Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5607

Hi there!

So I was reading the Preview for Halo Reach in the current issue of Game Informer, and will probably be buying myself a xbox 360 pretty soon to play this game and maybe Forza.

Anyway i have a few questions.

1.What is the likely hood of the 360 failing? I mainly play console games since I lack the time to have to deal with PC updating and alike, from what I'm told you could send it in if it fails but that would still REALLY piss me off to have to do.

2. My PS3 came with built in wireless internet causes it's awesome like that, does the 360 come with built in wireless or would I have to buy an accessory for that?

3. I don't care to play online games but I did enjoy buying older games on the PS3 network, would I have to buy a membership in order to just be able to buy games through their system?

4. Do they even have a system where I can buy xbox games or other games through it?

5. I don't plan on playing games online so the headset means nothing to me, I'll never fill up the HD, I want wireless internet so the network cable is worthless to me, and they sell the HDMI cable separately anyway so yes seriously the only reason I would buy the Elite over the arcade is because it's black. But since I would rather not have to pay for some stuff I'll never use, do some Arcades come in black.

Thanks!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6676

Trolling is a art. You're being too subtle with this post.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5607

I'm not trolling, just wondering about a probable future purchase.

Last edited by Macbeth (2010-01-15 15:46:45)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6559|Long Island, New York

Macbeth wrote:

Hi there!

So I was reading the Preview for Halo Reach in the current issue of Game Informer, and will probably be buying myself a xbox 360 pretty soon to play this game and maybe Forza.

1.What is the likely hood of the 360 failing? I mainly play console games since I lack the time to have to deal with PC updating and alike, from what I'm told you could send it in if it fails but that would still REALLY piss me off to have to do.

2. My PS3 came with built in wireless internet causes it's awesome like that, does the 360 come with built in wireless or would I have to buy an accessory for that?

3. I don't care to play online games but I did enjoy buying older games on the PS3 network, would I have to buy a membership in order to just be able to buy games through their system?

4. Do they even have a system where I can buy xbox games or other games through it?

5. I don't plan on playing games online so the headset means nothing to me, I'll never fill up the HD, I want wireless internet so the network cable is worthless to me, and they sell the HDMI cable separately anyway so yes seriously the only reason I would buy the Elite over the arcade is because it's black. But since I would rather not have to pay for some stuff I'll never use, do some Arcades come in black.

Thanks!
1. With the new chipsets? Very little. http://kotaku.com/5350590/report-360-mo … s-frequent

2. You'd have to buy an accessory. This is one of the thing I really hate MS for. You can get 'em for around $50-60 on eBay. There's a new Wireless N one on Newegg for $80 but it's really not necessary.

3. I don't believe so. Xbox Originals should be available for silver (non XBL paying) members.

4. Yep, Xbox Originals and Games on Demand. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/gameson … efault.htm

5. Not that I'm aware of.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5607

Poseidon wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hi there!

Thanks!
1. With the new chipsets? Very little. http://kotaku.com/5350590/report-360-mo … s-frequent

2. You'd have to buy an accessory. This is one of the thing I really hate MS for. You can get 'em for around $50-60 on eBay. There's a new Wireless N one on Newegg for $80 but it's really not necessary.

3. I don't believe so. Xbox Originals should be available for silver (non XBL paying) members.

4. Yep, Xbox Originals and Games on Demand. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/gameson … efault.htm

5. Not that I'm aware of.
Alright thanks.

You may not karma the same person in a 24 hour period.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5281|foggy bottom
xbox sucks
Tu Stultus Es
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5531|America
inb4consolewars
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
ruisleipa
+149|6244|teh FIN-land
Note that if you wanna do online gaming with the xbox some games require you to have gold membership, e.g. cod:mw2...
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6710|"The Empire"
what ever they tell you about them failing, dont believe, im on my 3rd xbox and this stiil gets disc errors causing games to crash.

They are good fun but basically problematic.
Chou
+737|6812
I've had my 360 for over a year now and it never failed on me.
Install games to your HDD and never put the console vertical and/or move it while it's switched on with disc in tray lalala, keep it ventilated.
Downpoint: it's Micronazi and their ripoff industry making you pay for everything cause they aim at your wallet, fuck you as a customer.

Buy a PS3.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5810|Catherine Black

Chou wrote:

Buy a PS3.

Macbeth wrote:

My PS3
Lmao.

Also Macbeth nice post, I was able to read through it without having to read every word. Without the highlights I probably would have ignored it.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6588|England

Chou wrote:

Install games to your HDD and never put the console vertical and/or move it while it's switched on with disc in tray lalala, keep it ventilated.
Not moving the console fucking sucks. I lost a 3day old GTA4 disc because I wanted to lay it flat, rather than standing, because I was worried of knocking it over. I wouldnt think "Oh, I must turn it off first". I mean, if you have a wired controller (or even a "wireless controller" with the recharger lead), somebody trips up over that wire and drags the console...say goodbye to your disc.

I remember seeing this on Watchdog (on the offchance ) and M$ just flat-out denied it as being a problem. They claimed that people should "take care". Fuck off. Its a design fault, and when you have younger children, etc, running about...it WILL happen. End of.
I expect to see a lot more of this if Project-Natal isn't a flop, which I think it will be.

Chou wrote:

Buy a PS3.
No, it doesn't have Gears or Forza.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5810|Catherine Black

Snake wrote:

Forza, I can give you, but Gears is only good on the first playthrough. There's no wanting to play it again after you complete it, and the online is filled with more idiot children than CS:S.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6588|England

Finray wrote:

Snake wrote:

Forza, I can give you, but Gears is only good on the first playthrough. There's no wanting to play it again after you complete it, and the online is filled with more idiot children than CS:S.
Are we playing the same game? Because that is certainly not correct in my experience. Perhaps its just me, but I really buy into the storyline and have played the campaign of 1 & 2 several times over. I bought an Xbox just to play GoW2, first console Ive had since the N64. Even the books were worth the read

In fact, the only bad thing I can say about Gears is its very poor host selection and massive host advantage, which does admittedly cause a lot of issues online. Its far from perfect, but better than any other shooter available, first or third person.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6643|London, England
I played Forza, was expecting something better than that. More Arcade than I thought it would be. I was hoping they actually wanted to try and make a more proper sim for the Xbox.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6280|B.C. Canada

Snake wrote:

Not moving the console fucking sucks. I mean, if you have a wired controller (or even a "wireless controller" with the recharger lead), somebody trips up over that wire and drags the console...say goodbye to your disc.
This fucking happened to me with 3 games! stupid clumsy girlfriend trips over my charging cord! I lost NHL 09 3 weeks after I bought it. I lost Oblivion a while ago and I just recently bought MW2 had if for ONE FUCKING WEEK and BAM! Its gone! Fuck discs. Go back to cartridges!
VicktorVauhn
+319|6414|Southern California

Mekstizzle wrote:

I played Forza, was expecting something better than that. More Arcade than I thought it would be. I was hoping they actually wanted to try and make a more proper sim for the Xbox.
Basically they don't make proper sims for consoles.

Most people don't do any kind of real race driving, so sims do nothing but point out the fact that even though they can chirp tires away from a green light they suck at actual driving.
People don't want a game that is as hard as real driving, just one that is easy enough to make them feel like a race car driver, and hard enough that their friend who isn't used to it will spin out.

Sim racers are a niche game and if made well too hard for most people too care about. Consoles are not particularly good at catering to small development teams with niche products.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6365

trex1210 wrote:

Snake wrote:

Not moving the console fucking sucks. I mean, if you have a wired controller (or even a "wireless controller" with the recharger lead), somebody trips up over that wire and drags the console...say goodbye to your disc.
This fucking happened to me with 3 games! stupid clumsy girlfriend trips over my charging cord! I lost NHL 09 3 weeks after I bought it. I lost Oblivion a while ago and I just recently bought MW2 had if for ONE FUCKING WEEK and BAM! Its gone! Fuck discs. Go back to cartridges!
Enlighten me. How can the console make you lose a disc? I never heard of that before, due to lack of interest most likely, cause I don´t got a console.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6021|The Mitten

Sisco10 wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Snake wrote:

Enlighten me. How can the console make you lose a disc? I never heard of that before, due to lack of interest most likely, cause I don´t got a console.
lose = destroy.

and in this case, shitty xbawx design means that the tray is so close to the spinning disc, if you bump it, it will cause contact, irreparably damaging the disc.
EE (hats
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6764|FUCK UBISOFT

Morpheus wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hi there!

None at all, my fiend has one from like, 2006, and it still works fine
it actually uses wireless cellphone signals, don't even worry about it
No, they just ask the nigerians it you're trustworthy enough
No, they just load all the games they want you to play straight to your box.
who cares, black spray paint is cheaper.
Thanks!
post of the year.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6490
omgps3hammerlegion
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6365

Morpheus wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

lose = destroy.

and in this case, shitty xbawx design means that the tray is so close to the spinning disc, if you bump it, it will cause contact, irreparably damaging the disc.
omg. How fucked up is that?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6280|B.C. Canada

Sisco10 wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Snake wrote:

It destroys the disc. Puts a huge deep ring on the surface.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard