13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6523

>rush.Durex wrote:

To be honest, if you're earning a proper salary (over 25,000/year) you shouldn't be on BF2s, or anything similar. Give your good job to somebody that will live life to the fullest please.
okay - if i'm hitting twice that can i come back?

seriously - i first came to bf2s to check stats, because i played a video game.

i stayed because i liked the forum.

i'm leaving tonight to go to Las Vegas, to throw away more hard earned money, why?

because i can.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6179|what

DonFck wrote:

Below average for my position. Taxes, pension payments, union payments, healthcare payments take 37% off my gross income. So what's left is just enough. But isn't it always? Regardless of income, you always manage to spend it all.
Well at least you'll get a good retirement package. Right?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6479|The Twilight Zone

burnzz wrote:

>rush.Durex wrote:

To be honest, if you're earning a proper salary (over 25,000/year) you shouldn't be on BF2s, or anything similar. Give your good job to somebody that will live life to the fullest please.

i'm leaving tonight to go to Las Vegas, to throw away more hard earned money, why?

because i can.
A man who can(burnzz) quoting a man who can't(durex) ^

Last edited by .Sup (2010-02-05 07:32:39)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5231

burnzz wrote:

>rush.Durex wrote:

because i can.
Well, at least your not spending your night play a 4 year old game

I've never fully understood why successful people would want to play online video games as a proper hobby. I mean you could probably do most of the shit you do online for real with the money you have (paintball, cart racing, track racing etc etc...).
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6616|Reisterstown, MD

>rush.Durex wrote:

What I'm trying to say is that people who are making a lot of money shouldn't be wasting their time with stuff like this. If you have the money you should be living life to the fullest.

Coming home after making like 600 euro a day and then spending your evening gaming just doesn't add up.

I know if I had the money you lot would never see me here again? Jesus, you could go travel the world, marry your girlfriend, buy a house together, make some babies, start a business...

Anything, anything but gaming.
I have a family.  I work 40+ hours per week.  I bring in a lot more than 25,000+ per year.  We go out and do things like that.  However, the crux of the situation is that I still have to work.  I can't just randomly take off to to some place because I have the money to.  That doesn't make much sense.  I game when I get off of work because I want to and enjoy games.  Not blowing my money on random vacation spots doesn't mean I am "wasting my life".  When you get responsibilities, you will understand that.

Last edited by killer21 (2010-02-05 07:37:28)

.Sup
be nice

>rush.Durex wrote:

burnzz wrote:

>rush.Durex wrote:

because i can.
Well, at least your not spending your night play a 4 year old game

I've never fully understood why successful people would want to play online video games as a proper hobby. I mean you could probably do most of the shit you do online for real with the money you have (paintball, cart racing, track racing etc etc...).
Because its fun and you can meet cool people? And kill people without actually committing a crime?
jsnipy
+3,276|6548|...

killer21 wrote:

>rush.Durex wrote:

What I'm trying to say is that people who are making a lot of money shouldn't be wasting their time with stuff like this. If you have the money you should be living life to the fullest.

Coming home after making like 600 euro a day and then spending your evening gaming just doesn't add up.

I know if I had the money you lot would never see me here again? Jesus, you could go travel the world, marry your girlfriend, buy a house together, make some babies, start a business...

I have a family.  I work 40+ hours per week.  I bring in a lot more than 25,000+ per year.  We go out and do things like that.  However, they crux of the situation is that I still have to work.  I can't just randomly take off to some because I have the money to.  That doesn't make much sense.  I game when I get off of work because I want to and enjoy games.  Not blowing my money on random vacation spots doesn't mean I am "wasting my life".  When you get responsibilities, you will understand that.
couldn't have said better ... perhaps i would have added GTFO

+1
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5231

killer21 wrote:

>rush.Durex wrote:

I have a family.  I work 40+ hours per week.  I bring in a lot more than 25,000+ per year.  We go out and do things like that.  However, they crux of the situation is that I still have to work.  I can't just randomly take off to some because I have the money to.  That doesn't make much sense.  I game when I get off of work because I want to and enjoy games.  Not blowing my money on random vacation spots doesn't mean I am "wasting my life".  When you get responsibilities, you will understand that.
Haha. You're taking the piss.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. If my dad came home (a 46 y/o school teacher) said hi, ate his dinner and then went up and played video games for the evening we (my family) wouldn't know what to do with him, I'd probably think he's mentally ill or something.

mentally ill.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6657|Finland

AussieReaper wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Below average for my position. Taxes, pension payments, union payments, healthcare payments take 37% off my gross income. So what's left is just enough. But isn't it always? Regardless of income, you always manage to spend it all.
Well at least you'll get a good retirement package. Right?
Nah. It'll hopefully be about 60% of my average income if I work until I'm 66 or something + the 150 € I put aside monthly in funds, which will add up to a few hundred thousand, I guess? The catch is, I can't get the private pension fund money out before I'm 60 something. Or if unemployed for more than 200 days straight.

Taking into account the general age demographics in 2040's,  I probably can't retire before I'm 70. Also, considering inflation, my pension will suck ass. Hence the fund; gotta think ahead.

Why do people refuse to tell their income? I'm the same, there's something that doesn't make me want to share that information.
I need around tree fiddy.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6758|St. Andrews / Oslo

I used to make £14/hour working at a local gas station.. Without tax

I quit though, and am currently unemployed and happily leeching off the parents
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
jsnipy
+3,276|6548|...

>rush.Durex wrote:

killer21 wrote:

>rush.Durex wrote:

Haha. You're taking the piss.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. If my dad came home (a 46 y/o school teacher) said hi, ate his dinner and then went up and played video games for the evening we (my family) wouldn't know what to do with him, I'd probably think he's mentally ill or something.

mentally ill.
Playing games as an adult does not mean you play every waking moment.

"Taking the piss" : nothing clever or intelligent about any points you are making, honestly
killer21

DonFck wrote:

Why do people refuse to tell their income? I'm the same, there's something that doesn't make me want to share that information.
I dunno.  It's akin to telling your social security number or something....not sure why though.
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5231
I really didn't mean any offense on anybodys behalf. I'm just speaking my opinion (which would probably be the same as 98% of the population of Earth...) that I don't think it's right (and even moral) for professional people with responsibilities to be playing video games. AgainL if you have the money to live your life, whats stopping you? Why are you still here on BF2s?

I don't get it?

I'm always looking for new ways to move forward in life, achieve this and that... And I know if I landed a job with a good yearly salary gaming would be the last thing on my mind.

But thats just me
killer21

You're too young to understand.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6551|South Florida

killer21 wrote:

DonFck wrote:

I dunno.  It's akin to telling your social security number or something....not sure why though.
ya i might pull a csi miami,

lets track him down, we know he makes 53k a year...

ok put that into the computer...

shows theres only 56206 people in the US that make that exact amount.

lets search all there cache's simultaniously to see if any bf2s results come back

FOUND HIM!

now wut.
15 more years! 15 more years!
.Sup
be nice
Your logic is flawed Irish. BF2 has melted your brains mate
jsnipy
+3,276|6548|...

killer21 wrote:

You're too young to understand.
However at his age its probably a good thing he thinks like that
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6551|South Florida

>rush.Durex wrote:

I really didn't mean any offense on anybodys behalf. I'm just speaking my opinion (which would probably be the same as 98% of the population of Earth...) that I don't think it's right (and even moral) for professional people with responsibilities to be playing video games. AgainL if you have the money to live your life, whats stopping you? Why are you still here on BF2s?

I don't get it?

I'm always looking for new ways to move forward in life, achieve this and that... And I know if I landed a job with a good yearly salary gaming would be the last thing on my mind.

But thats just me
lol dude your on a quick path to being hated as much as me, speaking your opinion is not welcome here
15 more years! 15 more years!
Jenspm
penis

what the fuck Irish.

It's morally wrong to play video games and spend time on a forum if your wealthy? What kind of reasoning do you have behind that?

What's the maximum income I can have before I need to stop visiting BF2s?

And what the fuck makes you think people with wealth do something of importance every single minute of every single day?

God.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5231
But would you agree with me that you honestly think (this is to the people who make good money) that spending your time gaming/on gaming forums is beneficial to you compared to other activities that you could partake in, considering your awesome salary.
killer21

Mitch wrote:

ya i might pull a csi miami,

lets track him down, we know he makes 53k a year...

ok put that into the computer...

shows theres only 56206 people in the US that make that exact amount.

lets search all there cache's simultaniously to see if any bf2s results come back

FOUND HIM!

now wut.
Dropped out of sarcasm class huh?

jsnipy wrote:

However at his age its probably a good thing he thinks like that
Maybe.  However, there is a hint of naivete with this thought process.

Last edited by killer21 (2010-02-05 07:51:09)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6547|Austin, Texas
Quoth the internet

Irish, "Your an idiot".

I made $15/hr doing manuel labor. Dragging limbs, digging up cactus, general landscaping, etc. Currently unemployed though and that job is out the window.
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5231

Bevo wrote:

Quoth the internet

Irish, "Your an idiot".

I made $15/hr doing manuel labor. Dragging limbs, digging up cactus, general landscaping, etc. Currently unemployed though and that job is out the window.
You're*

And I was just expressing my honest opinion.

It's what I believe and I didn't mean anybody to be offended.
Jenspm
penis

>rush.Durex wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Quoth the internet

Irish, "Your an idiot".

You're*

well your honest opinion is likely to change if you ever make that kind of money.
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5231

Jenspm wrote:

>rush.Durex wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Quoth the internet

Irish, "Your an idiot".

You're*

well your honest opinion is likely to change if you ever make that kind of money.
Well you wouldn't know. I wouldn't be hanging around gaming forums.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard