don't go your way, say it's unjust. That's pretty much how the world works.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6512
The EE chat OP debate is stupid and pointless. I'll agree with you there Ty. Getting to OP EE Chat is not really an honor, sure it's cool but it doesn't represent status or anything. That's why the mods thought it'd be fun to troll you fags by giving it to Melvin. If it was such a great honor, then how BF2s' most prestigious member has never gotten this honor?

Now for my real point,

But Ty I hope you realize that aside from Epic-Fail-Guys like pace, BF2s is completely function (save DST, but that's never been functional). The forums are fine until pace enters a thread and makes his stupid, inane comment that breaks the flow of the thread and causing everyone who is tired of his bullshit to rage at him.

As for his own threads, the "don't like it, don't read it" line doesn't hold up at all. Threads are closed because they are in some way damaging to the community, often rage or trolling getting out of hand. Mods close these threads so that the members causing problems can calm the fuck down, and the failed thread can fall to the bottom of the boards where it is never seen again. Also these poor quality threads bump down superior threads, most members don't browse down past the first page of a sub-forum, so if there are a large amount of low quality threads on the first page, then that's what they will read.

pace has probably the poorest net post quality of any of the currently active members. -Sh1tfy- is at least good for a few laughs, as are DST's usual gang of idiots. And War Man doesn't epic fail with that many of his posts anymore. But pace has, to my knowledge, failed to make a single high quality post. Heck, I don't even think I've ever seen a mediocre post from him. Now before his defenders say "his RWF is good" know that this is a forum, not an encyclopedia, and topics are to be made that create some sort of discussion. Read the official RWF thread, 90% of it is either pace writing some random "facts" down, or people telling him to write other facts about other things.

pace is not funny, he's not cool. He acts like he's one of us and yet no one accepts him. Miggle said it best, he's like a kid with a social disorder trying to fit in with socially competent people, and causing awkward annoyance as a result.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6541

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

@Ty

i disagree, and i've stated why elsewhere.

i'll publish this for the record; i have liked what bf2s.com was 'becoming', after my eye surgery i didn't game as much yet there are

Sports
Graphics
Tech

and

the Junk Drawer. yes, Kmarion once said i spend most my time there and i do, it's where i've gotten to know members and share about myself.
is it a blog? no, i have one and know the difference. i say 'hi' and cya later to people all over the world.

for me this mess wasn't about pace51, it was about pace51 and androoz and others who have no social skills and bring that skill set to

bf2s.com
Flaming_Maniac
The thing is, these people have no power. It's not as if they are mods abusing their power or something to kill the site. These people feed off of attention. If pace51 made a hundred threads in two days and they got <5 replies, you can bet your ass they would stop. Instead, people feel the need to try to insult these people, to drive them off, to ban themselves in order to get these other people banned.

They are winning so fucking hard with absolutely no power it is ridiculous. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. A little self-restraint and the issue would inevitably swing to your favor, and the mods wouldn't have ban people because we don't like them.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6785|FUCK UBISOFT

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The thing is, these people have no power. It's not as if they are mods abusing their power or something to kill the site. These people feed off of attention. If pace51 made a hundred threads in two days and they got <5 replies, you can bet your ass they would stop. Instead, people feel the need to try to insult these people, to drive them off, to ban themselves in order to get these other people banned.

They are winning so fucking hard with absolutely no power it is ridiculous. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. A little self-restraint and the issue would inevitably swing to your favor, and the mods wouldn't have ban people because we don't like them.
What you've described is a virus. These members are feeding on us, getting the attention they require, and killing the community.

You're our immune system, but you're completely incompetent. Rooting for the virus.

Shouldn't we have a vaccine by now from the infections of cdog and Androo?

Last edited by Miggle (2010-05-19 20:32:41)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6818|Noizyland

Miggle wrote:

Maybe they got pissed off because the mods were favoring a member who gets nothing but grief here. Maybe he gets nothing but grief for a reason. Maybe somebody who gets nothing but grief is a detriment to a community. Maybe putting a person such as that above members who get along with each other is a bad idea.

Maybe bf2s is a miserably failed social experiment.
I've heard that kind of thing before. When I was twelve and picked on by bullies. Let me just say that I HATED bullies at school and I tolerate them no better now in my 20s.

No-one deserves to be bullied, I'd just like to put that out there.

Now Burnzz has a point, you don't want people coming in and messing up a conversation. I'm afraid to say you only really have one option - ignore them. The thread/conversation dosn't get thrown off by one person, it's people responding to that person. I don't see how the kind of things you guys talk about can be thrown off so easily by one or two people if you just ignore them. FM's right, these problems have a way of solving themselves.

Mig - show some fucking responsibility. We as moderators have no control over what you respond to and you're right, you should be immune to that kind of thing by now. Why aren't you?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
War Man
Seriously guys, you have a go at pace and not look at yourselves.
Flaming_Maniac
The cure is learning how to ignore the motherfuckers. It's not that hard. Elementary school kids have figured this out centuries ago.

These are auto-immune. They aren't breaking the rules.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6676

bitch please
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5745|College Park, MD
BF2s needs an ignore function
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6569|South Florida
Im a well-respected contributing member and im not jizzing all over EE
15 more years! 15 more years!
War Man
A random visitor comes.

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

BF2s needs an ignore function
BF2s needs to man the fuck up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard