phishsux
­
+131|5153
i currently have this watch, but im getting rid of it. its too heavy, and i dont like that the second hand isnt a second hand. my question is: are all chronograph watches like that (the second hand not really being a second hand)? the seconds are counted on one of the 3 small circles, but im ocd, and i want my second hand to be a second hand
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6648|UK
What is it if it isn't a second hand?
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6762|OctoLand
A Rolex is the solution
I know fucking karate
phishsux
­
+131|5153
a timer (?). theres a button on the side to start and stop it and another one to reset it to 0
phishsux
­
+131|5153
shouldnt the little 3 circles be the chronograph? i have no clue why they would design it like they did
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6648|UK
So the hand point at 7 o'clock in that pic only goes round when you start the stopwatch? That seems illogical to me, but then again: I've never owned a watch.

I'm sure there are plenty of watches that do what you want. I'd say you're better off going in to a shop and seeing which does what - kinda hard to tell on the internet.
phishsux
­
+131|5153

liquidat0r wrote:

So the hand point at 7 o'clock in that pic only goes round when you start the stopwatch? That seems illogical to me, but then again: I've never owned a watch.

I'm sure there are plenty of watches that do what you want. I'd say you're better off going in to a shop and seeing which does what - kinda hard to tell on the internet.
yep, pretty ghey, eh
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6518

liquidat0r wrote:

I've never owned a watch.
so today, your phone will tell you what time it is, there's a handy little clock on the computer, but i find the statement above fascinating - i've owned wristwatches, pocket watches, and briefly even a digital chronograph.

maybe it's a generation thing, but i've always felt naked when i wasn't wearing a watch . . .
baggs
+732|6225

liquidat0r wrote:

Liquidator still thinks its 1993.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6127|eXtreme to the maX
Don't really see the point of expensive watches, mine always get wrecked, bloke jewellery is gay TBH.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
phishsux
­
+131|5153
[ ] $200 is an expensive watch
phishsux
­
+131|5153
gay says the douche who goes to britney spears and lady gaga concerts. good stuff
phishsux
­
+131|5153

burnzz wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

so today, your phone will tell you what time it is, there's a handy little clock on the computer, but i find the statement above fascinating - i've owned wristwatches, pocket watches, and briefly even a digital chronograph.

maybe it's a generation thing, but i've always felt naked when i wasn't wearing a watch . . .
so any knowledge on my question?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6648|UK

burnzz wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Well, I suppose that statement isn't quite true. I have owned a few but I've broken all of them within a few weeks of owning them. I find them quite annoying. And yeah, I use my phone/ipod as a watch.

I can't even work out which wrist I'd wear I watch on. Being mostly ambidextrous.
Benzin
+576|6020
All chronographs will be like that - at least every single one I have owned has been. If you want a chronograph, be prepared to deal with it otherwise buy a normal watch...

@liq: that picture on Amazon is of the "counting" hand during a rotation. Normally the counting hand is centered on the 12. If it isn't like that when you receive it, it's quite easy to fix. You reset the counting hand to its reset position should it not be the 12 for whatever reason by default, start the count and when it reaches twelve, you pull the small knob on the side all the way out which causes the watch to stop working so you can set the time. This will also stop the counting hand. Then you just put it back in and let the watch continue as normal. Start a count, stop the count and reset it and the counting hand should return to the 12.

If you don't have a watch, you don't know what proper style is.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2010-04-12 06:57:15)

phishsux
­
+131|5153
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6127|eXtreme to the maX

phishsux wrote:

gay says the douche who goes to britney spears and lady gaga concerts. good stuff
I don't wear jewellery though.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
phishsux
­
+131|5153
jewelry*
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6758|Oxferd Ohire
both are right..
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
phishsux
­
+131|5153
any colour you like
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6518

for the past twenty years i've only bought swiss army watches.

two of them, and a third i own was custom made for wife (it says "Coca-Cola" between the 8 and the 4).

liquidat0r wrote:

I have owned a few but I've broken all of them within a few weeks of owning them.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ … swiss+army

the only thing i've broken is the band, easily replaceable. the first one has a nasty scratch across the lense, from climbing rocks . . .
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6589|NYC / Hamburg

mine is like that. Afaik all Chronographs are like that.

For the record, I've never broken a watch
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
phishsux
­
+131|5153
sick watch man
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6495|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I had a nice Adidas watch but it are broken now since -07
phishsux
­
+131|5153

max wrote:

mine is like that. Afaik all Chronographs are like that.

For the record, I've never broken a watch
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/102/m … ch-756360/

that one is way sicker, though

here is my other watch:

https://www.bluedial.com/images/Items/72700.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard