Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6803

I know it's just a game, but think of it this way:

In reality, lets say you and your squad are returning to base in some karkand-like city. You go down another alley alone to see if it's shorter, and an MEC (or equivalent) is there, and starts firing at you. You quickly kill him with your M203, he dies and you suffer minor irritation from shrapnel and what not.

Instead of being disowned as a cheap little fuck, you'd be a hero amongst your fellow soldiers for going head on against an enemy and killing him with no assistance. You might even be recognized by some higher officials, a promotion or even a medal coming near.

Just think about that.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6801

Yep, but most of the people bitching about never handled a M203 or some other type of GL, so they have no fucking clue what they are talking about.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6873
A soldier wouldn't go down an unknown alley alone. and also, the M203 round wouldn't expload that close in real life.  On top of that, soldiers don't run around with their GL ready to fire, that's just stupid.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6778|The Hague, Netherlands

some diffrents, then a guy that runs, shoots a granade and misses and then starts bunnyhopping and dolphin diving like a giant retard, or shoots and kills himself too.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Janysc
+59|6723|Norway
I'm not sure what you're trying to say except, "Don't change the GL!"

It will be changed. Too late to stop it.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6787|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

A soldier wouldn't go down an unknown alley alone. and also, the M203 round wouldn't expload that close in real life.  On top of that, soldiers don't run around with their GL ready to fire, that's just stupid.
maybe the round would go through the dude who got fired at?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6801

A good friend of mine who was in Iraq with me, ran out of 5.56 ammo for his M203, but had an assload of 203 rounds left, and since there was no time to get more ammo or even ask for it, he just shot all his 203 rounds at various targets.  Some of the shots he was stationary, but some were also on the move, and yes two of them blew up fairly close because he got trigger happy.
sparklet
Banned

usmarine2005 wrote:

A good friend of mine who was in Iraq with me, ran out of 5.56 ammo for his M203, but had an assload of 203 rounds left, and since there was no time to get more ammo or even ask for it, he just shot all his 203 rounds at various targets.  Some of the shots he was stationary, but some were also on the move, and yes two of them blew up fairly close because he got trigger happy.
did you fire your tube or your gun??
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6873

sparklet wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

It would probably injure him, but I doubt it would go through him. but why do that (and have a high chance of missing) when you could just fire off a burst of your M16 and drop him.
sparklet
Banned

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

sparklet wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

It would probably injure him, but I doubt it would go through him. but why do that (and have a high chance of missing) when you could just fire off a burst of your M16 and drop him.
yeh but say your OUT of ammo??
would it hit him and drop to the ground or it hit him and he would go "ouch die marine"
i was thinking it migh go through a guy with no armor
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6756

usmarine2005 wrote:

in conclusion: the GL is for uber pros.

but i do have to rant about ppl killing themselves and me w/ it
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6873

sparklet wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

sparklet wrote:

would it hit him and drop to the ground or it hit him and he would go "ouch die marine"
Considering I have no experience with one, I don't know. I'm just thinking logically.
sparklet
Banned

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

sparklet wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Considering I have no experience with one, I don't know. I'm just thinking logically.
i guess so too but i thouht the force might and possibly heat could pierce the skin??
in the movie blackhawk down the dude fired his GL and the tube was full of smoke and steam
EDIT: or possibly stun him and wip out ur pistol to finish him off???????

Last edited by sparklet (2006-02-11 07:48:06)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6801

sparklet wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

did you fire your tube or your gun??
I had the SMAW, I was just launching rockets.
sparklet
Banned
cool
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6873

sparklet wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

sparklet wrote:

i guess so too but i thouht the force might and possibly heat could pierce the skin??
in the movie blackhawk down the dude fired his GL and the tube was full of smoke and steam
well, if the GL stunned him, I'd beat him with the butt of my M16
fannwong00
+6|6732|Paris, France (Sporean)
I was a M203 gunner in the army. The trigger for firing the the grenade launcher is located forward of the magazine and it is very very hard to have the GL 'hanging' out ready to fire at all times. To fire the GL, you have to position it, aim with the the front GL sight and adjust the firing angle rear GL sight to compensate for distance. The arming distance is definitely more than 10meters (can't remember exactly how far but it is far enough). All this takes more than 5sec and it's used more as a support weapon for a squad.

Yes, its is front heavy and there is no way you can jump and fire it on the go.

Best

Last edited by fannwong00 (2006-02-11 08:04:43)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6873

fannwong00 wrote:

I was a M203 gunner in the army. The trigger for firing the the grenade launcher is located forward of the magazine and it is very very hard to have the GL 'hanging' out ready to fire at all times. To fire the GL, you have to position it, aim with the the front GL sight and adjust the firing angle rear GL sight to compensate for distance. The arming distance is definitely more than 10meters (can't remember exactly how far but it is far enough).

Best
I was told 50m arming distance.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6801

fannwong00 wrote:

I was a M203 gunner in the army. The trigger for firing the the grenade launcher is located forward of the magazine and it is very very hard to have the GL 'hanging' out ready to fire at all times. To fire the GL, you have to position it, aim with the the front GL sight and adjust the firing angle rear GL sight to compensate for distance. The arming distance is definitely more than 10meters (can't remember exactly how far but it is far enough). All this takes more than 5sec and it's used more as a support weapon for a squad.

Best
True, but while you are moving, you can hold with one hand, grab a round, load it, and launch it......not very accurately though.  But you sure as hell can't hop with it.
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6875|Deutschland/Germany
I know it's just a game, but think of it this way:

In reality, lets say you and your squad are returning to base in some karkand-like city. You go down another alley alone to see if it's shorter, and an MEC (or equivalent) is there, and starts firing at you. You quickly kill him with your hightech auto-aimbot-system, he dies. Cheats would be very good in real life.

Instead of being disowned as a cheap little fuck, you'd be a hero amongst your fellow soldiers for going head on against an enemy and killing him with no assistance. You might even be recognized by some higher officials, a promotion or even a medal coming near.

Just think about that.

Got my point?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6803

ArMaG3dD0n wrote:

You quickly kill him with your hightech auto-aimbot-system, he dies. Cheats would be very good in real life.
Well.. they would, but we don't have any.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6740
just a quick note about reality and physics. If you turn the corner, come up against this soldier, hop into the air and fire your grenade launcher, you will be knocked on your ass and your shot will probably miss. At which point this enemy soldier will put several aerodynamically shaped pieces of metal at high speed into your torso, and the government gets to inform your next of kin.

And your squad gets to reminisce over a couple of beers about what a retard you were.
airborne916
+24|6705

Skruples wrote:

just a quick note about reality and physics. If you turn the corner, come up against this soldier, hop into the air and fire your grenade launcher, you will be knocked on your ass and your shot will probably miss. At which point this enemy soldier will put several aerodynamically shaped pieces of metal at high speed into your torso, and the government gets to inform your next of kin.

And your squad gets to reminisce over a couple of beers about what a retard you were.
you mean KIA?

But in real life you stick with your squad, no one fights alone.
Corrupt
+0|6880

usmarine2005 wrote:

Shouldnt that be he ran out of 5.56 rounds for his M16?
But otherwise great example-if it hurts it works
Corrupt
+0|6880

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

sparklet wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

well, if the GL stunned him, I'd beat him with the butt of my M16
You fool-Youd snap the thing in half lmao. Its not exactly the sturdy wooden/metal construction most military rifles are.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard