BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6813|London UK

I was just sitting in the back of a blackhwak the other day, chucking out ammo packs for anyone that might need ammo below, and I was wondering, how many can you actually drop before they start dissapearing?

Same with medic bags and c4 etc, anyone know?
{USI}_Zombie
+11|6814
Five
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6752
you can drop way more than 5... although i'm not so sure about how many
Home
Section.80
+447|6888|Seattle, Washington, USA

I think it's around 10 for C4, but I don't know about the other ones.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6745|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

if there is a resupply guy, you can drop as many c4 as you want and 8 or 10 i think before they replace themselves

however, dropping stuff out of blackhawk is illegal now...
DSRTurtle
+56|6726
You can drop 5 Ammo or Medic bags at one time before you have to wait a short time before you can start dropping some more.  However, they is a reload bar on them so you if you time right you can keep dropping all round long.  Spec Ops guys only carry 5 C4 packs before they run out and have to resupply somehow.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-02-12 12:34:55)

Festu
Shoozabalooza
+29|6689
Why you don't just check it in single player, drop supply near and start throwing c4, medic bags, ammo bags nearby and watch when they start disapear.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6773|Oslo, Norway

mr.widdim wrote:

if there is a resupply guy, you can drop as many c4 as you want and 8 or 10 i think before they replace themselves

enjoy using the mini guns while you can, it will soon only be alowed to point them at stuff
wingman358
The Original
+11|6695

DSRTurtle wrote:

You can drop 5 Ammo or Medic bags at one time before you have to wait a short time before you can start dropping some more.  However, they is a reload bar on them so you if you time right you can keep dropping all round long.  Spec Ops guys only carry 5 C4 packs before they run out and have to resupply somehow.
DSR, he means after you've dropped your original 5 and after you've resupplied.

Anyways, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the ammo / med packs might be on a timer rather than on how many you've dropped. I have no idea about the c4.
DSRTurtle
+56|6726
You can drop a million of them if the round lasts long enough for you to do it.  I think I threw about a 100 of each out of the blackhawk on mashtuur city in effort to get my vet first aid and vet resupply badges.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-02-12 12:49:32)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6725|Espoo, Finland

WilhelmSissener wrote:

mr.widdim wrote:

enjoy using the mini guns while you can, it will soon only be alowed to point them at stuff
Anyone else concerned about the where the rank system is going?
New rules are coming out of nowhere. They seem to have forgotten the purpose of video games: to have fun...
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6846|The planet Tophet

DSRTurtle wrote:

You can drop a million of them if the round lasts long enough for you to do it.  I think I threw about a 100 of each out of the blackhawk on mashtuur city in effort to get my vet first aid and vet resupply badges.
did it work?
Kolhozik
+38|6706|Phila, PA

washow wrote:

ONLY 5 !!!! after 5 bags or C4s they replace them self, unless someone picks up one of your ammo/medic bags. same goes for C4, if you planted 5 C4s, resupplied yourself, and planted another five before detonating the first 5, you are just gonna replace them. i tried that shit when i was trying to cap factory at karkand, i planted 2 C4s on scanner, 2 on UAV, got resupplied by support guy, and planted 4 more on the artilery tubes, i wanted to blow everything at once, so that MEC commander doesnt arty me. and guess what happened when i detonated the C4s? only arty tubes got destroyed. So, its ONLY 5 AT A TIME.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6690
idk about med and ammo packs but i do know that you cannot place more then your defalut (5) C4 at once. My clan and i found this out when we were making our stunt video.  supply crates are only there to give you more C4, not to plant more before the defaults have been detonated.

Kolzik beat me to it

Last edited by Trigger_Happy_92 (2006-02-12 12:56:54)

DSRTurtle
+56|6726

*TS*tphai wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

did it work?
Yes it did.  I got both, but in seperate rounds.  When you don't die, you can't change kits. 
[BambiKillerz]Brian
+1|6744

washow wrote:

ITS FIVE DONT LISTEN TO HIM@!!
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6731
after you drop your sixth the first one your dropped disappear and so on
sysfried
+0|6863|Stuttgart, Germany
Crap. I drop more than 5 packs of ammo.... and they don't dissapear......
DSRTurtle
+56|6726
Remeber I was dropping them the whole round.  So it is possible that some of them did disappear.  I was dropping them from the blackhawk, so I don't know if they did or did not disappear. But to get the vet and expert badges you have to throw them everywhere when you get the chance.  Yes you will get some points from giving out ammo or healing in other ways as well.  It's not stat padding dropping ammo packs and medic packs for teammates in any squad or lonewolves to pick up in the "active combat zone" when they need them.  Everyone knows that on some maps, i.e. karkand you need a lot of medic bags around the hotel area because of the intense fighting.  A person is healed or resupplied much quicker by running over a bag rather than you holding it next to them.  By tossing all your bags at the start you free yourself up for combat until such time as you can throw some more out for teammates to run over.

Additional Note:

I know they don't disappear.  I thew 5 down when I was helping a Spec Ops in my squad blow up enemy assets.  After he grabbed one, I thew down 5 more.  We used another 5 of those between us before we both died from the enemy attack chopper.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-02-13 05:06:50)

alf.ha
+5|6780|Berlin/Germany
Lol how long do most of u play BF2, that u don't know this basics????

1. as Kolhozik said: drop 6 ammo/health bags or c4 and the first will disappear, so only 5 of them will always stay till somebody takes a bag, till u detonate ur c4 or till u die (after ca. 1 minute or so everything will disappear)

2. when u drop ur ammo/health bags as fast as u can u will be able to throw only 3 health and 4 ammo bags at one time, then u have to wait till the bags reload themselves

Last edited by alf.ha (2006-02-13 05:55:06)

PHaze
+0|6756
i'm sure with C4 & AT-mines :
u can place 5 at same time and as mentioned before when u place 6th pack of C4 the first placed vanishes.

i'm not sure with medipacks and supply packs but i think u can drop an infinite number of them.
even if u change the kit u will get the points for resupply / heal someone with the dropped down stuff long after u dropped it.
Crazyfool_OA
+12|6803|Gloucester - UK
It's 5 maximum. you can throw 5 down on the floor and run around with one in your hand, but as soon as you throw that one down, the first one will dissapear. Think about it, if they allowed infinite medi packs and ammo bags to be thrown down, the hotel area of karkand would be about 3ft deep in the bloody things after 30 seconds on a 64 player server.
PHaze
+0|6756
damn i hate it - you are right!
i tested it with medis in singleplayer and with the 6th pack the first vanished.
never realized it in multiplayer cos i rarely drop so many at on spot...
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6861|Belgium

alf.ha wrote:

Lol how long do most of u play BF2, that u don't know this basics????

1. as Kolhozik said: drop 6 ammo/health bags or c4 and the first will disappear, so only 5 of them will always stay till somebody takes a bag, till u detonate ur c4 or till u die (after ca. 1 minute or so everything will disappear)

2. when u drop ur ammo/health bags as fast as u can u will be able to throw only 3 health and 4 ammo bags at one time, then u have to wait till the bags reload themselves
This is the only correct answer.
You can throw an infinite number of bags or C4 (if you have support along for the ride), but only the last 5 will remain in the game.

Same is for about everything in the game; the amount of visible bullet holes you made is also limited (I'd say 20 or so, but don't quote me on that), the amount of supply crates is also limited.

Cheers,
R

Ps.: if you think it is something else, go online to a non-hacked server, and try it!
DSRTurtle
+56|6726
Keep throwing them though.  Cause you never know when someone's going to need one.  I usually throw all but my last one.  Then go off into combat or where ever i'm needed to help.  When I can I throw more packs out. rinse and repeat.  It adds up when you least expect it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard