BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6811
The other thread was locked so I started another.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/04 … z0liVe6BIc

Interesting to see a point of view from someone who was on the ground.
ruisleipa
+149|6265|teh FIN-land
very interesting.
13rin
+977|6522
Oh they had weapons eh?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6572|Global Command
The video in question reminded me of toykio rose and other propaganda machines.

It was designed to stir up those who don't understand war and didn't think we should be there in the first place.

It was utterly unworthy of comment, let alone a forty page thread.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5280|Cleveland, Ohio

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Oh they had weapons eh?
nah.  cameras.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5302|foggy bottom
flowers
Tu Stultus Es
ruisleipa
+149|6265|teh FIN-land

ATG wrote:

It was designed to stir up those who don't understand war and didn't think we should be there in the first place.

well, that's not quite true. it was an unedited direct recording. how is it propaganda?
13rin
+977|6522

11 Bravo wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Oh they had weapons eh?
nah.  cameras.
Cameras shaped like RPG's...

eleven bravo wrote:

flowers
Maybe I was onto something.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p3091301

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-04-22 15:41:31)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+795|6727|United States of America

ruisleipa wrote:

ATG wrote:

well, that's not quite true. it was an unedited direct recording. how is it propaganda?
It was edited to draw your attention away from the fact that there were weapons among those folks and to make it seem as though the Apache pilots were sadistic beasts.
CC-Marley
+407|6871
Not this again....rolls eyes.
ruisleipa
+149|6265|teh FIN-land
Aye well we discussed it enough before but it was an interesting link in this thread and its also itneresting that the more belligerent members of the forum seem to have quite different viewpoints of this particular soldier, who apparently has some kind of conscience...unlike the aforementioned members of this forum...

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-04-23 00:26:13)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5516|Ventura, California
Interesting read. I hope this clears up a few things for a few people around here.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6528|England

ATG wrote:

Bullshit, I understand what needs to be done there, I've been to Iraq and when they engage the truck that's picking up the wounded it is nothing more than Murder by some fucking nuts in the helicopter as there absolutely no threat to life and no reason to engage it.
ruisleipa
+149|6265|teh FIN-land

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Interesting read. I hope this clears up a few things for a few people around here.
including you.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5516|Ventura, California

ruisleipa wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

including you.
Actually I was referring to you and LostFate.

FYI I don't agree with engaging the van either, but questioning the engagement of the first group of armed individuals is stupid.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2010-04-23 01:23:10)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
11 Bravo
Banned

LostFate wrote:

ATG wrote:

Bullshit, I understand what needs to be done there, I've been to Iraq and when they engage the truck that's picking up the wounded it is nothing more than Murder by some fucking nuts in the helicopter as there absolutely no threat to life and no reason to engage it.
oh you have been there?  where?  what year?  what base?  what was your job?
LostFate
+95|6528|England

11 Bravo wrote:

LostFate wrote:

ATG wrote:

oh you have been there?  where?  what year?  what base?  what was your job?
lol,I don't have to prove myself to you fucknut, however since you will no doubt try and denounce me otherwise, i will.

Basra , COB contingency operating base , 6 month tour from November 2008 till April 09 , what was my job? none in specific i was infantry 5th battalion The Rifles we were mostly there to patrol the ground around Basra and the waterway around what we called Leaf island.

two people died that tour one was a rifleman who committed suicide and the other was an Iraqi worker who died when the base was hit my mortar fire he jumped under a JCB for cover and the JCB took a direct hit about 30 meters away from me.
11 Bravo
Banned
so you were never in urban combat or called in CAS?
LostFate
+95|6528|England

-Sh1fty- wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

including you.
Actually I was referring to you and LostFate.

FYI I don't agree with engaging the van either, but questioning the engagement of the first group of armed individuals is stupid.
As i have posted before shifty i agree that the first engagement is justified but engaging the van is not.
11 Bravo
Banned
that guy was not wounded, he was dead.  and they were only grabbing that one dead guy.  they were cleaning the scene.  you calling it murder makes me question you.
LostFate
+95|6528|England

11 Bravo wrote:

that guy was not wounded, he was dead.  and they were only grabbing that one dead guy.  they were cleaning the scene.  you calling it murder makes me question you.
I'm sorry if my conscience offends you, i call it how i see it and i don't see a reason to engage the Van, you say there cleaning up there scene as if to get rid of the evidence that they had fire arms correct? yet the Apache TI caught the whole scene on film.
11 Bravo
Banned

LostFate wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

I'm sorry if my conscience offends you, i call it how i see it and i don't see a reason to engage the Van, you say there cleaning up there scene as if to get rid of the evidence that they had fire arms correct? yet the Apache TI caught the whole scene on film.
no...not clean the weapons...although if they had the time they would.  its a common tactic.  clear out the know insurgents and leave the other people behind to make it look like they just killed some innocent civies.
LostFate
+95|6528|England

11 Bravo wrote:

LostFate wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

no...not clean the weapons...although if they had the time they would.  its a common tactic.  clear out the know insurgents and leave the other people behind to make it look like they just killed some innocent civies.
That wouldn't be a problem because as i said before the Apache TI caught the who thing on film.

The first engagement is fine with me there trying to set up an ambush wax them all. but the Van is no threat what so ever and there's no reason to engage its as simple as that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard