C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5347|$
Yeah, good idea on the Reflex game, I'm thinking about getting dirt 2 also and of course mw2, If I get a sports game it will probably either be soccer or football
C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5347|$
I have a question about the 360, If I get a 20 gig hard drive for it, will I be able to play mw2 online? or do I need to get the 60 gig?
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6402|California
any game on the 360 rarely take up any space on the 360 HD, it will only take up a few gigs if you install the game into the HD, so a 20GB HD would work if you only install 2 to 3 games
C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5347|$
Why would I want to install a game though? what does that do? can't I just put the disc in like normal and save the game and not take up a few gigs? whats the point of installing a game? And does it take up memory to play online?? (xbox live)
Dookie0119
+43|5814

C0Ry<3 wrote:

Why would I want to install a game though? what does that do? can't I just put the disc in like normal and save the game and not take up a few gigs? whats the point of installing a game? And does it take up memory to play online?? (xbox live)
If you install a game to your hard drive, the xbox won't need to keep on spinning the disc of that game which means that the xbox will be much quieter when playing and can reduce the risk of disc faliure/RRoD.

Last edited by Dookie0119 (2009-12-22 04:33:22)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6695|The darkside of Denver

Dookie0119 wrote:

C0Ry<3 wrote:

If you install a game to your hard drive, the xbox won't need to keep on spinning the disc of that game which means that the xbox will be much quieter when playing and can reduce the risk of disc faliure/RRoD.
Disk read errors seem to be another common fatal flaw in teh 360.  my third 360 is not reading discs.  The first two RRoD
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5824|Catherine Black
XBox live takes no HDD space.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5347|$
I have another question about playing xbox live on mw2, there isn't any downloads or patches or anything to do on the console? or is there, thats the space I'm talking about.
C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5347|$
Well guys, I just got a gamertag on xbox live silver lol I still need to get gold so I can actually play. This is my plan, I'm going to get a 60 gig hard drive and then get a year of xbox live, I'll probably only play mw2 and halo 3 online, but thats the plan so far, Just need to save up a bit more cash to do so.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6573|Long Island, New York

C0Ry<3 wrote:

Well guys, I just got a gamertag on xbox live silver lol I still need to get gold so I can actually play. This is my plan, I'm going to get a 60 gig hard drive and then get a year of xbox live, I'll probably only play mw2 and halo 3 online, but thats the plan so far, Just need to save up a bit more cash to do so.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … -_-Product

$10 lower than typical retailers.
C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5347|$
Thanks man,  I need to get so much stuff I need to get a hard drive and then the game and then the year, can I buy the year membership now and activate it next month? and still have the year?
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6668

C0Ry<3 wrote:

Thanks man,  I need to get so much stuff I need to get a hard drive and then the game and then the year, can I buy the year membership now and activate it next month? and still have the year?
I believe the year lasts 365 days.
C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5347|$
Yeah, I know that. But if I buy it and activate it the next month? will it count it from the month I bought it or the day I activate it? Say I buy it today and activate it next month, will I have until January 22nd of next year to play xbox live?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6773|Oxferd Ohire

C0Ry<3 wrote:

Say I buy it today and activate it next month, will I have until January 22nd of next year to play xbox live?
yes, but i think 12 month memberships come with a free month. unless they changed it...
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6703

Live Gold accounts start on the day you redeem the code using your Live login (in your case, your Silver account).  I wait for sales on Gold yearly memberships ($30 from a recent BestBuy Rewards Zone offer, and every couple months, $30 from Buy.com via Ebay store), and hoard up and store them until needed. 

As for HD space, after sometime, updates/patches, DLC, demos, map packs, will eat up your harddrive space.  Definitely go for at least the 60 HD.  Personally, you should have purchased the XBox Pro at the get go, instead of the Arcade version., saving you more in the long run.

Oh, BTW, don't ever link a credit card to your Live account.  It'll be a hell of a headache to get it removed.  Stick with Live membership cards and Point cards.

Last edited by Ilocano (2009-12-23 02:32:22)

C0Ry<3
Stop Simping
+11|5347|$
Thanks for the info Ilocano, The only reason I got the arcade was because it was a xmas present from my girlfriend, she didn't know any better, but she is helping me get the 60 HD so it isn't a big loss to me, and I do plan on only using the cards and just redeeming my code and stocking up on them is a very good idea, I was going to stock up on 3 month at first and when I get the money, get the 12 month, Thanks for all your help guys, I should be playing online here soon, I'll probably be playing mw2 at first til I get some more games, PM me if you want my gamertag and you like to just have a good time while playing. I'll probably just play mw2 online and save the rest for just normal play so I will make sure not to exceed my memory when I get the 60 gig.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard